Was Anyone Else Impressed By This Game?

Yeah, I was.

For a what I thought would be a budget B-game, I thought it looked great, and played very well.

I was particularly impressed by the sound design in the game - the voice acting was good (I played it in french with english subs, because, yo, it’s in France, and I’m that kind of douchebag ?) - but the actual sound design of the rats and the environment really stood out to me in particular.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

It's not as good as people say.
The story is cool but the gameplay is WAY to lacking.

The fact supposed to be a super tense survival horror game is completely lost when there's a checkpoint every 3 steps.
If they would have had a difficulty that lowered the frequency of checkpoints it would have been a lot better.

• Like 1

On 3/31/2021 at 7:23 PM, EndTheCancelCult said:

It's not as good as people say.
The story is cool but the gameplay is WAY to lacking.

The fact supposed to be a super tense survival horror game is completely lost when there's a checkpoint every 3 steps.
If they would have had a difficulty that lowered the frequency of checkpoints it would have been a lot better.

It's an indie game, what were you expecting?

7 hours ago, SuperSaiyan3985 said:

It's an indie game, what were you expecting?

You havent played many indie games if you think that's a valid counter argument. haha

Not that I consider this an indie. To me, an indie game is made by less than 20 people for very little money.
I consider this is a AA game.

Sememtics aside, they are tons of great AA and indie games.

I would say this game is good. Just not great. Now, if you want to be offended that I dont something enough to suit you, feel free.

On a side, a checkpoint system isnt a technological hurdle, no matter the budget.

Edited by EndTheCancelCult

• 2 months later...
On 13/07/2020 at 8:20 AM, LoveInHell said:

I liked the game but the story had so many gaps. There are a lot of unanswered questions such as:

Why wasn’t the daughter allowed to see her mother?

Why did the rats go around in circles with some bodies, not eating them?
There wasn’t a proper explanation about why the son “was the chosen one” when “its in the family’s blood”. > Why can’t anyone else control the rats or be immune or be not tasty to the rats when its in their blood?

There wasn’t enough explanation about the frescos in the mother’s laboratory to make a proper link with why all of this is happening.

It was nice but it could’ve been better. Going a bit sideways but Assassin’s Creed (the first 5 that I played) always did an excellent job with telling history. I wish it was the same in this game.

Other than that, I loved the visuals and the puzzles were nice too, not overly complicated.

1. They needed to keep the fact the boy had a curse a secret from everyone, the mother was tasked with treating hugo and trying to slow down the curse and the sister was stopped from seeing both the mother and the brother. Basically it's just to keep the amount of people who know about the curse to a minimum so word doesn't spread to the church (Which obviously failed anyway). You can see this when she says to the mother while they are trying to escape when he has an episode "What's wrong with him?" She has no idea her brother is cursed.

2. These are people that Hugo had seen during his life at home, maids or people who had at one point in time seen him, The rats never touched Hugo's Room because it was special to him and I'm guessing the people within the mansion that are untouched by rats are people who were nice to him at some point.

3. Although it's not explained what the "great break" is basically the entire family is cursed but some "event" called the "great break" caused it to awaken in Hugo. Simple enough even if it's in your blood but completely dormant I'm guessing that means it does nothing.

Edited by Collectible_Guru