Best way to farm Glowing Fragments

Gaollion

• 2 months later...
8 hours ago, D1SCO_STU said:

Does this still work? My amulet is disappearing when I download the world save.

Yes, we prepared a save two days ago, where the door to the Fragments is already open. Had no problem restoring the world save and getting the amulet to respawn.

Which amulet disappears though when you restore your save.. the one on your character or in the dungeon? Did you disable auto-uploads to the cloud? 

Also, there is no need to keep getting the amulet in each run. Just open the door to the fragments, quit the game, upload the world save... and now keep collecting the fragments and restoring the world save. The door will already be open.

Edited by Arcesius
  • Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
On ‎01‎/‎09‎/‎2020 at 8:23 AM, Arcesius said:

Yes, we prepared a save two days ago, where the door to the Fragments is already open. Had no problem restoring the world save and getting the amulet to respawn.

Which amulet disappears though when you restore your save.. the one on your character or in the dungeon? Did you disable auto-uploads to the cloud? 

Also, there is no need to keep getting the amulet in each run. Just open the door to the fragments, quit the game, upload the world save... and now keep collecting the fragments and restoring the world save. The door will already be open.

hey do you happen to mind helping me get them fragments? as I can't seem to find anyone who would be up to helping me get them sadly

11 hours ago, KANERKB said:

hey do you happen to mind helping me get them fragments? as I can't seem to find anyone who would be up to helping me get them sadly

I would have to download the game again, but I'm not exactly sure what you need help with? If anything, farming is actuall faster solo, since that way you don't need to wait for anyone to join your game each time you re-download your save... There is nothing that requires having a second player doing this with you :) 

8 hours ago, Arcesius said:

I would have to download the game again, but I'm not exactly sure what you need help with? If anything, farming is actuall faster solo, since that way you don't need to wait for anyone to join your game each time you re-download your save... There is nothing that requires having a second player doing this with you :) 

ah ok, I thought I ask as I thought you was on the game still

• 1 month later...
6 hours ago, kusuriuriPT said:

If i get the DLC..is it possible to get glowing fragments on hard difficulty on the main Campaign? Or its only available on de dlc "world"?

You can in principle get fragments on hard difficulty and above in through regular campaign play if you own the DLC, but the drop rates are very low. The higher the difficutly, the better the drop rate. They don't drop on normal as far as I know. 

Other than that.. Survival mode, and the above mentioned farming method. 

18 hours ago, Arcesius said:

You can in principle get fragments on hard difficulty and above in through regular campaign play if you own the DLC, but the drop rates are very low. The higher the difficutly, the better the drop rate. They don't drop on normal as far as I know. 

Other than that.. Survival mode, and the above mentioned farming method. 

Well i wont play the dlc that soon...10 rerolls and still no ace's coin lol

On 20/06/2020 at 10:27 PM, Gaollion said:

PSA: If  you happen to get the trophy for killing 10 trophies in a row before you purchase 40 armor skins like i did, you can obtain the rest of the Glowing Fragments needed more easily than playing Survival or Campaign/Adventure on harder difficulties.

Roll the Adventure on Corsus until you reach a dungeon called Fetid Pools (the bad luck protection will ensure it won't take that long to find it). Once there, try to find the Rusted Amulet (although it's a quest item, i'm not sure it's a fixed spawn, if it's not there, re-roll until you have both the Fetid Pools and the Rusted Amulet inside it). With it, you can now return to the checkpoint from the beginning of the dungeon and exit your game. 

Save your game on the cloud or in a USB flash drive. Restore the save, but only choosing the World Save (don't restore the Character one, otherwise you won't have the Rusted Amulet once you go back into the game). 

With that done, go back into the dungeon and you will notice the Rusted Amulet will still be there, with a spare on your inventory. Don't pick the second one, instead, go to one of the acid pools located in a large area of the dungeon and crouch inside it with the amulet equipped. In a few seconds it will turn into the Acid Cleaned Key, that will be necessary to open one of the gates at the end of the dungeon. 

To the right of the end checkpoint of the dungeon, there will be a set of locked stairs. Open that gate and go back to the spare Rusted Amulet you saved. Pick it up and obtain the Acid Cleaned Key again (you can't hold more than one key at a time, so if you try to pick up the amulet with another one in your inventory, it will just turn into scrap). 

At the top of the stairs, to the right, will be a locked gate containing 25 Glowing Fragments. 

Once you get it right, it will take you about 15 minutes restoring your save twice (one to get the amulet, and another one to get to the Glowing Fragments) per run. Just remember to only restore the World save, otherwise you'll lose both the Rusted Amulet and the Glowing Fragments you farmed.

If you want to make this even faster, you can have one or two co-op partners with Fetid Pools in their saves, which will also make you obtain other items, such as the Simulacrums or Lumenite Crystals behind the other doors. If you have other doubts to make no mistakes, you can watch the video below: 

So if my noob mind understands correctly your method turns a 2 run process of getting 2 keys in to a 1 Run afair with save manipulation.

11 hours ago, kusuriuriPT said:

So if my noob mind understands correctly your method turns a 2 run process of getting 2 keys in to a 1 Run afair with save manipulation.

Yes. Combine the knowledge from the first post with the subsequent tip from Arcesius below for faster results: 

On 01/09/2020 at 4:23 AM, Arcesius said:

6 hours ago, Gaollion said:

Yes. Combine the knowledge from the first post with the subsequent tip from Arcesius below for faster results: 

So...i dont need to do a new Run for each 25 glowing fragments?..i just need to reset the world save and keep picking up the glowing fragments ? Thats the part that im still confused..if i need to do new runs and the save exploit just let me get 2 keys in one or i just do The exploit and get all the glowing fragments i need in One go.

28 minutes ago, kusuriuriPT said:

So...i dont need to do a new Run for each 25 glowing fragments?..i just need to reset the world save and keep picking up the glowing fragments ? Thats the part that im still confused..if i need to do new runs and the save exploit just let me get 2 keys in one or i just do The exploit and get all the glowing fragments i need in One go.

@Arcesius

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Arcesius said:

You summoned me? 1f605.png

It's really not that complicated. Here are the steps my group followed: 

1. Find the amulet, but don't pick it up. 
  2. Upload your saves (both world and char) to the cloud. 
  3. Pick up the amulet. 
  4. Restore only the world save. 
  5. Turn the amulet you have on you into a key, and open the first door. 
  6. Pick up the amulet, turn it into the second key, and open the door to the fragments. Don't pick them up. 
  7. Upload your world save to the cloud. 

Now you can pick up the fragments, restore the world save, repeat. We only needed to farm for about an hour to get enough fragments for all skins. 

Thank you for clearing it up! This will take alot of grinding off the table since im scared of survivor mode and i was thinking of doing it on normal.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
On 6/20/2020 at 2:27 PM, Gaollion said:

PSA: If  you happen to get the trophy for killing 10 trophies in a row before you purchase 40 armor skins like i did, you can obtain the rest of the Glowing Fragments needed more easily than playing Survival or Campaign/Adventure on harder difficulties.

Just to be clear, are you saying this method is easier once you get the trophy for killing 10 bosses in a row? Or are you saying there is a completely different easier method for people who have cleared 10 in a row already?

4 minutes ago, PsychoReaper said:

Just to be clear, are you saying this method is easier once you get the trophy for killing 10 bosses in a row? Or are you saying there is a completely different easier method for people who have cleared 10 in a row already?

Buying skins does not make survival easier, so just stop playing survival after you beat 10 bosses

Edited by Kowal821

1 minute ago, Kowal821 said:

Buying skins does not make survival easier, There is brilliant farming method for glowing materials mentioned in other posts so just stop playing survival after you beat 10 bosses

I know buying skins doesn't make survival easier. I was asking if there is a different method for people who beat 10 bosses in a row, if so where can I find it?

11 hours ago, PsychoReaper said:

Getting through Fetid Pools is the best method for acquiring Glowing Fragments, but it's not recommended to do it before attempting Survival because by trying to reach 10 boss kills in a row you'll naturally get a lot of Glowing Fragments, and depending on how many tries it takes for some players, they can acquire enough to buy all the armor skins without the need to farm. But that's not the case for everyone, so there's no need to go back to Survival after you get Dominator to farm as you can just do the method i posted. 

• Like 1

I can confirm this method works 100%. You can farm 25 glowing fragments from Fetid Pools dungeon every 3 minutes. Just once you open both doors leading to the fragments do not pick it up yet! Go save your game at the crystal right in the room with the doors. Then exit your game and upload world save only on the cloud. Get the crystals, exit game, download world save only, get the crystals and so on. Easy?