Death March DLC

Hi all. I’m playing The Witcher 3 for the first time(yep I’m that one guy who hasn’t played it before 2020) and I’m currently playing on Death March difficultly. I am wondering once I’ve finished the main game and unlocked both Death March trophies can I switch it down to easy without missing any trophies including both DLC packs?

Yes, you can ;-)

Difficulty-specific trophies only relate to the main game, not the DLC. Once you have unlocked them, feel free to lower the difficulty and enjoy both extensions, there’re just as good as the rest of the game, if not better...

Edited by Neef-GT5

2 hours ago, Neef-GT5 said:

Yes, you can ;-)

Difficulty-specific trophies only relate to the main game, not the DLC. Once you have unlocked them, feel free to lower the difficulty and enjoy both extensions, there’re just as good as the rest of the game, if not better...

Perfect. Thank you

If you start DLC first for 2 minutes, make a save, then quit to main menu and New Game > New Game+ > load game, you can start base game at level 34, 44 ability points, 20000g, tonnes of gear, potion diagrams.

You can begin DLC quests before reaching endgame if you wanted, I think you reach the DLC areas about halfway through.

The DLC provided some pretty great bonuses,  although leaving till endgame does allow you to drop the difficulty, the bad point is you don't realise get chance to utilise all those great bonuses you get plus the Gwent cards

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, Optinooby said:

If you start DLC first for 2 minutes, make a save, then quit to main menu and New Game > New Game+ > load game, you can start base game at level 34, 44 ability points, 20000g, tonnes of gear, potion diagrams.

This indeed works but I really advise people not to do so (at least for their first playthrough) as it would spoil the pleasure of progressing in this awesome masterpiece of a game... Do it legit, this game is worth your respect and efforts ?

• Like 3

48 minutes ago, Optinooby said:

You can begin DLC quests before reaching endgame if you wanted, I think you reach the DLC areas about halfway through.

The DLC provided some pretty great bonuses,  although leaving till endgame does allow you to drop the difficulty, the bad point is you don't realise get chance to utilise all those great bonuses you get plus the Gwent cards

I forgot to ask you the other day. Which DLC, Hearts of Stone or Blood and Wine?

You've been helping us trophy hunters for years, bro. Thank you!

tenor.gif

9 minutes ago, zizimonster said:

I forgot to ask you the other day. Which DLC, Hearts of Stone or Blood and Wine?

You've been helping us trophy hunters for years, bro. Thank you!

tenor.gif

Hey,

Blood and Wine, iirc, Hearts and Stone starts you at level 33, B & W at 34 so slightly better stats. 

If you want any other tips on build etc, just ask, I was going to list a lot, but im on my phone at the mo and will be a pain to write loads at once ;)!

Edited by Optinooby

1 hour ago, Optinooby said:

That's a good tip. I'll keep that in mind when I do start playing Witcher 3. 

19 hours ago, Optinooby said:

Hey,

Blood and Wine, iirc, Hearts and Stone starts you at level 33, B & W at 34 so slightly better stats. 

If you want any other tips on build etc, just ask, I was going to list a lot, but im on my phone at the mo and will be a pain to write loads at once ;)!

Cool.

Does this also work if I own the vanilla digital copy with DLCs installed?