Best way to farm Glowing Fragments

Gaollion

This method is invaluable and the underlying technique would probably apply to other aspects of the game (saving something on character but restoring the world) such as getting ent’s two weapons in one run or something. It took me 3h to setup the thing but god I can’t even start to guess how much time it would take to get that many fragments naturally in survival... 

thanks a lot !

On 14/04/2021 at 3:36 AM, Joker-Kun890 said:

What are the requirements for Fashion and Fashion is danger? 

I've bought more than 15 skins now and the trophy hasn't unlocked. Is it glitched? 

Well, the requirements are only purchasing the skin pieces from Whispers, you could check the amount you have by selecting a skin and pressing :square: on it to change to the one you've bought. This wasn't a problematic trophy, unless the game doesn't count the ones from Subject 2923, but that doesn't seem to be the case since someone from TrueAchievements got the trophy by buying them (which actually costs less than buying the full sets, as you can just buy the head pieces of the majority which will be cheaper). It's worth keeping a backup save before you buy them all at once, in case the trophy remains glitched, so you can restore it to see if it pops then. 

18 hours ago, Rqsb_ said:

This method is invaluable and the underlying technique would probably apply to other aspects of the game (saving something on character but restoring the world) such as getting ent’s two weapons in one run or something. It took me 3h to setup the thing but god I can’t even start to guess how much time it would take to get that many fragments naturally in survival... 

thanks a lot !

You are correct, restoring the World and keeping the Chraracter save can help you get different items that would require another playthrough (such as getting Ruin from the Undying King and restoring the save to give the Guardian's Heart to the Iskal Queen without losing it). It also works if you want to farm Trait Points by restoring a save before you complete a quest or pick up a Tome of Knowledge. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 4. 11. 2020 at 8:25 AM, Arcesius said:

You summoned me? ?

It's really not that complicated. Here are the steps my group followed: 

1. Find the amulet, but don't pick it up. 
  2. Upload your saves (both world and char) to the cloud. 
  3. Pick up the amulet. 
  4. Restore only the world save. 
  5. Turn the amulet you have on you into a key, and open the first door. 
  6. Pick up the amulet, turn it into the second key, and open the door to the fragments. Don't pick them up. 
  7. Upload your world save to the cloud. 

Now you can pick up the fragments, restore the world save, repeat. We only needed to farm for about an hour to get enough fragments for all skins. 

Works like a charm. I will just add couple numbers that might help others:

With both DLCs installed, I had 18 skins sets available = 54 pieces total.

Cheapest way to acquire 40 is to buy:

• 18x helmet @ 10 = 180 fragments
  • 18x leggings @ 15 = 270 fragments
  • 4x chest @ 25 = 100 fragments
  • Total fragments needed: 550

On PS5, I was doing a single cycle in ~90 seconds. You can quit after you pickup the fragments, no need to run back to checkpoint.

One cycle will yield 25 fragments. If you have 0 fragments, you will need to do 22 cycles which will take anywhere between 35-40 minutes.

• Like 4

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
27 minutes ago, HuntingFever said:

How far into the DLC is the Fetid Pools Dungeon? Also, how do you acquire the Bad Luck prevention?

You use adventure mode which allows you to re-roll your world, in this case Corsus.

I think finding the Fetid Pools area took me maybe 10-15 minutes tops. This location does not always spawn in Corsus so you might have to re-roll couple times.

"Bad Luck Protection" is an in-game feature which should prevent your re-rolls from being too similar on subsequent replays.

Edited by HusKy
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

Here's an alternative method for solo farming the Fetid Pools :):

I did this earlier on today and it works just fine with the 1.24 patch installed but it can be a tad finicky getting the positioning right and sometimes the doors will stay shut for a few seconds until the game registered the fact they're supposed to be open. Also note the Glowing Fragments are finicky and might not save properly if you save/quit immediately after picking them up but before all the notifications have stopped appearing.

• 2 weeks later...
25 minutes ago, I-CatHasTrophy-I said:

I dont know if this got fixed - bit I tried this out today and it doesnt work anymore. When I pick up the rusty amulet I only get 400 metal for it - so no way to open the cages again.

I did the 10 waves yesterday and I have sooo many fragments to farm :((

Maybe I'm wrong as I platted it a while ago but if you get 400 metal it's just because you already have the rusty amulet in your inventory, and you can't have two of it.

1 hour ago, I-CatHasTrophy-I said:

I dont know if this got fixed - bit I tried this out today and it doesnt work anymore. When I pick up the rusty amulet I only get 400 metal for it - so no way to open the cages again.

I did the 10 waves yesterday and I have sooo many fragments to farm :((

It sounds like you did it wrong because this exploit worked just fine for me last month on the 1.24 patch.

2 hours ago, breakXedge said:

Maybe I'm wrong as I platted it a while ago but if you get 400 metal it's just because you already have the rusty amulet in your inventory, and you can't have two of it.

No sadly not, I checked that. But there was a patch about 2 weeks ago, maybe thats the reason it doesnt work anymore.

But the trick with the teleport mod worked for me :) glad i got it done!

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, I-CatHasTrophy-I said:

No sadly not, I checked that. But there was a patch about 2 weeks ago, maybe thats the reason it doesnt work anymore.

But the trick with the teleport mod worked for me :) glad i got it done!

What patch? The 1.24 update is the most recent one for the Global version and was released 7 months ago in May 2021 ?. The latest patch for the Asia and JP versions are 1.08 and 1.07 respectively and came out between May and June last year but I don't know what version the Korean release is on.

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.

13 hours ago, HuntingFever said:

What patch? The 1.24 update is the most recent one for the Global version and was released 7 months ago in May 2021 1f914.png. The latest patch for the Asia and JP versions are 1.08 and 1.07 respectively and came out between May and June last year but I don't know what version the Korean release is on.

Oh my game told me that the last update was 13 days ago. I tried to go for the 10 waves with a friend a few days ago and we always got the dlc region in wave 1 - and we always got the same weapons and mods for about 3 hours (not a single companion-mod, only shotguns, it was terrible). We have never been that unlucky before, thats why we checked if there was an update that changed survival mode, since we played the last time. We also got boss-weapons in round one which we couldnt buy with the 1000$ at the start, what we've never seen before. But I just asked google about it and there is no information about an update either. Really strange :D

Edited by I-CatHasTrophy-I

• 1 year later...

The above method is more of an "idea" of how it works and isn't detailed enough.  I had to do my own trial and error for 2 hours before it worked.  Hopefully, the additional details below help others:

Find the Fetid Pools map on Corsus.  From first Corsus map, you will want to find this tower in this picture:

0?ui=2&ik=69f474fc8d&attid=0.1&permmsgid=msg-a:r5836038061805049173&th=187d87780d4f15cd&view=fimg&fur=ip&sz=s0-l75-ft&attbid=ANGjdJ8Dht4vdfUdfQg9KmF_4qNLhh5ZWx1zFDuu_O0ODkCcgf93Q-xhedKBzcsq34PNgv7ZBsfMf2dMN4DTtGpdkX9l0C38_fE4g7d7CxQrVO3dXg7SiHm_OTa9_Kw&disp=emb&realattid=187d8776046fcd0a1631

The dungeon from the picture has a 1 in 5 chance to spawn the Fetid Pools.  If it is not the Fetid Pools upon entering this dungeon, re-roll and repeat until you get Fetid Pools.

Once you're in Fetid Pools dungeon, follow the steps:

1. Find the the acid pools, and the end of the dungeon checkpoint.  The end checkpoint is where the locked doors are.  If you checkpoint at the end dungeon, it'll save you some backtracking.
  2. Find the Rusted amulet, but don't pick it up. If for some reason it doesn't spawn and is another purple item, you'll have to re-roll and find the Fetid Pools again.  There is ONLY 1 purple item in the dungeon, except for what is behind the locked doors.  Search behind breakable doors and all nooks and crannies.
  3. Upload your saves (both world and character) to the cloud or USB. USB is best if you don't want to play with your settings to decline auto-upload saves to cloud.
  4. Pick up the Rusted amulet. Quit and exit the game from the amulet, no need to backtrack to the checkpoint.
  5. Restore only the world save from USB/cloud back to system storage. 
  6. You will have 1 amulet in inventory upon spawning back in.  Turn the amulet you have on you into a key in the acid pools, and open the first door with the stairs behind (this leads to the glowing fragments).  You can kill yourself after the key is made in the pools or from enemies, this will take you back to the end dungeon checkpoint with the locked doors.
  7. Pick up the amulet in the map again (should be there if steps above were done correctly).  Turn it into the second key from the acid pools, kill yourself to get back to the checkpoint, and go up the stairs after the first door you opened with the first key.  Open the next door with the fragments (they are red). Don't pick them up.  Quit and exit the game from the there, no need to backtrack to the checkpoint.
  8. Upload your world save to the cloud or USB.  This will overwrite your saves in step 3.  I made sure I copied the saves in step 3 to my PC before I overwritten them in case I messed up. 
  9. Load the game and pick up the fragments.  If done steps above correctly, the 2 doors will be unlocked, allowing you to pick up the fragments. Allow the game to catch up and display "New item Glowing fragment" 25 times (this is best to get the full count applied to your inventory before exiting).  When it's done displaying, quit and exit from the fragments door, no need to backtrack to the checkpoint.
  10. Restore only the world save from USB/cloud back to system storage. 
  11. Repeat steps 9&10 until you have enough fragments to buy what you need!  Be sure to check your inventory to make sure you're getting 25 each time.  Took me 5 minutes 45 seconds for each run for steps 9&10 with loading times on a PS4 (including waiting for the game to catch up and display all 25, and checking my inventory went up by 25 each time).
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...
On 04/11/2020 at 7:25 AM, Arcesius said:

You summoned me? ?

It's really not that complicated. Here are the steps my group followed: 

1. Find the amulet, but don't pick it up. 
  2. Upload your saves (both world and char) to the cloud. 
  3. Pick up the amulet. 
  4. Restore only the world save. 
  5. Turn the amulet you have on you into a key, and open the first door. 
  6. Pick up the amulet, turn it into the second key, and open the door to the fragments. Don't pick them up. 
  7. Upload your world save to the cloud. 

Now you can pick up the fragments, restore the world save, repeat. We only needed to farm for about an hour to get enough fragments for all skins. 

Thank you :D

• 2 months later...