VTuber Megathread

Ryudi1998

30 minutes ago, Slava said:

I've noticed that too 1f601.png. I saw a part of the latest Chadcast episode, and her co-hosts always catch her do that. Although, sometimes Irys pronounces stuff correctly, and Calli and Bae discover that there are alternative pronunciations that are equally suitable.

She also doesn't know a lot of well-know things and asks about them, and she haven't seen some of the most popular movies. I love when she asks stuff like "What's Coachella?" 

That's funny. Makes me think she had a sheltered upbringing or something. ?

33 minutes ago, Slava said:

It was a mini-contest between Kiara and Ina. Ina's drawing is on the right. And you can see the scoreboard on the bottom left.

Chat really loved Kiara's emo Fauna 1f601.png. But my favourites were Ina's outfits for Mumei, Sana, and Irys. Feel kinda inspired to draw Mumei now. Or Mumei with Sana.

Ah okay, that makes sense. And yeah, Emo Fauna was pretty hot. ? Reminds me of this fan art that Fauna said is incredibly accurate to how she dressed in middle school.

K4BPPHM.jpg

Would be cool to see you draw Mumei, or any of the Hololive girls really. ?

46 minutes ago, Slava said:

Or the carpet that burned 500 times

Haha, yeah, they need some fire safety training. ?

• Like 3

Kronii has recovered, Gura is back. EN is alive, and their recent streams have been great.

Bae, Calli, and Mumei were all in VC together while streaming their own stuff. The story about Mumei sending Tarzan yell memes was my favourite part. I want to check out that channel she talked about. 

There's a lot of Minecraft recently, too. Ina's stream was great. Just 20 minutes of flerts with Mumei with the best punchline from her. Then she discovered the fanfics in the bunker. 

Then the big collab with 5 members just messing around, also very fun. Mumei's meme stories continued. I was also dying when it turned out that Kronii didn't know how to enter her house just as everyone else. She also had a MC stream the next day, haven't seen it yet.

Ina had another drawing stream, always love those. She drew Kronii as a maid for the Maid Day. Didn't know that was a thing. Thanks, Japan. Anyway, amazing art.

A couple of other things worth mentioning. YouTube is being garbage again. They have AI algorithms for chat, but they can't sort out the bots. What's even worse, reporting them somehow results in the steamer's channel ban. Absolute nonsense. A few channels got nuked, including Hololive's Kobo. It's back now, but the Holo members have to turn chat to the sub mode from now on, and the messages are no longer being shown on their screen, from what I've seen.

Just another YouTube blunder after chat shadow bans, subscriber deletion, incorrect viewer numbers, and other stuff I've forgotten about. 

Lastly, Fauna's first original is releasing tomorrow. Looking forward to it.

• Like 3

Quite a lot of stuff for this week. Ame played more Elden Ring and for the outro in that particular stream she used one of the trumpet weapons to make it look like she was playing the outro music ? She also played Mario Galaxy 2 twice (Stream 1) (Stream 2) and as expected she raged a fair amount although I guess to be fair I feel like it's because the Wii remote can be kind of awkward when it comes to certain movements. You can kind of see it in the following clip because she uses her 3D model for a handcam.

She also played more Mafia even if not for very long since a couple hours later she did a collab with Gura where they played a VR game where they both violently terrorized people at bars and other clubs. After playing though they both used their 3D models to make poses ? Here's a Tweet from one of them. It was nice to see though even if it wasn't very long since it feels like a long time since her and Gura actually did a collab together. Second to last today her, Fauna, Calli, and Sana did a Collab playing Ultimate Chicken Horse and as of writing this she was playing more Elden Ring.

Fauna played more Black Flag and I think she's further than where I left off when playing it but I'm not sure. She at least likes the shanties and tries to collect them when she can. ? She also played the Nintendo Switch Sports game which she later did with viewers. The day after she did a Desserts Tier List and I'm kind of disappointed that she put Pecan Pie in the D-tier since I feel like it's a great dessert especially on Thanksgiving and when you have it with some sweet tea ? But it looks like her original song drops tomorrow so I'm sure that will be good.

Outside of the Ame collab Gura played some horror game called Happy's Humble Burger Farm which was really weird and I didn't know what was going on ? She also played more Minecraft with all the Council members. It was just a lot of them talking about whatever but Kronii left to do her own stream before they finished and they were all talking about different ways to mess with her with Fauna suggesting they trick her into helping them build something and not tell her where it is which I guess suggested that they were going to mess with her Bunkeronii. I think it's just funny to hear Fauna scheme like that ?

For Mumei she did a quick stream earlier where she used a helium balloon and as of writing this she is doing an endurance karaoke for 640k subscribers "or something". ?

The last Hololive related thing was I saw Korone talk about how she likes Jar Jar from Star Wars and would still like him even if everyone else hates him. It was also funny seeing the way she messed with chat by giving the chat avatar the Jar Jar eyes ?

Outside of Hololive, Lisa finished Revengeance and she seemed to like it a lot. She said she wants to do the DLC too which would be cool. Amiya played more KOTOR which is nice since she seems to want to make choices based on how she feels so it's nice to see someone not go fully dark or light side. ? I just hope I can catch her streams live more often. Shiki also played some horror VN by the name of Iwaihime which seems pretty interesting. It's been a while since I've actually watched her along with Pikamee who seems to stream more on Twitch which is a shame because I really don't want to have to use Twitch to watch her.

• Like 3

A lot of the stuff I watched in the past week has already been mentioned, so I'll try my best not to repeat what others have said. ?

Fauna released her first original song, and it was pretty adorable. I think this style of music fits her voice the best. I don't know how to describe it exactly, but it kind of reminds me of something like Sweets Parade with that "soft" voice. I liked it more than I thought I would.

Ame and Baelz did a bathroom review, and as you would expect, there were a lot of cursed ones submitted. ? We found out that Baelz aspires to have the aesthetic of an e-girl tiktoker, and I'm not sure how to feel about that one. ? She also told a story about how she went into a public bathroom as a kid, closed the door, and then noticed there were a ton of spiders on the wall. That's like my worst nightmare... ? Oh, and when Ame takes a bubble bath, she likes to make a bubble brah (bra) which amused Baelz. ?

Mumei and Kiara played that KeyWe game together again. Like last time, the best moments came from when they stopped playing the game and just chatted in the menu. ? Mumei shared a story of her going into a bra store. She found one that looked comfortable, asked a shop assistant about it, and they told her it's for people who are pregnant which embarrassed her. ?

IRyS has been sick recently, so she hadn't streamed for a while, but it looks like she's feeling a bit better now since she did a chatting stream yesterday. I didn't catch it live, but I've seen a few clips. In this one, she talks about how her dad is collecting all her merch to the point where his room is starting to look like an otaku's even though he doesn't watch anime which is pretty funny to think about. I think it's sweet that he's so supportive of her. Oh, and he ships BaeRyS. ?

But on the topic of getting sick, Pekora tweeted yesterday that she has to take a 1-2 month break from streaming. Sounds like it's something to do with her voice going off the tweet translation. Thought I'd mention it because I know @Redgrave likes to watch her from time to time. 

12 hours ago, Slava said:

You've been visited by Smol Ame from another timeline. Remain calm, and she won't attack.

vWdf43q.png

Man, that stream was hilarious. I just about lost it when she briefly showed the YABE ones on screen and barely acknowledge them. ?

oAysOaF.png yIXvTr5.png

I also liked the dance she did near the start, her trying to recreate the drawings, and when she started eating the superchat candy. ? It's streams like this that remind me why she's one of my favourites.

• Like 3

It0s been quite a while sinc ei cna post here saying i'm back to Watch some great Hololive and not something else meanwhile :P

It's been like 10 days that i'm watching a good bit of it, i'm happy Gaki decided to make a Daily EN Compilation, those are great to see some of the best moments without waiting for the weekly! I Even Watched the April and Februaru Compilations he did, lot of fun moments, Kronii dying on the Fitness game was great :awesome: 

Aside from thati watched some clips randomly that interestred me from JP girls and Boy that "toss" Clip with Mumei and the others in Minecraft was great xD

I saw some, as always, great animation by Kanauru, and it makes me wanna check Calli's latest songs, i'm pretty far back Song wise with the Hololive releases and i should get too it because this looks Amazing:

I'm actually Surprised? I Guess, that Call'is love billie eilish so much, her style is like the totally opposite being super energetic and fast (thankfully personally).

Anyway that's most of it, Kiara and Reine Vacation in the Tropical island look like a ton of fun, and the two of them looks like are great friends :P 

I have to check Clips for Ina's birthday later, i bet it was greta with all the calls! 

PS: I'm Really happy to see the EN girls playing more Overwatch :3 I Hope the JP girls will too with OW2 since it's especially sad that Towa doesn't have anybody to group up with!

• Like 4

Not as much happened compared to last week but still had some good streams. Gura played Taiko No Tatsuijin after having not played it for a while. She also seems to be getting back into horror games by playing Spooky's Jump Scare Mansion and The Closing Shift. So it looks like Gura is coming back into a new groove that I hope picks up more and she plays other classic horror games that they have permission for. Would be nice if she played Alien: Isolation to prove she's totally not afraid of it like she says ?

Fauna played Nintendo Switch Sports again and then the day after her and Mumei played a joke game that was made for April Fools called Knightfall. I've seen another LP channel I watch play it so I kind of knew what to expect but it was funny seeing them mess around with the horse drifting mechanic and they got close to winning one time ?

IRyS came back after not feeling well so she started off by finishing Resident Evil 2 Remake. She liked Ada's dress and chat told her to go back to the police station for the Rebecca photo which was funny to see ? She also played Nintendo Switch Sports which made her sore and did a karaoke that was for once allowed to stay on the channel. Lastly she got another original song posted. I'm not sure how to describe the beat/instrumental but I really like it.

On the JP side Subaru beat the initial FFVII Remake game and is now playing the Yuffie DLC. I hear her saying "Yuffie kawaii" a lot so I guess she likes her ? And Pekora has been uploading her own skits that are kind of like the ones Marine does. She even did a head patting one ?

For non-Hololive the only one I watched was Amiya play KOTOR again. She seems to be going towards the light side route since she doesn't like the idea of being mean ? She also jokes about being tsundere towards Carth. She got off the tutorial world and got her lightsaber so she's now at the part of the game where it starts to pick up. I hope she fixes the issue where for some reason the stream doesn't show the pre-rendered cutscenes since for some reason it won't but I assume that just has to do with KOTOR being kind of an odd game to optimize since I know it will sometimes have these kinds of issues happen with modern PC's.

• Like 4

I think comfiest stream of the week goes to Mumei and Zeta's drawing collab. They were both tired, so it was more of a "low energy" kind of vibe, but that's not to say that it wasn't entertaining. Mumei basically admitted that if a British girl ever gets into HoloEN, she's gonna bully/mock them. ? As for the drawings themselves, they were that perfect blend of cute and cursed that I love to see. ?

qxp99T5.png

@Redgrave already mentioned pretty much everything else I watched this week, but adding onto what he said, both Fauna and IRyS managed to injure themselves playing Nintendo Switch Sports. Fauna hit her microphone while bowling and started bleeding while IRyS banged her thumb into her desk. Nintendo, how could you do this them? ? As for Gura, one of the highlights from her streams this week came from when she started talking about lolis, chat started freaking out for some reason, and then she was all like "What, you scared of a little 4 letter word?". Incredibly based. ?

I know one of the big things this week for EN was Ina's Birthday stream, but I didn't watch it. Saw a couple of clips from some of the call-ins though. Gura's one was sweet

I also don't know the full context behind this, but I guess Chloe got brainwashed into taking off some of her clothes. God damn, she is so cute. ?

EDIT: Gura did a members stream today, and people started saying the thumbnail reminded them of a Wind Waker meme, so she brought it up on stream. ?

y2kS0Pm.png

Edited by Undead Wolf
  • Like 4

Watched Sana's Kirby 64 stream. Once again, I'm learning about these games because they've never been on my radar. This old one is pretty simple, but the different powers and power combinations make it fun. I liked the Evangelion mention, everyone in chat thought the same and said "Kirby, get in the robot!". Also learned that the PS1 that Sana won in some contest was her first console. And she played Crash and Spyro as a kid. I don't think I knew that before, hope to see Playstation streams in the future. Because I know Kaela has played Crash Bandicoot on stream already. While Sana's streams have been mostly Nintendo-focused.

Ina's birthday stream was fun, watched the whole thing. A lot of callers with morning voices, Sana and Bae as well as most of JP and ID guests had just woken up lol. Three people confessed their love for Ina's tentacles, including Okayu who said she loves them "but not as food". In the end Ina revealed her gallery as a VR chat world. Interesting thing about that is the coincidence, because her fans also made a VR chat gallery for her as a present ?. 

Also randomly saw Nijisanji's Pomu Rainpuff streaming MGS3 on my recommended, had to check out. It was pretty fun, even though she didn't really know the mechanics well (didn't know how to CQC). I haven't seen much of Niji content except for some Selen Apex streams before. Still, I knew she would get excited while pressing R1 during cutscenes with Eva, I had a feeling the VTubers over at Niji are just as horny as others ?. I see she's played other MGS games, and they're still on her channel. So I wonder why she's allowed to keep them unlike Pekora, and if Niji works differently with permissions.

And finally, I made a drawing with Sana and Mumei in summer outfits disgned by Ina. Some of you have seen it posted in the artwork thread. It's actually become my most liked and retweeted fan art now. Probably having two art hashtags instead of one helped, because I feel like the art itself was not that much better compared to my prevous ones ?. 

Edited by Slava
  • Like 3

Mumei dropped a cover of the song Dilemma before she goes on a break for 2 weeks. Way better than the original imo (sorry Miku). I love how high energy it is. ?

On 24/05/2022 at 3:10 PM, Slava said:

And finally, I made a drawing with Sana and Mumei in summer outfits disgned by Ina. Some of you have seen it posted in the artwork thread. It's actually become my most liked and retweeted fan art now. Probably having two art hashtags instead of one helped, because I feel like the art itself was not that much better compared to my prevous ones 1f605.png

I'm a bit late on replying to this, but they look great, man. I love that you drew them in those summer outfits. They look really pretty, especially in the poses you gave them. ? Glad to hear you're getting some some recognition for it!

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Sana just announced her first original song. Now every council member has one. It premiers right after her birthday stream next week.

Also next week is Iroha's 3D model reveal. HoloX didn't have to wait long for them at all.

What I've been watching. More Kirby streams with Sana. She completed Kirby 64 to 100%. As always, I like that she does that. And today, she streamed car-Kirby cake decorating. The result looked pretty good.

Watched a little bit of Fauna. She streamed a game I've never heard of before called Peglin. It's Peggle mixed with rogue-like. Was pretty fun. She was also creating council and Irys in Miitopia. They turned out cute and slightly cursed.

In terms if songs, I checked out a few. Mumei's new cover was great, loved Irys' cover of Internet Overdose, Kiara's new original had good music and vocals, but the songwriting kinda ruined it for me. 

Can't believe I missed all of Ollie's recent streams, even though she played chess twice. My favourite type of content. I want to catch up on the VOD's, but I don't know if I will. My motivation levels have been low ?. 

• Like 3

Gura started HoloEN's WWE2K22 character roster with some pretty cursed results ? She also played the new release of The Stanley Parable which she stopped playing after the first couple of hours because the stream or her internet kept messing up. She played it more the next day though. It's an alright game I guess but they really and I mean really ran a joke about a bucket into the ground so hard and for so long that it went straight through the Earth's core so I think it's a game that I wouldn't mind if she didn't continue. And lastly she (and by extension Ame since they both streamed it) played Minecraft and it kind of became a big collab with Fauna, Kronii, and Baelz. I'm sure Mumei would have joined if she weren't on break ?

Ame did a joke stream where it was the chat at a Doctors appointment and I feel like she just used it as an excuse to get Morbin jokes out of her system ? Beyond that she played Minecraft a couple days before the collab and played more Elden Ring. She was going to play Mario Galaxy 2 but I guess the Wii-remote she used was broken (not at all the fault of her raging and banging it I'm sure ?) so who knows when that will get finished now. Other than that she played Valorant with Iroha and Kobo which I didn't watch but I did see this clip from it where they do British accents ?

Outside of the aforementioned Miitopia and Peglin streams Fauna did two collabs. One with Watame to where they played Nintendo Switch Sports and it was cute because they would both go "Oh sheep" at times ? She also played Pacify with Vestia.

Otherwise for the JP side I have only been watching Subaru since Pekora is still recovering but she started Tales of the Abyss.

Amiya played KOTOR some more and is now on Kashyyyk so there's lots of the stock Chewbacca sounds whenever she talks to any of the Wookiees ? Pikamee started FFX on YouTube but unfortunately she is playing it with Japanese audio and subtitles since I guess she decided that YouTube streams are more for her JP fans and the English streams are on Twitch which is very unfortunate because I would like to see her live and I don't want to go on Twitch for that. But she does have a VOD channel at least and I've just been watching her GTA: San Andreas and now recently Alan Wake VODs.

On 6/3/2022 at 11:54 PM, Slava said:

What I've been watching. More Kirby streams with Sana. She completed Kirby 64 to 100%. As always, I like that she does that. And today, she streamed car-Kirby cake decorating. The result looked pretty good.

I saw that she's been streaming more lately even if it's just Kirby but I assume she's feeling better now as well. And yeah I saw the cake, it looked pretty tasty ? But it would be nice if she streamed more even if it was in collabs since she's been the most absent out of all of EN as far as I know. Which reminds me that I guess Ina is on break since she hasn't streamed in a while either but I assume I just missed the announcement.

• Like 3

Sana had a birthday stream today. Lots of funny and wholesome moments with guests as usual for this type of stream. There was also a cool present from her fans, the mad lads launched her birthday fanart to the stratosphereHer original song Astrogirl is out now, and I liked it overall. The MV is 200% cute. I'd like to hear Holomembers perform it on karaoke streams some time. 

Sana's BDay stream was mainly for the American audience, as it was the beginning of the next day for my timezone, as well as for her own timezone obviously. So Lui's BDay stream (or one of them) which is supposed to be the next day, was just 5 hours later. So I also watched that one while doing more Mirror's Edge time trials. Lui is known to be super friendly, she likes to do collabs, wishes happy BDay to every member. Not surprised that she inveited literally everyone to celebrate her birthday. She's doing two totsumachi streams because of that. The one I watched was for EN and ID guests. She asked for more collabs and promised to cook any Japanese food for them when they come to Japan ?.

So yeah, basically got my charge of adorable and blessed energy today.

Also watched some Minecraft (Gura, Fauna), some The Stanley Parable (mainly from Bae's perspective), Gura's I Am Fish stream (never heard about it before). And a bit of Pomu when she continued MGS3. I tuned in around the part when Snake was grabbed by the balls by Volgin, I needed to see her reaction to the whole cutscene ?. Got the Takamori reunion this week, although I missed both of their streams.

On 05.06.2022 at 9:37 AM, Redgrave said:

and I mean really ran a joke about a bucket into the ground

I'm not very familiar with the game, but as far as I understand from the streams, it was the biggest thing about the "New" content. It looked like every path from the main game got a "bucket option" when you pick it up. And Bae was doing exactly that after it was unlocked ?. I started to fall asleep before I got to witness the "normal" ending ?.

On 05.06.2022 at 9:37 AM, Redgrave said:

I saw that she's been streaming more lately even if it's just Kirby but I assume she's feeling better now as well. And yeah I saw the cake, it looked pretty tasty 1f61b.png But it would be nice if she streamed more even if it was in collabs since she's been the most absent out of all of EN as far as I know. Which reminds me that I guess Ina is on break since she hasn't streamed in a while either but I assume I just missed the announcement.

Maybe she was busy with the birthday stuff, IDK. Her back is better now, but she probably won't be doing 12 hour streams like she used to for a while. She mentioned more Nintendo stuff she wants to play, retro games like Donkey Kong Country. Looks like that one will be a collab with Anya. I guess the NSO verison features online co-op.

Yeah, I believe Ina went on a planned break right after her birthday. 

Edited by Slava
  • Like 3

New Hololive Alternative teaser dropped, and man, it's gorgeous. ?

I love all the references they packed in there. Some humorous moments too like Subaru riding a giant flying duck. ? It's great to see Myth and ID Gen 1 included this time around. They also released a video for Holoearth, that open-world sandbox game they're developing. Looks cool and I can't wait to see more.

It's been interesting to watch the rise of Nijisanji's Salome. She managed to reach 1 million subs even faster than Gura which is really impressive. She fills that ojousama niche in the VTuber community I never knew I wanted. ? I gave her a sub myself, although I've only watched clips so far. My favourite one has got to be this.

Takes me back to the Hololive clips we used to get from a certain GTA V scene before HoloEN became a thing. Some other clips I like were the "Kiss my ass desuwa" one and her love confession. ?

As far as streams go, it's been a bit slow for the past couple of weeks due to Mumei's break and IRyS taking it easy because of her continuing throat problem. I've still been watching stuff from the other girls I watch regularly though. We got Fauna making cursed versions of HoloEN in Miitopia which lead to some funny moments like this one. Also more Assassin's Creed Black flag from her which is always fun, especially since she sings sea shanties every time she's on the ship. ? For Ame, I've just been watching her Elden Ring streams. She spent a while autistically trying to get a horse down an elevator. ? As for Gura, I watched her play The Stanley Parable like you guys already mentioned, and that had a lot of funny moments. The hole part comes to mind. ? Also watched that I Am Fish stream and it's a pretty weird game, but it suited her personality well.

Mumei said she was coming back today which I'm looking forward to. During her break, she uploaded this animation from SuperAppleMan, and it's good stuff. I enjoy her brand of humour. ?

Edited by Undead Wolf
  • Like 4

Writing here after a while! I'm just watching mostly random clips that's why i don't say much, plus actually who i follow doesn't stream much too, Kiara is streaming stuff like Zelda which i don't care lately, Ina isn't streaming, Pekora and Aqua too arent' so just random clips for me :P 

I saw both trailer for Holo Heart and Holo Alternative DAMN Alternative looks Gorgeous, it's amazing, can't wait for more!
HOlo Earth looks like a 2010 style game, reminds me of Rust xD But i'm sure it will get better, not that i'll play probably honestly being only on Pc but who knows! 

Meanwhile Kiara got her new Costume, gotta check it out better but i see it's a german Style one, I guess she had to have one like that ^_^

• Like 3

Uuuuuu ? 

On 12.06.2022 at 1:30 PM, Sora9427 said:

Meanwhile Kiara got her new Costume, gotta check it out better but i see it's a german Style one, I guess she had to have one like that ^_^

I saw she also started a second YouTube channel to stream and post videos in German. 

Do any other Hololive and Holostars members have official second channels ?? I know some have Twitch channels, but I don't think I've seen separate YouTube ones until now.

The Hololive Alternative video looks cool, indeed. Beautiful animation.

• Like 2

On 14/6/2022 at 2:38 AM, Slava said:

Uuuuuu 1f601.png 

I saw she also started a second YouTube channel to stream and post videos in German. 

Do any other Hololive and Holostars members have official second channels 1f914.png? I know some have Twitch channels, but I don't think I've seen separate YouTube ones until now.

The Hololive Alternative video looks cool, indeed. Beautiful animation.

I can't see what you posted if it's a Twitter post or something else i see just white, thought it was a timed thing but even after 3 days still nothing.

EDIT: Nevermind, quoting you made it appear i guess. Fauna, wasn't really convincing xD 

Didn't know about the 2Nd channel, that's cool for who wants to learn, it's to see how much she'll keep it up wich is always the matter with this kind of Channels.

Meanwhile this week i'm not seeing much, some random clips here and there but few things, maybe this weekend i'll go back and get to it, i'll see. But i saw that Iroha, Then Chloe and now Koyori got all the 3D model reveal, i'm pretty curious about Laplus in that regard :P 

Edited by Sora9427
  • Like 3

Gar Goobus got to 4 million subscribers this week and did an unarchived karaoke for it. I am quite proud of the shark ? She also played I Am Fish (stream 1) twice (stream 2) which I didn't know of before but it's a cute game that she seemed to really like even if it got frustrating at some points. She also did a collab with Shion that I didn't get to see live since it happened before I got on. They both also did a Renai Circulation cover ?

Lastly she played more WWE2K22 and had the characters she made fight each other while she commentated on it. It was funny seeing Bloop make a sort of return and then she had Bloop and Bubba fight each other. ?

IRyS played I'm On Observation Duty which I've seen someone play a while back. It's an alright spooky game but it kind of relies on memorizing stuff and being able to notice minor details so I think IRyS had a hard time because she had to balance that and the chat. She also played Stanley Parable but I didn't see much of it apart from one moment where she made fun of chat by saying the narrator sounds like chat when she doesn't play a game the right way ?

Fauna played Iron Lung which is an okay game since I like the premise but there's not really much to the gameplay apart from looking at a map and putting in coordinate and then you get a picture of something. So it's kind of a situation of "once you've seen one play it you've seen all of them play it". She also played Deer Simulator which was kind of a weird game ? But the highlight was the collab she had with Kronii, Mumei, and Gura playing Propnight and it became a not very seiso stream because of the farting emote that you can do in that and at the end they watched the Sea Man ending (not on stream) and talked about weird stuff and memes. The only thing Fauna shared on stream was a gif of the Hololive logo but it was a bunch of twerking Among Us characters that formed the logo and I'm sure Gura is the one that had that one from the start because she loves that gif ?

Kronii played Mega Man X (stream 1) twice (stream 2) and I'm not too familiar with it but she got frustrated a lot which is funny because in contrast she played Cuphead and didn't really get mad at all from what I can recall ? She did say she played it up to a certain point before so that probably helped but I'll give her credit anyway.

Only thing Ame has done that I have watched/am watching is a late night Elden Ring stream. I have heard her do a Gremlin scream after losing her runes so far ?

• Like 3

Ollie received an updated model. Now she has a smug face, and she is not afraid to use it.

Pekora is back. Watched her return stream where she talked about what she's been doing. Tested my progress in Japanese by listening to her in the meantime (understood very little, but it's better than almost nothing like before). 

But mostly I've been watching Gura recently. The aforementioned Shark-Nature-Owl-Time collab in Propnight and the live reaction to the ending of Sea Man, which I didn't expect at all. Went back to watch the part from the first SNOT stream where they talked about all kinds of nonsense. Then of course the 4 million celebration karaoke, the birthday stream, and the AmeSame off collab. Very cute.

I also watched a bunch of Chloe clips because they keep appearing on my recommended videos every day. Basically clip every funny thing she says in English, and you get top tier content. Portal clips had me rolling. "The cake is a lie? No. The cake is... I want!" And "I can't help you because I'm stupid" ?. Getting 2020 Korone clips energy.

• Like 3

Gura really went all out for her birthday this year. First of all there was that call-in stream, as is tradition in Hololive. I found it funny how with almost everyone who called in, she was like "we should play something together". I wonder how many of those she's actually going to follow through with. Probably not many. ? When she was getting towards the last few call-ins, and neither of them turned out to be Ame, I was super confused because Ame always shows up to these things and there was no way she was gonna miss it unless something catastrophic happened. It all made sense at the end though when they revealed that they were in the same room together (I think she was at Ame's place?). That was a nice surprise.

After that they did a karaoke stream together, although I couldn't watch it live since it started at like 5:30 in the morning for me. ? I managed to find a reupload of the whole stream though, so I watched that instead. Lots of good song choices like September, 99 Red Balloons, and Don't Stop Believin'. They even sang the Chug Jug meme song. ? I am of the belief that the stream can cure depression. They were just so cute together and their high energy was infectious. Amesame 4 life. ?

The following day we got Gura's actual birthday celebration stream which ended up being a proper 3D concert. Like it had a production value I would expect from one of Hololive's paid concerts, with the set changes, choreographed dances, impressive camera work, and all the different assets in the background. She did a solo song, then a duet with each member of Myth, and ended on Myth or Treat, that original Halloween song they all sang together. It was super impressive. 

She also revealed merch at the end as you would expect. My favourite one was the Dino Gura plushie. It's squishy, punchable, AND punt-able! ?

• Like 2

On 22.06.2022 at 6:36 PM, enaysoft said:

It's trending on twitter anyway...

"First in the industry" isn't even true, and apparently they used someone's art without crediting. Well, that's a strong start ?. 

___

So I see that HoloMyth has assembled. Looks like Calli is going to join them soon for a full Myth off-collab. 

Also, Calli is the next guest on Speak of the Devil. Looking forward to that episode.

Meanwhile, Ollie got injured again. Cracked a couple of ribs when she fell from the stairs. She resumed streams not even a week after that, even though she can't laugh without pain. I watched her drawing stream where she was creating an ikemen original character. This happened when she tried to flip the layer. I think you can guess why she was in pain for the next minute ?.

vB8vO8p.png

It's funny, but I wish Ollie and VTubers/streamers in general (because a lot of them don't want to take breaks) would prioritize their health.

• Like 3

I remember Alfredo was talking about it on Achievement Hunter a few years back.  Like he went to a con for a weekend and took a couple days off, so he didn't stream for like five days and lost a good chunk of subs.  It's all numbers.  Gotta keep streaming so the algorithm will keep you relevant.

On a lighter note and speaking of the algorithm, I got recommended a Pikamee clip from Mario 64.  That let's play is the whole reason I'm in the rabbit hole.  So I've been rewatching that.

And I watched the Calli teaches English stream with Roboco, Miko, and Sana.  That was just as crazy as the cast would imply.

Edited by Ilzakia
  • Like 2