pl0000pl

Save file bug

17 posts in this topic

Just putting a warning out there Ive seen a post online about people reporting that there save file has been corrupted, I don’t know what causes this issue but be warned

hopefully they patch this out quickly 

1 hour ago, pl0000pl said:

Just putting a warning out there Ive seen a post online about people reporting that there save file has been corrupted, I don’t know what causes this issue but be warned

hopefully they patch this out quickly 

They'll probably patch it in a Day 1 patch. I doubt they'll a bug like that in when it has been discovered.

19 minutes ago, BlackSabre500 said:

They'll probably patch it in a Day 1 patch. I doubt they'll a bug like that in when it has been discovered.

The 1.01 patch is already out and has been for a few days now but there will almost certainly be another update on the 23rd when the game officially releases.

Im really getting sick of people playing games before they release Unless you’re a reviewer.

You guys got me wrong, i didn’t mean you specifically but there is some people whom get to play the game way before release and i like sometimes to be on the leaderboard as first achievers but it’s impossible. 

3 hours ago, DoodgraverNL said:

Why? I pre-ordered the game. I got it early. Am I not allowed to play the game that I own?

3 hours ago, HuntingFever said:

This^

Blame the store, not the player. If I pre-order a game and it comes early, then what's the problem? Why should I be penalised because the store decided to break the release date embargo and ship my game out early?

Of course you can play it if you got it! But what would feel if all of your friends playing the game you want to play it so badly but you can’t because they got it earlier and you have to wait! 

it’s just better if everyone gets to start playing the game after a specific time.

24 minutes ago, MohandGamer7 said:

You guys got me wrong, i didn’t mean you specifically but there is some people whom get to play the game way before release and i like sometimes to be on the leaderboard as first achievers but it’s impossible. 

Of course you can play it if you got it! But what would feel if all of your friends playing the game you want to play it so badly but you can’t because they got it earlier and you have to wait! 

it’s just better if everyone gets to start playing the game after a specific time.

I've seen plenty of people on my friends list get games early for whatever reason over the years but I see it as a good thing since it gives me an opportunity for a heads up on any technical problems I need to be aware of when my copy arrives so I can avoid them. Long story short, I don't care, have never cared and will never care about other people getting games early.

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.

On 6/21/2020 at 2:16 PM, MohandGamer7 said:

They may play it first but you can still have a shot at fastest 100%.

Game blue screened on me and corrupted my save. Can no game be released working anymore? You can never buy a game on release anymore because every game needs patches and updates to work. What happened to play testing? Once again another game I have to wait for to be fixed. 

I had my file corrupted at the Goo Lagoon pier. I tried to jump to the golden spatula you’re meant to get from the bungee challenge. I ended up not being able to collect it and I fell into the water. When I reloaded I walked one step and the game crashed. Stupidly enough I tried to do it again to see if that’s actually what caused my crash. Sure enough it crashed again and my save file was corrupted when I restarted.

On 23. 06. 2020. at 5:26 PM, ACA5632 said:

I had my file corrupted at the Goo Lagoon pier. I tried to jump to the golden spatula you’re meant to get from the bungee challenge. I ended up not being able to collect it and I fell into the water. When I reloaded I walked one step and the game crashed. Stupidly enough I tried to do it again to see if that’s actually what caused my crash. Sure enough it crashed again and my save file was corrupted when I restarted.

Same spot for me. Done for now with the game

On 23-6-2020 at 5:26 PM, ACA5632 said:

The exact same thing happend to me! I couldn't figure out how to get, so i kept jumping lost 4 hours of playing. Thnx for pointing out you need to bungee jump. Going to do a fresh playtrough nothing else i can do. I think i will back up my save data after every level from now on. 

Unfortunately I have noticed that after 2 years from the last post this problem still exists. After playing for several hours I wanted to save the game before turning off the console but here's the surprise: a red error message with code 0001 tells me that it is impossible to save. I don't think I will continue this if I continue to have this problem.

On 4/7/2022 at 6:40 AM, Vernien said:

Unfortunately I have noticed that after 2 years from the last post this problem still exists. After playing for several hours I wanted to save the game before turning off the console but here's the surprise: a red error message with code 0001 tells me that it is impossible to save. I don't think I will continue this if I continue to have this problem.

Same exact thing just happened to me.  I beat the game before doing Kelp Forest and Flying Dutchman.  Last good save.  Went back and completed those last 2 stages and got the cannot save errror.  I can load before that but it still won't let me save.

I'm done with this game.