How to do lockdown corner

riku1274

• 1 month later...

only use one controller 

Step 1 (optional): go into skills trainer and go to advanced coverage, there will be a press coverage drill you can use to practice doing presses in

Step 2: set up a game with long quarters (15 minutes recommended, use a team with a good corner or 2, i used the 49ers vs the bills 

Step 3, do press plays, go to man coverage in play type when on defense and only do plays that end in press.

Step 4: be patient, i believe it takes doing 3 in a row but it is very finicky so expect it to take around 10 tries

• 3 weeks later...

This trophy is so easy it's insane.  All you really have to do is pick a play that says Press at the end of it.  Make note of which play and which formation you picked because you will pick the exact same play over and over until the trophy pops.  Once you are into the play quickly hit O on the controller until one of the Cornerbacks is highlighted.  Again make note of which cornerback because you are going to hit O until you control him on every play until the trophy pops.  Now, you will notice a circle above him that says Press.  In order to press, as soon as the ball is snapped step or move the right analog stick to step in front of the offensive player that is in front of you.  If you did it right it kind of blocks him at the line and a check mark will appear over your head that you did the move correctly.

You have the whole game to get this done 3 times.  I did it the 1st three plays and I haven't played a madden game in 15 years so trust me when I say it is easy.  People think you have to step in front of a pass and block the pass.  This is not the case.  

Edited by steel6burgh
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, William_Trigos said:

Sorry, but I have never played American football, and as much as I try to do what you tell me, it doesn't work. I am doing something wrong and I don't know how to change it.
But thanks for the tips

An easier way to explain it is just pick a play ending with press and when the qb snaps the ball (when the play starts) hold your left trigger down and run into the receiver and make sure there's a check mark

16 hours ago, JEDI_BROTHERS said:

An easier way to explain it is just pick a play ending with press and when the qb snaps the ball (when the play starts) hold your left trigger down and run into the receiver and make sure there's a check mark

In the end I got it, thanks everyone for the advice
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

Just to clarify if anyone is still struggling with this. On D go to Concepts > Cover 1 > Cover 1 Robber Press (or any play that ends in press) from the menu to call your play

before the play use ⭕️ & left stick to get control of one of your corners. then hold down R2 to pull the camera out & keep holding it so you can see your player. At the snap press the right stick in the direction of the WR, you should see a green check mark above your player if you do it correctly. The IMPORTANT part Is your CB needs to engage/struggle with the WR for it to count. If the WR blows by you you can still get the check mark but that’s not what it’s looking for & doesn’t count towards the trophy 

• 2 weeks later...

SOLUTION, SOLUTION, SOLUTION!!!!!

I fought with this for about an hour following guides and googling stuff with ZERO luck. I found a forum on another site and it worked INSTANTLY!

DO NOT SELECT A PRESS COVERAGE!!!!

The trick to this is to select Cover 1 but not a press coverage. I selected "Cover 1 Contain", when the play starts do the normal adjustment to press (triangle or Y and then "down").

when the play starts flip the R stick down to lock down the receiver, do this 3 times and it will pop with no problem.

I believe what EA wants from a user is a MANUAL press and not a Press play.

• Like 3