How bad is the DLC for completionists?

adverse_event

Days Gone is on the edge of me wanting to play and every time I see it on sale I think about it but all I can think about is how bad everyone says the DLC trophies are.  Will these trophies drive me mad?  There are just so many games to play these days, I'd prefer to avoid one that might be more of a frustration than a challenge.

Edited by adverse_event
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, adverse_event said:

Days Gone is on the edge of me wanting to play and every time I see it on sale I think about it but all I can think about is how bad everyone says the DLC trophies are.  I know many players will just ignore them but I will stick with a game beyond the point of having fun.  Will these trophies drive me mad?  As bad as the Uncharted 4 DLC?

The New Game+ & Survival Mode is not bad, because it is preferable to fuse these two within NG+ Survival II playthrough. The Challenges DLC, on the other hand, is bad and hard, because it requires skills. The latter will definitely drive you mad, but practice is the counter-drug to it.

Edited by BadRep24

NG+ and Survival II are a breeze with everything upgraded and shouldn't take too long if you skip cutscenes. Challenge mode can be tough at times, but it's fair for the most part. There are some great video guides available that can make these challenges a lot easier than they may initially seem. I was frustrated with one of the bike challenges, but it wasn't so bad as to affect my enjoyment of the game.

• Like 2

The challenges are hard but if you have the will to beat them you can do it. I'd recommend to first play it without thinking or watching videos for the challenges. Get the platinum and then start with them but don't start them chronologically. Hog Wild and Dead Don't Ride are good starting challenges because they don't need rings and patches for the gold.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I did them everyday they came out for the challenges and some can take a few tries to get down but if you just practise you’ll eventually get it as you get patches and unlock better rings. 

I did a video for the second challenge when it came out because people were finding it hard, I would give the challenges a 5/10 but some people will say they’re an 8/10. 

On 27/06/2020 at 2:15 AM, Patrickosan said:

I did every challenge by the order and went for the gold in all of them first. I wasn't doing the "first all bronze" method. You can easily do them one by one. To be honest, the hardest ones were the first ones and the last ones are easy as hell. Also there was one bike ride that was pretty frustrating for me, but all the rest was also very enjoyable. And the one with Crazy Taxi parody is probably the best of all of them. 

I loved the crazy taxi parody challenge, was one of the funniest challenges I did, even though I golded it first try it was fun. 

After playing through the game twice for plat and survivor , i was so bored and annoyed i stopped gaming for 4 months, and only spelunky revived my gaming interest.  Its a really boring game except for the hordes.  Once was a slog. Twice was intolerable.  And then the challenges.  Maybe in a year or 2 i ll take a look.  I would never buy this game knowing what i know now.  So many better games out there.

• Like 2

The games is a must have for me if you like the genre and zombies, base trophies are your typical open world game trophies nothing to hard just time consuming. So at least I will recomend you try it other account if you are one of those who want perfects backlog.

On the other hand I think that if you like to 100% all games the dlc ones aren't impossible and I'm sure you can make it. Just patience and practice nothing more

• Like 1

Idiots who decided to implement challenges to this game should be fired ASAP, it's not 2010 to add such thing, same with Dishonored, great game, but of course they added shitty challenges. I've managed to earn gold in 5 of them today, but now I need to rest...

Edited by Cerber108
  • Like 4

On 10/08/2020 at 10:54 PM, Cerber108 said:

Idiots who decided to implement challenges to this game should be fired ASAP, it's not 2010 to add such thing, same with Dishonored, great game, but of course they added shitty challenges. I've managed to earn gold in 5 of them today, but now I need to rest...

Reminded me of the Dishonored DLC too.

It's a real shame. I just platinumed the game, and then discovered how difficult the challenges are. It would have been great if you just needed to obtain bronze scores for the trophies.

Collecting trophies in the main campaign was so fun because I didn't need to resort to looking up a guide. It had a nice menu for tracking, and it was very forgiving (you only needed 75% of the collectibles).

I don't want to waste hours replaying levels, memorising everything, watching youtube guides etc. It's fine if some people do, but it's a very smaller percentage of gamers. Knowing I won't get 100% of the trophies is really disappointing. Puts me off doing new game plus and survivor mode.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, mikem192 said:

Challenges are fun as hell. I personally gave up on one of the bike ones (I’m shit at driving games)

but 90% of the trophies are reallllly easy for the challenge DLC 

There’s a few tips that made the bike challenges easier for me. Basically, holding down accelerate (R2) the whole time, and tapping circle a lot to slow down. And swapping shoot from R1 to L1, making it easier to keep a grip on R2. 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Like the others says, the challenges are the only part hard, but with patience and practice is posible, I do all of them in one dedicated day, youtube videos help if you have trouble in some of the challenges.

One thing that I noted is that sometimes the key for some challenge is something that you dont think at start, for example in one of the stealth challenge that is at night (dont remember the name) i was having trouble until I start using residue bolt in some enemies to use them to clean more enemies (funny thing until then I believed that the residue bolts only works on freakers), after that I got the gold even when I still have like 3 or 4 enemies to kill or in Hog wild I was trying to do everything really fast until I notice that the timer only go down if you let go of the R2, but you can use the hand brake without let go and take your time to kill enemies or take a corner carfully.

Hey guys, how hard are the challenges now with the latest version (1.61)? I've seen a lot of comments suggesting to watch MrRegin video guides but apparently a lot of the tricks he used are now patched which is why I'm asking if it's frustrating without those tricks or it's doable with practice?
I honestly get frustrated easily especially if the reason for the failure is not me but some rng or a glitch/bug, that's why I tend to play games with hard trophies from time to time.

I bought this game back in December 2019 for 20$ and haven't started it yet, mainly because of what people were saying about the game but 20$ was a steal so I went for it, later I found out about these challenges and thought I'd play it later, now almost 10months later I still haven't.

It is still possible.

You will probably have few moments that will almost make you throw controller at the wall but it is possible to do all the challenges.

The Bike ones are worst and will take the most time to get prefect route.

I think It took me like 4-5 days to get all challenges to gold and all sub challnges from 11/12 challenges to gold.

Screenshot-2020-09-20-Han-PL-s-Days-Gone

I tweaked a bit the last challenge with bike (Rush to wild willie or something it does sound diffrent in my language ) but was able to get Gold 121k so if anyone would need help with that challenge let me know if can send YT link.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

To anybody else mulling over whether or not to play this game because the challenges look too daunting and potentially preventing them from 100%, I say, they aren't as bad as they look.

I will reach and say you don't even need patches and rings to complete some of them, but of course they make it a whole lot easier. Some challenges can be "golded" in 5-4 attempts using trial and error alone, but for the harder challenges, typically the motorbike ones, you will need to watch a few videos to figure out the best ways to get gold. I say this not to gloat, but because I am pretty useless when it comes to the bike controls on top of my finger dexterity and peripheral vision being past their prime, but still, I managed to complete them.

This is a great game, and I know some people are put off playing great games because of the trophy list (i.e. Multiplayer), I'm guilty of that too, but these challenges aren't impossible, they just require a lot of attention and moments of "being in the zone". You'll get frustrated for sure, but it just makes getting gold that much better!

I was half dreading these challenges when I looked at them at first glance then found a youtube guide maker his name was "mr reign" he did a fantastic job on creating guides for every one of these challenges. If I put actual time and effort into these I would have had them done in about 2 days maybe 3 days at most but for some reason I dragged it out and did one challenge every day maybe 2 because they were the last few trophies and I guess I was maybe burnt out after racing through the game in a week's time lol they're significantly easier than they look.

• 4 weeks later...

Are any of the DLC trophies easy enough that a couple can be knocked out in an hour or two?

I don't think I care enough about the game (plus have other stuff to play) to commit a tonne of time to 100% it, but I care enough about my completion % that it'd be nice to get it a bit higher than 70% for this game if there's some easy ones lol.

Edited by EIdain