So, was anyone else able to avoid spoilers?

I avoided pretty much all spoilers, just finished the game 5 minutes ago just watching the credits roll now.  I loved the game but not as much as the first but honestly I didn't think the story could hold up with the first one anyways.  But I will say the second half of the game gets pretty fucking nuts.  

I'm glad I held out on spoilers I was so tempted to just look but it was all worth the wait.

Unfortunately i wasn’t able to avoid all spoilers but it hasn’t gotten in the way of my decision on wether I was gonna purchase the game or not. So far all the things that made the first game great are present but with better and more violent gameplay so I’m enjoying it a ton. My only gripes as of now would be that the companions still run around like fools but it’s made even worst here because there’s times where they’ll shove you out of cover or take a spot you’re occupying which can result in failed stealth sequences or death and another is the clickers, do they have eyes now or something? They seem to catch me despite being awfully quiet at times but this could be because I’m on survival difficulty. 

I wouldn’t be surprised if this was one of them games where majority of those who have experienced the full thing will enjoy it and those who haven’t but have seen the leaks will stick to their guns on calling it an abomination of a game 0/10. 

• Like 3

I read some of the leaks and I've saw spoilers from people who played it (don't worry I'm not going to say anything) personally I was on the fence whether TLOU needed a sequel and the spoilers don't give me much hope in proving me wrong. The gameplay looks good though, so I might pick it up and experience it fully when it goes cheaper but for now I'm just going to stick with catching up on my backlog. I'm glad some people enjoyed it though.

• Like 1

Yes, I knew nothing besides the fact there were leaks and that it was supposed to be bad. Probably because I don't  do much with social media, and avoided all content for this game for the last month.

After finishing the plat (1st playthough blind), I must agree though. In my opinion, the game is great beside the story and character development. Which are the most important part of these games, so I was pretty disapointed with it overall.

• Like 2

Just got to the part in the game that was most recently shown during state of play. Was not spoilered at all, so definitely surprised by the twists and turns so far. I think the key to avoid spoilers is to not read comments about the game, or watch videos that are not directly from the dev or a reputable previewer. I have never had a story spoiled for me and have played 100s of games.

4 hours ago, BrandedBerserk said:

and another is the clickers, do they have eyes now or something? They seem to catch me despite being awfully quiet at times but this could be because I’m on survival difficulty. 

First of all props to you for playing on survival. It makes the game so much better. Its way more intense and exciting when resources are scarce.

Clickers only can see you, when they start screetching. I think they "open" their faces, thus their eyes can actually see sth. for a short period. 

• Like 1

Yup,

Been avoiding everything like the plague. I have the game, just not able to start it yet.

All that i know is vauge details about why people are upset. The only *spoiler* one of my friends told me was to try and think of the game as a complege seperate entity from the first game so it doesnt hurt so bad when it sucks.

I'm still holding out hope for a good experience though. To everyone else that managed to avoid major spoilers, congrats, it was not easy.

me bruh i stayed off social media for two entire months, i only just now found out how jarring the reception from people is, happy to say it was worth it because i genuinely think my perception of the game would have been altered substantially

i walked away very satisfied, like i had just finished a really good tv series or movie saga

Edited by Grample_Gust