Underrated games on ps4/ps3 (appreciation thread)

JEDI_BROTHERS

PixelJunk Shooter Ultimate
Resogun
Valiant Hearts: The Great War
The Witness
Remember Me    
Furi
Lovers in a Dangerous Spacetime
Robinson: The Journey
Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice
Rime
Statik
Astro Bot Rescue Mission
Moss
What Remains of Edith Finch
Thumper

• Like 2

I could be the only one who actually enjoyed and praised Alone in the Dark: Inferno for its physics puzzles, fire propagation and inventory system. Also the graphic wasn't bad for a 2008/2009 game, and the gameplay is improved from the 360 version. It has still some weird bugs and the plot is a mess, but this was actually a decent game if you forgive some of its oddities.

Binary Domain is another game I truly loved and enjoyed. The shooting parts were done well, the boss fights were thrilling and the whole concept wasn't that bad, too bad it underperformed in terms of sales. 

Blur is another underrated racing game from the (now gone) minds of Bizzarre Creations (developers of amazing F1 games on PS1 and the Project Gotham Racing series, just to name a few). I liked the idea of "real cars with Mario kart power-ups". It was challenging, fun and it felt unique among the other racing games. I would also mention Fuel: while it's true that the huge map wasn't actually all that great, the fact you were given freedom how to reach a checkpoint and the variety of the vehicles was enough for me to enjoy it.

Syndicate, another fun, yet underrated game. It doesn't belong AT ALL to the legacy of the original RTS title, but as a shooter, it had interesting ideas and great co-op. 

There are more underrated games I've played, but those are for me the ones I think would be more appreciated if people didn't ignore them.

• Like 1

Sleeping Dogs is an extremely underrated game, has an excellent story that is so well-written filled with great characters and outstanding gameplay, but at the time, it failed to meet sales expectations and that caused Square-Enix to cancel any future sequel.

The game is great, in fact it's my favourite open world game and it's a must if you love kung-fu movies. 10/10

Edited by ShinigamiSensei-
  • Like 2

Lfb8cfc.png

DEADBOLT on the PS4, brother. Do you want a challenge? It's a side-scrolling game where yourself and your ammunition are your worst nightmare. You die in one-hit, no matter what. Well, there's the 1-hour run, no-death run, and 5-star all missions. The first two has to be done in one sitting, so save-scumming will never work. Plus, it is extremely underrated. Trust me, it's a good game, which is actually hard to master. I died 100 freaking times just to get the no-death trophy and 60 times for the 1-hour run trophy.

Edited by BadRep24

Assassins Creed Unity - one of the best looking games this generation imo.  Plays much better than it did at launch.  My fav Assassins Creed game.

Final Fantasy XIII - I really enjoyed the aesthetic and the battle system. Did not mind it’s linear nature at all

The Order 1886: Perfect rainy day game.  Nothing special, but I think it’s definitely worth the 5 or so hours it takes to beat.  Easy plat too

• Like 2

I thought Singularity was underrated and flew under most people's radar.

The other game that springs to mind is Metro 2033, although this was never on PS3. But on the 360 I felt it was very much underrated. I still think it is to a degree, but definitely more people have played it now since it came to PS4/X1.

I'm also going to say Mafia II, although again, with a remaster for PS4 I guess more people will play this one now. But I'm talking more at the time these games first came out.

Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen. It came out on PS3 back in 2012. The world, the story and especially the combat were all great in my opinion. Rarely hear people talk about it.

Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning was also a very underrated game, glad it's getting a remaster in August.

2 hours ago, BCornish said:

Assassins Creed Unity - one of the best looking games this generation imo.  Plays much better than it did at launch.  My fav Assassins Creed game.

Final Fantasy XIII - I really enjoyed the aesthetic and the battle system. Did not mind it’s linear nature at all

The Order 1886: Perfect rainy day game.  Nothing special, but I think it’s definitely worth the 5 or so hours it takes to beat.  Easy plat too

I bought ac unity during a 5 for 20 sale at gamestop, cant wait to start it