So, was anyone else able to avoid spoilers?

Easily.

I only ever watched half of the first trailer of its announcement, I am probably about two thirds through the game and love it.  I have done the same with Cyberpunk 2077, I will read news about it but that's it.  

I was semi vaguely on one thing, probably the most important thing too, but it only served to confirm what I already suspected was going to happen.  All because of a comment in a reddit link someone posted on another site that had the trophies in it.  Disappointing that it happened, but it didn't kill the game for me.

• Like 1

Never followed and watched the leaks, still avoiding spoilers until my copy ships out (which I probably won't get till July, ugh).

I hardly go on social and media sites like Twitter, Reddit and Youtube, and I don't go to any gaming forums except for this one. Props to the members who put spoiler warnings on thread titles, though! ?

Other than the big one in the start.. yes. I don't plan to post again until i beat the game,  I've deleted youtube app on my phone too till im done. Facebook etc. 

I don't want to know how it ends until i beat it. For all the negative comments from people this game is getting for some stuff,  so far... i don't think its justified. They are probably trolling.

So far im on chapter 31 and the game is easily a 10/10. This blows the 1st game out of the water by a mile, and EASILY tops the Uncharted series. 

I didn't even watch any trailers despite looking forward to this game for years.  I went in not even knowing any of the plot and I was blown away.  I don't understand why people got so upset pre-release, guess people are just looking for something to complain about these days.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, StuGunn5 said:

I didn't even watch any trailers despite looking forward to this game for years.  I went in not even knowing any of the plot and I was blown away.  I don't understand why people got so upset pre-release, guess people are just looking for something to complain about these days.

Very well said on both fronts in the future i will take your approach and not even watch trailers because they are spoilers in a way and on the other hand cancel culture and the movements always want to find something to complain about and be negative about instead of spreading positivity and then wonder why the wake up depressed every morning sheesh maybe they should look in the mirror and find that it is only themselves that they are holding back.Ps sorry if i got to deep.

On 21.6.2020 at 1:26 AM, Nitemares----- said:

I was able to avoid too, it's not that hard, just avoid social media updates with comments and don't be a real genius and look up spoilers. ? Nothing but a bunch of self entitled babies who do nothing but bash the game, if you don't like it, don't play it or just move on.

So if I paid 60€ for a game I shouldn't be able to complain about it when it sucks imo? Weird logic. You as a customer should be vocal if things are bad. Constructively of course. And not everyone out there disliking a game is an entitled baby. I don't get polemical shit like that. Some act like idiots, so you do it too?

Edited by Gommes_
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Gommes_ said:

So if I paid 60€ for a game I shouldn't be able to complain about it when it sucks imo? Weird logic. You as a customer should be vocal if things are bad. Constructively of course. And not everyone out there disliking a game is an entitled baby. I don't get polemical shit like that. Some act like idiots, so you do it too?

No the people that won't let it go, says the same stupid jokes about the game and complains nonstop on every thread on other social media platforms. OK you don't like it, we get it, move on. But tells how you are by taking my comment personal, there's always one. ? This coming from someone that hasn't even played it, go get offended somewhere else. 

Edited by Nitemares-----

1 minute ago, Nitemares----- said:

No the people that won't let it go, says the same stupid jokes about the game and complains nonstop on every thread on other social media platforms. OK you don't like it, we get it, move on. But tells how you are by taking my comment personal, there's always one. ?

You are doing it again. Putting out polemical crap. I wasn't even talking about this game nor my opionion but in general. I don't have a strong feeling about the Last of us. I even thought that part 1 was "just" good. I was talking about how the community deals with hate, dividing stuff, criticism and so on. And I think no one would take your comment personal, it's way too unfounded and childish.

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, Gommes_ said:

You are doing it again. Putting out polemical crap. I wasn't even talking about this game nor my opionion but in general. I don't have a strong feeling about the Last of us. I even thought that part 1 was "just" good. I was talking about how the community deals with hate, dividing stuff, criticism and so on. And I think no one would take your comment personal, it's way too unfounded and childish.

Polemical LMAO, but if you want to get technical with words, it seems you're being polemical right now towards me. But whatever you say buddy, not taking it personal and have to type up a paragraph talking nonsense. Yes people are idiots that do nothing but bitch about a video game online over and over again, these same ones spoiled it for themselves and refuse to play it, bunch of childish babies, those same people try to ruin it for others. So yes if you played all the way through it, instead of a few cutscenes, then you have an opinion, if not, nobody cares. Going back and forth doesn't solve a thing, we're done here. 

Edited by Nitemares-----

Yep, managed to plough through the game and finished earlier this afternoon, and fortunately absolutely everything was a surprise to me. Only saw a couple of trailers in order to go in as dark as possible and thankfully avoided all the spoilers doing the rounds for what, two months now? Very pleased I managed it!

• 2 weeks later...

I watched all the trailers and still played the game (mostly) spoiler free. It's such a bummer that some people were spoiled, especially about Joel. 

One minor spoiler I saw happened watching some Twitch streams of parts I had already played so I could enjoy peoples' reactions to certain scenes and some of the thumbnails on the streams were of Dina and Ellie and the baby. So I was partially spoiled that Dina has the baby but I could have sworn I saw Jesse in the thumbnail so what happens to him was still surprising. Plus I figured that them with the baby would be the END of the game and I was wrong about that. Which leads me to the other minor spoiler I saw....

The thread on this website titled "Why does every NG game end with a Fist Fight???" ..... so it was easy to assume it would be between Ellie and Abby. 

55 minutes ago, EPICRAGE said:

The thread on this website titled "Why does every NG game end with a Fist Fight???" ..... so it was easy to assume it would be between Ellie and Abby. 

This was the only thing that I got spoiled for. I also knew that people were mad for something, but people are always angry so I didn't spend too much time thinking about that.

Edited by Juzota

I was. I stayed off Twitter a about a week and a half before the game came out, and I only watched videos in my subscription box (never explored Home or videos in my recommended, because that's where the spoilers would lie). The only thing I did get spoiled on was that cringey sex scene.

Although I had to avoid spoilers for an additional eight days after release because I ordered the game used off eBay to avoid giving them my money, and maaaaaaaaaaan am I glad I did because this game is a dumpster fire. 

5 hours ago, Ranari_Kai said:

I was spoiled by the autocomplete function of google. I just googled the title and google thought I was searching for a major plot point from the leaks :( 

until then I was really successfull in not reading anything about the game.

That really sucks. Omg that could have easily happened to me too.

Avoided all spoilers. Knew people were upset about something, but it could have been anything, like maybe the gameplay had been completely changed or something. Never guessed that actual problem at all. I stayed off of message boards for a week before release until I finished. Never watched any trailers other than the first E3 trailer.

Edited by emailking

5 hours ago, Ranari_Kai said:

I was spoiled by the autocomplete function of google. I just googled the title and google thought I was searching for a major plot point from the leaks :( 

until then I was really successfull in not reading anything about the game.

Funnily enough I thought I had a massive spoiler from Google autocomplete when I searched for something unrelated on the day of release, but this particular search must have been from a fake leak as it didn't happen at all in the game.

Great game, and I'm glad I managed to avoid all the spoilers.