About the Globetrotter trophy

xDerErnst

38 minutes ago, McDermottx94 said:

You're both wrong. Please read the actual post that marked it as fixed. They have marked it as such to increase the visibility.

To increase the attention that the thread gets they've marked it as "solved", a word implying that the issue is fixed and the thread is of no further relevance thus lowering the chance of people posting in there and drawing attention to it as well as reducing the chance of other community managers going in there and forwarding on the issue. Ok. 

Edited by Potent_Delusions
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Potent_Delusions said:

To increase the attention that the thread gets they've marked it as "solved", a word implying that the issue is fixed and the thread is of no further relevance thus lowering the chance of people posting in there and drawing attention to it as well as reducing the chance of other community managers going in there and forwarding on the issue. Ok. 

I mean... possible. But we shouldn't just assume that is the case. If the next patch for BFV doesn't fix it, we'll just do the same again and continue to bring it up. There is no way they can get away with this.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, McDermottx94 said:

I mean... possible. But we shouldn't just assume that is the case. If the next patch for BFV doesn't fix it, we'll just do the same again and continue to bring it up. There is no way they can get away with this.

Are you actually mad? Of course they can get away with it after all this is EA and they are known for this type of shit among other companys that like sweeping this stuff under the rug. I will be shocked if they actually care enough for a dead Battlefield game that pretty much flopped when they said all support has ended that they fix this. While were at it why dont we try get them to fix Bfbc1 lol.

• Like 4

I mean don't get me wrong, if someone put a gun to my head and asked me to bet all my worldly possessions on whether it'll be fixed or not, I would go with fixed, but it's by no means a given. The game was a flop since day 1, it's had more trophy glitches than I've had hot dinners (it's rather comical and indeed fitting that the purported "last ever patch" made a trophy unobtainable, it seems to be what most of the patches did to be honest. They have said themselves that the game is basically no longer getting updates.

The only thing you have on your side is that it's the newest and current Battlefield game. I have however filed a complaint for you guys despite already having the platinum as I too would be very upset if this affected me. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, The_Retro_Maniac said:

Are you actually mad? Of course they can get away with it after all this is EA and they are known for this type of shit among other companys that like sweeping this stuff under the rug. I will be shocked if they actually care enough for a dead Battlefield game that pretty much flopped when they said all support has ended that they fix this. While were at it why dont we try get them to fix Bfbc1 lol.

Zero point in being cynical about this. We have to keep on the train of "yes" and not "never".

• Like 1

Without respect (to the gamers & trophy hunters of the world), we reject (any future titles/new game releases). All they have to do is release a statement. State course of action to fix it and a timetable of when such a fix/patch will be made. That would take them 15-20 minutes to write up and post and show they care about the community. Any intern could do it. Any developer could do it. I'd like to know the name of the guy who thought switching the UK vs Germany to the US vs Germany on the Twisted Steel map was a good idea when they didn't test it properly and see the negative impacts to the trophies. They could have chose any DLC map but of course they chose a launch map.  If I botched something like this at my workplace, I would either be fired or forced to fix it immediately and apologize to everyone. Who is this person? Do they still have a job? Pull them off of whatever project they are on currently and force them to fix it. Without respect, we reject!!!!

On 22.7.2020 at 4:05 PM, trojbrown40 said:

Without respect (to the gamers & trophy hunters of the world), we reject (any future titles/new game releases). All they have to do is release a statement. State course of action to fix it and a timetable of when such a fix/patch will be made. That would take them 15-20 minutes to write up and post and show they care about the community. Any intern could do it. Any developer could do it. I'd like to know the name of the guy who thought switching the UK vs Germany to the US vs Germany on the Twisted Steel map was a good idea when they didn't test it properly and see the negative impacts to the trophies. They could have chose any DLC map but of course they chose a launch map.  If I botched something like this at my workplace, I would either be fired or forced to fix it immediately and apologize to everyone. Who is this person? Do they still have a job? Pull them off of whatever project they are on currently and force them to fix it. Without respect, we reject!!!!

Isn't this a bit overdramatic? I mean in the end it's just a game. But I can understand the frustration.

1 hour ago, xDerErnst said:

Isn't this a bit overdramatic? I mean in the end it's just a game. But I can understand the frustration.

I wouldn't fire the person involved but they shouldn't be able to make mistakes like this on a constant basis. I won't be buying BF6 if they can't bring themselves to fix something so simple. The next big (and quite possibly last!) update for BFV will be telling of their concern.

On 24/07/2020 at 11:32 AM, McDermottx94 said:

I wouldn't fire the person involved but they shouldn't be able to make mistakes like this on a constant basis. I won't be buying BF6 if they can't bring themselves to fix something so simple. The next big (and quite possibly last!) update for BFV will be telling of their concern.

Hi. Did you get any feedback from the EA team?

3 hours ago, S4BiONi_BR said:

Hi. Did you get any feedback from the EA team?

This was their response on Wednesday, July 22nd. And by the way, I never said they should be fired. I said, I would be fired if I botched something like this at my workplace. I also will not buy their next title whether that is a Battlefield 6, Star Wars Battlefront 3, Star Wars Squadrons, etc...

Hi everyone. 

This is only marked as solved for visibility into the previous post. The issue is still under investigation, and we are not considering it fixed. 

I understand this has been a really frustrating issue, and the Battlefield team is still working to get it sorted out. I'm sorry I don't have any additional updates to share at the moment, but the issue hasn't been forgotten. 

That said, I ask that you please stay respectful here on Answers HQ. There's no need to go after anyone, be it the developers or other people posting here on Answers HQ. I'll have to lock the thread otherwise. 

Thanks everyone for you patience on this. 

/Kent

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

I was going to start this game soon but this thread changed my mind...

So, you guys can confirm that if you start the game right now, you are unable to obtain the Globetrotter trophy?

I'm a fan of the Battlefield games so it would be a shame not to have this relatively easy platinum.

• 2 weeks later...

Surprised nobody posted it, but it looks like the trophies have been finally patched out:
https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Bf5-trophies-glitched-bugged/m-p/7898519/highlight/true#M15150

Edit:  Woops, haven't realized that Globetrotter wasn't on that list, so alas, might still be glitched

Edited by Sydoki

12 minutes ago, Sydoki said:

Surprised nobody posted it, but it looks like the trophies have been finally patched out:
https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Bf5-trophies-glitched-bugged/m-p/7898519/highlight/true#M15150

You sure on that?  Took a quick peek and see them referencing other trophies being fixed but did not see anything on Globetrotter.

I'm about to boot up BFV and try complete the map and see what happens. I really hope this is it.

EDIT #1: The map based trophy will require you to play another round on each of the maps again as the bug seems to be stat related which has been reset on their end. I'll try knock it out ASAP and update.

Edited by McDermottx94
Additional Information.

1 hour ago, djb5f said:

You sure on that?  Took a quick peek and see them referencing other trophies being fixed but did not see anything on Globetrotter.

Yeah just saw that, my bad ?

1 hour ago, McDermottx94 said:

I'm about to boot up BFV and try complete the map and see what happens. I really hope this is it.

EDIT #1: The map based trophy will require you to play another round on each of the maps again as the bug seems to be stat related which has been reset on their end. I'll try knock it out ASAP and update.

Please do! Best of luck and fingers crossed!

2 more maps left to do. I'm nearly there... maybe.

EDIT #1: The trophy is still bugged. I completed all 8 of the launch maps via conquest and nothing unlocked. I guess they're just gonna leave the game as unobtainable in terms of the platinum.

#BoycottBF6

Edited by McDermottx94
Conclusion
  • Like 1

On ‎23‎.‎08‎.‎2020 at 7:23 AM, Gewehr_FR said:

I'm a fan of the Battlefield games so it would be a shame not to have this relatively easy platinum.

No, you are not a Fan of the Battlefield Games. Otherwise you would have played a Battlefield 2 years after its release.

8 hours ago, McDermottx94 said:

#BoycottBF6

You boycott it anyway like you did boycott BF V already, the Playes who buy a BF Game very cheap in a Sale are not important for Dice.

It's sad that there are bugged Trophies and I hope they will be fixed (I don't think they will be fixed), but that's DICE and that's the reason you buy DICE Games at Release if you are a Trophy Hunter.

Edited by Sikutai