Lord of Shadows 2 to feature Victor Belmont from the cancelled Dreamcast Castlevania

http://www.siliconera.com/2013/08/21/belmont-from-canceled-dreamcast-castlevania-resurrected-for-castlevania-lords-of-shadow-2/

Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2, the final game in the Lords of Shadow series, will be available in North America on February 25. Konami will release the game in Europe on February 27.     The game continues the story of Gabriel Belmont, better known now as Dracula. The Belmont hunting Dracula is a neat surprise for fans. Victor Belmont has technically never been in a Castlevania game because he was the protagonist in Castlevania Resurrection, which Konami canceled. So, when he says he’s the last surviving Belmont that’s true as well.       
 While the trailer from Gamescom mostly shows the castle, most of Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 takes place in the city. "The game takes place mostly in the city. We only showed mostly castle stuff because we’re not ready to show the city. The game takes place in one night, it’s a night when Satan comes back to the Earth. A night of chaos, a night of the apocalypse," Cox said to Siliconera.

It's pretty cool that they still acknowledge its existence.

I read in the comments that Sonia Belmont is retconned due to Legends itself being retconned due to 'being a vast disappointment'.  Does anyone know if that's true? Would have been awesome to have her instead of Victor...

Edited by Sonic

Maybe once the lords of shadow franchise finishes and konami reboot the series again?

Maybe and I hope its in 2D, Vania's something that just doesn't feel like Vania in 3D :/

The game's looking great though, but I bet it'll just leave me with the sensation to play Symphony or Super IV again.

Edited by Ramonalicious

I love castlevania in either 3D or 2D form - i loved the PS2 games thought they were unnecessarily given low scores, the N64 games werent too bad just crap controls, 

I think the lords of shadow formula is fantastic for the series, i would love to see them carry it on, maybe like how batman arkham origins is continuing with a new studio - maybe they should do the same with this as mercury steam have had enough?

Either way it would be a shame if they just forget about castlevania 3D after this game.

• 1 month later...

Just a heads up on the UK Castlevania lords of shadow 2 special editions, release date 28th February 2014:

GAME - Dracula's tomb edition £99.99

clos2PE.jpg

The Dracula's Tomb 'Premium' Edition includes:

• A copy of Castlevania Lords of Shadow 2
  • The exclusive Steelbook
  • 100 page hardback artbook
  • 4 miniature figurines (approx 10cm high) consisting of Dracula, Zokek, Victor Belmont and The Lieutenant

Also includes Pre-order bonus costume

widget_CastlevaniaLordsofShadows2.jpg

http://www.game.co.uk/en/castlevania-lords-of-shadow-2-draculas-tomb-premium-edition-only-at-game-261789

Zavvi - Exclusive steelbook edition £34.98

10617503-1383302061-678774.jpg                10617503-1383302061-678787.jpg

Also includes Relic rune pack:

Relic Rune Pack – Gives you access to most of the game’s relics once you find your first drop. These each have a different effect, some enhance your skills, some enhance your abilities, while others have a more mysterious and surprising effect! Using the exclusive transmutation rune offered in this pack, players who pre order can change relics at will allowing them to always have the best one for any given situation. Essential!

DLC.jpg

http://www.zavvi.com/games/platforms/ps3/castlevania-lords-of-shadow-2-zavvi-uk-exclusive-limited-edition-steelbook/10617503.html

For GAME Use code 10SVPS3 for £10 off, not sure when this code expires? It does work on this item  :awesome: