The Max is Super easy. Original PS3 version only.

MortalGH11

I know this game is old and most players moved on long ago, but you might be one of the players who abandoned the game simply because they couldn't pass The Max and have it at the back of their minds as a Platinum they never got.

I was searching in the forums here and I found many methods, but I'm a noob and none worked for me.
I eventually found the solution provided right here: https://www.playstationtrophies.org/forum/injustice-gods-among-us/196623-max-actually-isnt-so-bad.html
I didn't invent this method, but i will explain it further right here.

The trick is the Superman exploit, and I repeat. It's an EXPLOIT. It won't make you better at the game, but it will give you the trophy.
Take a clean unpatched copy of the Regular game, NOT Ultimate Edition. Go to The Max and select Superman.

In the original unpatched version, every time you jump, the enemy will jump as well in order to attack you mid-air. The trick is to jump and instantly perform mid-air Heat vision, plain or meter burned. Keep your opponent at a distance similar to the initial distance before the fight starts. You will find that exact distance while playing.
By the time you perform Heat vision, the opponent has just left the ground and will be powerless against it with no way to block it. However don't be late with the attack, because when the opponents reach top height during their jump, they will avoid it.
Sometimes they might block instead of jumping. In such case, Meter burn the attack and it will push them back. Save some meter for situations like these.
If they reach you, uppercut or clash them to get away.

With this method you can get an easy, satisfying victory against the most annoying projectile spammers such as Deathstroke, Joker, Harley, Green Lantern, Sinestro, etc.

Here's the difficulty of some characters to be aware of.
Extreme. If you see any single one of those don't bother starting the challenge.
Hawkgirl - She flies. Which beats the whole purpose of the exploit.
Green Arrow - I only fought him once, but he never jumped. Which beats the whole purpose of the exploit. Try fighting him. You might have better luck than me.
Doomsday - He can tackle you out of the air, and has his shield on top of that.
Flash - He can tackle you as well and then juggle you.

Very Hard. These fights are very difficult but not entirely impossible to beat. But I wouldn't blame you for wanting to avoid them all together.
Black Adam - He jumps too fast too high so you need to adjust your distance.
Aquaman - He meter burns his trident and knocks you down. Fought him only once in Watchtower and spammed drones as well. Maybe he isn't that difficult in other stages, I don't know. 
Ares - He goes invisible and teleports on you. Spams projectiles as well. He needs some practice, but can be beaten.

Annoying. They are easy, but you might need to learn a little about them from experience before beating them.
Green Lantern - Jump out of his grab's range. You can hit him while he is trying to grab you if you get the distance right.
Lex Luthor - He has his shield, but it brakes with one heat vision.
Cyborg - He occasionally blocks and runs on you more than other characters. Save your meter burn.
Batman - The only issue is his angled grapple. Other than that, he isn't that hard.

Edited by MortalGH11
  • Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Thanks for sharing your method. 

I'm on it and yesterday I gave it a first strike.

I beat 3 opponents with your method during my best run. It's cause I didn't pay attention to fighters I encountered. Next days, I ll try again while avoiding the opponents you said ?

• 1 month later...

I just finished The Max with the Superman exploit. 

Thank you so much for sharing this method.

Here are the opponents I faced during my successfull run : 

1. Aquaman

2. Solomon Grundy

3. Green Lantern

4. Nightwing

5. Lex Luthor

6. Shazam

7. Batman

8. Wonder woman

9. Catwoman

10. Cyborg

I just need the Impossible arcade mode now to get the platinum trophy ??

• 6 months later...
On 28.09.2020 at 7:04 PM, raphi_boss67 said:

I just finished The Max with the Superman exploit. 

Thank you so much for sharing this method.

Here are the opponents I faced during my successfull run : 

1. Aquaman

2. Solomon Grundy

3. Green Lantern

4. Nightwing

5. Lex Luthor

6. Shazam

7. Batman

8. Wonder woman

9. Catwoman

10. Cyborg

I just need the Impossible arcade mode now to get the platinum trophy 1f60e.png?

How you managed to do this glitch? No patch, vanilla version 1.0, ps3, and enemies just punish me every time, I can't kill even the first one

• 2 weeks later...
On 03/04/2021 at 4:59 PM, Anton_games337 said:

How you managed to do this glitch? No patch, vanilla version 1.0, ps3, and enemies just punish me every time, I can't kill even the first one

Do you face opponents who are doable to win against them with the exploit ?

20 minutes ago, Blazhead said:

Hi that work on psvita version too if is regular version not ultimate? 

It didn't work for 1.0 vanilla version on ps3, so I suggest you to master Solomon Grundy combo to feel confident. Do a list of characters that you can not beat and avoid playing The Max if you see them or play The Impossible if you see most of them in a roaster. Those glitches are not safe at all, one mistake and won't be able to finish but Solomon Grundy combos are extremely safe and not so hard to master. Good luck!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...