10/10 (no spoilers)

Valkirye22

Just rolled the credits - at long last. Cried when I heard Troy Baker singing.

If the first Last of Us is considered a masterpiece, does that mean TLOU2 is as well? No. It is Neil Druckmann's magnum opus. It is the definition of the phrase.
It is hands down the best game I have ever played.

Don't care too much about trophy hunting nowadays. Getting too old for that shit. I'll make a special exception for this game.

The Last of Us Part III is now my most wanted game. BRING IT ON, NEIL! Milk this cow dry. I'll keep coming back for more.

I'll take a shot in the dark, and assume the "plot holes" are the revenge story unfulfilled. People are undoubtedly irate because Ellie chose not to deliver the kill shot to Abby. But to those that are so upset about this "plot hole" (it isn't actually a plot hole, it shows that Ellie has finally grown up; but we can discuss that at a later time), what would Ellie killing Abby achieve? How would it make Joel's fucking ghost proud that his girl took out his killer? You really think ghost Joel gives a fuck? Joel knows what he did, even if he didn't fully understand how he wronged Abby. Anybody that experienced the story knows in full that Joel regretted the choice he made, and he absolutely got what he deserved. Putting your own personal bias and getting outraged because he died is childish. 

So, what? Does that mean I hate Joel? Am I glad he's dead? Not at all! He's among my favourite male characters of all time. AND YET, I am able to put personal bias aside, and not let that anger dictate how I was going to feel about this story. I really, really, really, really, REALLY wish that everybody giving this game a zero or a one out of ten would be able to say the same thing. But no. It's the same drivel. BAD WRITING. BAD ENDING. MUSCLE MAN ABBY LOLOLOL. GOLF CLUB JOEL HAHAHAH!!! EXPECTATIONS SUBVERTED FUCK YOU NAUGHTY DOG YOU COWARDS!

I would love to hear actual valid criticism that isn't basked in childish drivel. And in case you skimmed this post; no, "I didn't like the story because Neil Cuckmann killed my Joel" isn't valid criticism. Apply yourself and really prove your hatred of the game is valid. I'm open ears. Convince me that I'm a freak fanboy.

Oh, right. Plot hole number two; Ellie choosing her vengeance before her family. That's a plot hole? Please, elaborate further because clearly I am missing how they could be considered plot holes and not just choices you didn't like.

I think it's quite clear through the events of the story that Ellie suffers from PTSD. Perhaps she's even a bit deranged due to the trauma that she has suffered. I don't think it's reaching to consider the notion that in that moment of weakness, she decided to do something to try to get rid of all the horrible memories; in the only way she knew how to. 

So again, please explain with compelling reasons, how that is a plot hole.

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Valyrious said:

If the first Last of Us is considered a masterpiece, does that mean TLOU2 is as well? No. It is Neil Druckmann's magnum opus. It is the definition of the phrase.

Don't care too much about trophy hunting nowadays. Getting too old for that shit. I'll make a special exception for this game.

The Last of Us Part III is now my most wanted game. BRING IT ON, NEIL! Milk this cow dry. I'll keep coming back for more.

I'll take a shot in the dark, and assume the "plot holes" are the revenge story unfulfilled. People are undoubtedly irate because Ellie chose not to deliver the kill shot to Abby. But to those that are so upset about this "plot hole" (it isn't actually a plot hole, it shows that Ellie has finally grown up; but we can discuss that at a later time), what would Ellie killing Abby achieve? How would it make Joel's fucking ghost proud that his girl took out his killer? You really think ghost Joel gives a fuck? Joel knows what he did, even if he didn't fully understand how he wronged Abby. Anybody that experienced the story knows in full that Joel regretted the choice he made, and he absolutely got what he deserved. Putting your own personal bias and getting outraged because he died is childish. 

So, what? Does that mean I hate Joel? Am I glad he's dead? Not at all! He's among my favourite male characters of all time. AND YET, I am able to put personal bias aside, and not let that anger dictate how I was going to feel about this story. I really, really, really, really, REALLY wish that everybody giving this game a zero or a one out of ten would be able to say the same thing. But no. It's the same drivel. BAD WRITING. BAD ENDING. MUSCLE MAN ABBY LOLOLOL. GOLF CLUB JOEL HAHAHAH!!! EXPECTATIONS SUBVERTED FUCK YOU NAUGHTY DOG YOU COWARDS!

I would love to hear actual valid criticism that isn't basked in childish drivel. And in case you skimmed this post; no, "I didn't like the story because Neil Cuckmann killed my Joel" isn't valid criticism. Apply yourself and really prove your hatred of the game is valid. I'm open ears. Convince me that I'm a freak fanboy.

Oh, right. Plot hole number two; Ellie choosing her vengeance before her family. That's a plot hole? Please, elaborate further because clearly I am missing how they could be considered plot holes and not just choices you didn't like.

I think it's quite clear through the events of the story that Ellie suffers from PTSD. Perhaps she's even a bit deranged due to the trauma that she has suffered. I don't think it's reaching to consider the notion that in that moment of weakness, she decided to do something to try to get rid of all the horrible memories; in the only way she knew how to. 

I think that people is finally starting yo get the revenge part... Abby stopped her revenge (when Lev made her realize about it) and spared Ellie/Dina/Tommy and as reward she was saved from the pillars by one of them.... Ellie didn't stopped her revenge (when Dina made her realize about it) and lost everything... In the end spared Abby so something changed for the future but maybe we will never knew that... The writers made a parallel between the two women situations and how different answers led to different fates....

The plotholes are basically how badass Joel didn't activate his spider sense to smell the trap he fall into in the middle of all that rushing from the horde and how he couldn't dispose of 4-5 trained (without counting the medics) young people filled by hate against him...

4 hours ago, DeepEyes7 said:

I think that people is finally starting yo get the revenge part... Abby stopped her revenge (when Lev made her realize about it) and spared Ellie/Dina/Tommy and as reward she was saved from the pillars by one of them.... Ellie didn't stopped her revenge (when Dina made her realize about it) and lost everything... In the end spared Abby so something changed for the future but maybe we will never knew that... The writers made a parallel between the two women situations and how different answers led to different fates....

The plotholes are basically how badass Joel didn't activate his spider sense to smell the trap he fall into in the middle of all that rushing from the horde and how he couldn't dispose of 4-5 trained (without counting the medics) young people filled by hate against him...

That isn't a plot hole though. Not even remotely close.

People that didn't like the game; this video is for you. Though there are some things I don't agree with, mostly his take on gameplay and his impression of Abby's story, he does an EXCELLENT job of explaining things. And his alternate storyline of TLOU1/TLOU2 is absolutely hilarious.

Though, I know some people won't click, or will immediately down vote the video, simply because of the title.

I honestly kept thinking for half the game that Ellie would end up somehow with Abby in the new Fireflies facility, and “redeems” herself by trying the vaccine again.

The ending was.. well, predictable.  And the last trip to Santa Barbara was just too forced, I mean, Ellie almost give up on the 3rd day and was questioning herself, and now wants to do a months trip by herself, with a mere lead? I wasnt buying into it, so it was underwhelming for me. It definitely didnt impact me as much as the first game ending.

I enjoyed the game overall, and the gameplay is great, I just think the story is far better and consistent in the first game. I bought and enjoyed half the game’s story, I mean, Joel getting what he “deserved” was a too real possibility.

I even enjoyed Abby’s side too, though I think is totally anticlimax to cut in the middle of the story and present Abby’s story from the beginning just so the player can emphasize with both.. I kinda get what they tried there but honestly it was too risky and its one of the reasons why the story can be a mess for some people and definitely do not click as much. And, that’s what happened, they tried to “rush” it, and 3 chapters its not enough to emphasize with a character that, from the beginning, looks like a complete douche.

11 hours ago, Valyrious said:

Glad you enjoyed it so much! Not quite sure I'd give it a 10/10 myself because I have a few issues but that's to do with pacing and some of the side characters being a bit too one-dimensional for the roles they're meant to be filling in the story, at least in my view, but otherwise I thought it was fantastic, no egregious plot holes or narrative choices that made me dislike it. I wanted to start up a new playthrough immediately after the credits rolled so that's always a good sign too!

Edited by Lan Stee
  • Like 2