VTuber Megathread

Ryudi1998

Footage of me watching Sana's final stream:

fk1scaE.jpeg

From Astrogirl onwards, it was hard to hold back emotions. Especially the end part. Great send-off. After it ended, I spent another 30-40 minutes looking at beautiful artwork and animations made for her on Twitter. 

Won't say she will be missed, because she's not gone forever, only as part of Hololive. I already subbed to her on her other Twitter and YouTube, so I'll keep following her stuff there.

• Like 3

49 minutes ago, CobraMJD said:

I'm totally not a part of this trend, but I laughed a lot of some video of Korone playing Mario or some other game a couple years ago?

I sadly don't under japanese but her face when she was always dying was hilarious.

Might have been this one. One of my favourite clips ?.

She's done some English-only streams. I believe the clip above is from one of them. The full thing is linked in the description, but I haven't watched it.

• Like 4

On 31/07/2022 at 9:30 PM, Slava said:

Might have been this one. One of my favourite clips 1f601.png.

She's done some English-only streams. I believe the clip above is from one of them. The full thing is linked in the description, but I haven't watched it.

Yes! That's the one, thank you for finding it. I will save it here.?

• Like 1

Not very much happened on the Hololive side of things this week apart from Mumei having a birthday stream where she had call-ins and such. She also had a MV released that unfortunately I can't link because it's been privated because apparently people complained about there being historic tragedies shown in like Hindenburg and stuff so Mumei and the management agreed to take it down. I think it's stupid that people complained about that but I guess at the very least I got to see it before it got taken down.

Gura was supposed to stream earlier with Mario Kart 8 but she was having capture card issues allegedly and so she just did a member's only stream afterward. I don't know what Gura's deal is but she's been barely streaming with like one or two streams a week and even then it's usually Minecraft or something I'm not really interested in watching. I think the biggest thing though is that she didn't even do a call-in or a video for Mumei's birthday. In fact she was the only EN member that didn't call in so it's not a good look for her ?

Otherwise I think the only Hololive related stream I watched apart from Mumei was Fauna playing Black Flag again.

But on the positive side, Pekora got to 2 million subs. I am quite proud of her you see ☺️

Along with that Subaru started Persona 4 Golden as her next JRPG since she finished Tales of the Abyss last week so that should be good.

With Phase Connect, Shiina played more Witcher 3, The Closing Shift, The Great Ace Attorney Chronicles, and did something of an advice podcast with another member named Rie. She did a Duolingo stream earlier but I didn't see it but I look forward to seeing her play Dark Souls 3 tomorrow. I guess she is making a big melee build or "Unga bunga" as she calls it ?

Airi played It Takes Two with a member named Iori but there was a lot of scuff in it ? She also played Tetr.io with viewers which I guess is a legally distinct Tetris 99 but it was fun watching her even if she got beat by sweaty players. She also played Mahjong Soul with viewers as well and despite not knowing the game she did alright for the most part and ended the stream on a win and it was cute seeing her be happy about it ? Lastly she played Outlast again but with Shiina as her babysitter this time and while she did scream a lot she did do better this time around. It probably helped that Shiina was actually encouraging her ?

Amiya played KOTOR again and is pretty close to the end of the game since she's on the final world now (stream 2). In the first stream she managed to do the iconic mandatory BioWare Tower of Hanoi puzzle after only a couple tries which I never got the hang of when I played it but I got the Mass Effect one easier. She also tried to prove she was evil by saying just awful, sick and twisted things that I dare not repeat. She also gave a free smile in the second one ?

Edited by Redgrave
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, Redgrave said:

Not very much happened on the Hololive side of things this week apart from Mumei having a birthday stream where she had call-ins and such. She also had a MV released that unfortunately I can't link because it's been privated because apparently people complained about there being historic tragedies shown in like Hindenburg and stuff so Mumei and the management agreed to take it down. I think it's stupid that people complained about that but I guess at the very least I got to see it before it got taken down.

I can't believe Nanashi Mumei of Hololive Council made light of such horrible tragedies in her music video. Just look at the SICK stuff in these very real screenshots taken from it.

2w9JoVN.png 4dO70u6.png

But of the course, the most tragic part had to be this. Moments before disaster... ?

MFXSWnM.png

She's gone too far this time! ?

But nah, for real, it's kind of hilarious that people got offended by such a goofy little video. I suppose that's the world we live in nowadays. It has been reuploaded by someone else, but I don't know if that will eventually get taken down as well.

It sounds like Kanauru was given a lot of freedom to create what he wanted with the video and this is the result. I hope he can keep working with Hololive after this, because I do quite like his style, and he's obviously a big fan considering the amount of references he puts in these videos. 

• Like 3

On 01.08.2022 at 6:17 PM, Undead Wolf said:

But on the Hololive side of things, Marine really knocked it out of the park with this music video. The animation is amazing. 

Has been mentioned a lot online, but it brings back memories of the ME!ME!ME! MV. Marine (and whoever did the animation) might have been inspired by it. Regardless, Yagoo's seiso idol dream keeps rolling in its grave.

19 hours ago, Redgrave said:

she's been barely streaming

I wonder how much work Holo members do off camera and if it leaves less time to stream. Also, with Gura, I saw she said somewhere that she's on some medicine that affects her streaming ability. I don't remember exactly.

But I saw Gura's MC stream with Kaela, it was pretty good and wholesome. Kaela is friendly and generous, but also a bit of a troll, and a woman of few fords. Also a giant gamer - she's grinding for hours and hours.

I've been enjoying Fauna's stuff mainly. Not watching AC4, but I keep up with the majority of the other streams. The recent karaoke was fun. I think her singing keeps slowly improving.

I saw Pomu started Peace Walker today. Great to see she's not skipping this step in the Metal Gear Solid marathon. She really wants to play every mainline game, it seems.

Tuned in for a bit to see Vshojo's Nazuna. I feel crazy, but for some reason she does not sound 100% like Rushia, even though I don't really have doubts that it's her. Maybe a different mic or something.

Edited by Slava
I'm magging
  • Like 3

Hi guys, i see you are well into V-tubing rom your posts :P 

As for me i guess so, not as much but i'm watching clips here and there for sure! 

Holo summe ris back and i'm curious to see what comes out from it, we already see how Pekora is not as flat as many thought even if i always thought it was just her Base Model showing that, instead for Ollie it's the same even with her new outifit :awesome: 

Reine is getting her new one tomorrow, really curious about it!

For Live streams, i'm not watching much, Kiara is traveling and so not streaming so much either that or playing games i foudn boring to watch like Tunic or Zelda before, so when it's interesting like MK yesterday i'll surely catch up! Ina too isn't streaming as much, understandable from the girls, it's summer, it's hot, i can see not much desire to sit down and stream but going around or do other stuff!

Aqua instead is back :3 Hopefully for longer this time before getting busy again with Music, dancing and stuff, i miss my onion playing games :(

Pekora and Moon streamed minecraft together, well Moona was playing since 7 hours already xD I watched half of that live actually and it was great, PekoMoon is really the best Duo in Hololive, it's impressive how they can communicate with so little understanding! I Hope to see more! 

Ah and i guess i'm Watching a bit of Moona stream-wise lately, i loved her last Karaoke, as every one she does, and the Minecraft streams too even if i don't fllow them all, they are soo long :P  

Anyway a lot is going on which is nice, i stick with Hololive and just that, i see you guys watching even Nijisan and others, i already have too much here xD I still have to watch Marine's new Song and i listened to Mumei's birthday cover, such ignorance from people that it got removed, luckily there is the guy Undead posted that made me find it!

For Sana as i already said since the beginning i was never invested in her, so eh. Good luck to her.

PS: I'm so happy Kanata is back too, i was wondering why there weren't any clip of her, she was on a break, didn't know that, but now she's back and funnier than ever, and i guess still the same as ever :awesome:

• Like 3

I've been watching a little bit of everyone recently: Fauna, Bae, Ame, Reine, Korone, Irys. The highlight for me was probably the Broken Telephone game on Lui's channel with JP, EN, and ID. It was funny how JP members would panic when the English sentence they had to repeat just wouldn't stop. I think Pekora and La+ did great though.

Also Holoro members revealed new costumes this week. We got rich bitch mafia princess Ollie, gamer girl in urban drip Reine, and steampunk adventurer Anya. I'll just post Twitter links. I'm having troubles with Twitter images, VPN, and this site.

https://twitter.com/ramdayo1122/status/1557005459311460358

https://twitter.com/lizhi3/status/1557736959031648256

https://twitter.com/ekureea/status/1558455047260110848

Ollie's outfit is for sure the craziest. That hairstyle with double drill tails is so over the top, there are already Gurren Lagann memes about it. But I think I like all three.

As for all the fanarts, I really like looking at them. There are always some insane looking ones, including the ones from the character illustrators themselves. I enjoy seeing Pako draw other members. Here's his Kaela for example:

https://twitter.com/pakosun/status/1555078512473776129

Lam is really cool too. His character designs are one of the reasons I want to watch Takt Op. Destiny:

466240.jpg

Honestly, If I could spam images, I'd just post these VTuber arts and illustrations here non-stop.

Cow girl Fauna is cute. I liked the full suit version too:

https://twitter.com/shutowl/status/1556981047358656518

Funny how I was just drawing a sketch of goth Fauna from the last trend, and now there's a new one. Started by none other that the kirin herself ?. 

Edited by Slava
  • Like 3

Almost everyone in Hololive is streaming Rust, bruh. I guess, I'll be watching something else or take a break ?.

Wanted to post some MV's in the meantime.

I liked Polka's new original song. The theme of the MV is nice, the mix of 2D and 3D animation works well too. The song itself isn't bad either, a well-composed pop banger. Very different from some of her previous works ?.

Don't remember if this one was posted before. Korone's Doggy God Street from 4 months ago has been a song I come back to often. Korone singing "Get out of my way" cutely + the character style and animation fit together well.

And a new one by another 5th gen member, this one's from Botan. I don't watch her often (just like Polka), but I assume this is a bit of a gap moe, it's a love song by the FPS queen. Regardless, I thought she did a great job. Not as catchy as the other two, but it probably shouldn't be.

I also checked out her old original song, got surprised with a Russian word for "lioness" included in the lyrics. 

Edited by Slava
  • Like 3

9 hours ago, Slava said:

Almost everyone in Hololive is streaming Rust, bruh. I guess, I'll be watching something else or take a break 1f601.png.

I don't mind the Rust streams so much. I mean, at least it's not more Minecraft. ? Having said that though, I haven't watched too much of Hololive's Rust arc myself since I've been dedicating most of my time to watching Phase Connect lately. I did catch parts of some streams though and have seen a few clips of their shenanigans. I thought it was pretty funny how Mumei just blasted Moona and Kaela because she felt threatened by them. It's survival of the fittest, you see. ?

Her antics pissed off some ID fans which just makes it even funnier. I've seen a few angry comments. ? She's lucky it wasn't some of the JP members she killed because I feel like they wouldn't have been quite as forgiving. Her house would have been up in flames by now I'm sure. ?

Oh yeah, and I came across this Rust animation. Seems like there are some bloodthirsty killers amongst the JP members too. ? I love Suisei's psycho face.

Unrelated, but this is literally me fr fr. ?

2savooL.png

Edited by Undead Wolf
  • Like 4

Not much in the way of watching Hololive stuff this week since I've been mostly watching Phase Connect but the main big thing with Hololive was the HoloCouncil first year anniversary. They played some games like Pool in their new virtual area and sang songs while also showing new merch in the form of plushies. Otherwise it seems like they have Rust brainrot so I didn't really watch much of that but with what I did it seemed kind of chaotic at times especially with how Mumei would kill someone out of fear or would watch Noel through her window ?

For Shiina she played Dark Souls 3 with the recent stream where she got past the Abyss Watchers. She's been going through it fairly well and I assume it's from Vordt's Great Hammer so I guess the Unga Bunga build is going well for her ? She played more Witcher 3 as well and is progressing along with her recently finishing up the Bloody Baron's quest. She's also going to play more Ace Attorney so that should be fun.

Airi played Tetr.io with viewers again as well as the FPS game Dusk which I believe she said she is handling well despite getting motion sickness for FPS stuff. She has also played more Dark Souls where she's now on the second-half of the game after beating Ornstein and Smough. It was cute hearing her be excited after beating Ornstein and Smough ☺️ She also played Outlast again with another member named Erina and from what I could tell it was only a couple hours of playing while the rest of it was a few hours of just talking ? Lastly today she did a chatting stream where she revealed she got into a car accident and I guess has many times so while I'm glad she's fine from them it sounds like her and cars aren't a good combination ?

Lia did a stream where she did a deep dive on Chris-chan which doesn't look like it's listed anymore probably because of some parts that aren't good for monetization but it was funny seeing her reactions to certain parts. She also played FNAF Security Breach and has made it very clear she wants to be knotted by Freddy Fazbear ? She also played RE5 but not for very long since I guess something came up and she had to leave. But she seems to also like Wesker a lot so hopefully she continues it.

The only other Phase Connect member I watched was Erina who did a Bully stream and she's alright with what I have seen of her and when she was with Airi. I'll try to see if I can watch her more often.

Lastly Amiya finished KOTOR and got the light side ending despite having to kill one of the party members since she didn't say the right dialogue options to prevent them from turning evil ? Still it was fun watching her play it and be a dorky spider girl. I look forward to her KOTOR II playthrough where I think she said she will go dark side in that one and so I'm sure she will go full dark dork side herself ?

• Like 4

byTEBiS.png

Bruh. The schedule just looks like this every day ?.

It's hard to believe it's been an entire year since the Council debut. Those streams were the first debuts I've watched live. So it feels a bit different compared to the Myth anniversary from last year. Haven't watched the anniversary stream yet, but I'll check the VOD and the other stuff, I'm sure they'll be reacting and cringing to their debuts as well. It's kind of a tradition ?. Fauna is going to do a 12 hour (or 11:55 because YouTube) stream with all kinds of activities as well. 

Have been watching more JP stuff. I'm starting to understand some Japanese sentences which makes the streams more entertaining. Pekora has started playing Dragon Quest Monsters: Joker. It's a DS game that can be described as DQ's take on Pokemon (or SMT) - you can recruit monsters and make them fight for you and fuse them into more powerful ones. The main source of entertainment is Pekora's reactions when a monster refuses to obey, or when it finally joins you after multiple unsuccessful attempts. 

Edited by Slava
  • Like 3

On 27.08.2022 at 7:22 AM, Ilzakia said:

Bae's new cover is something else.  Goosebumps.  And the ending!

Just watched the MV. It was amazing.

I guess I should watch Belle. If the cover touched me this much, then the original with the context of the movie will probably make me cry like a fountain.

Reine finished Nirvana Initiative yesterday, and was geeking out while playing the 999 bonus chapter. Certainly an interesting game, but I wasn't a fan of some reveals and endings. Still, there's a lot good in it, and I'm glad she played it, because no one else did, it looks like. In Hololive, at least.

• Like 3

The highlight this week for me has been Pippa's streams. She did a whole stream shitting on the new Saints Row game, watching along with the Skill Up review and comparing it to the trailers/cutscenes from the older games. And no, she didn't actually play the game herself, because in her words, "I'm not paying $60 for this shit" and it's "not even worth pirating". ? The whole stream was gold, but here's a more condensed version. She also lost it at the "final shootout" because the game's a broken mess. ?

Pippa also started playing GTA V in celebration of reaching a certain subscriber milestone (I think 40k but she's over 50k now). Lots of funny moments from that one too, but the best part was when she got to *that* moment. You know, the part that got endlessly clipped from JP chuubas streams where they said "the word" because it sounded funny to them. ? She knows her audience well in that they would want her to say it. She didn't, but had a presentation ready to go to explain why she can't say slurs on stream, plus a short intermission to allow people to look up other videos to "get it out of their system". An acceptable compromise. ?

As for other Phase Connect happenings, Airi played a lot more Dark Souls. She's pretty far along now. She also did a zatsudan stream, mostly talking about the various car accidents she's been in over the years. I can't tell if she just had bad luck or if she's just a bad driver. ? Shiina had a greater variety of streams. I watched her play more Witcher 3, Dark Souls 3, and Ace Attorney Chronicles. She also started Bloodborne, although that was in a later timeslot and I couldn't catch it live. It's kinda crazy how much she's been streaming, and her YouTube channel doesn't even tell the full story because she's been doing a 2nd stream on Twitch most nights as well. I wish the HoloEN girls had this kind of work ethic (I'm looking at you Gura). ?

But speaking of Hololive, I didn't watch too much this week. Pretty much just the 1 year anniversary collab that @Redgrave mentioned and the streams Mumei did to celebrate in the days following it. She watched her debut as is tradition and finally noticed how she ordered her name in the thumbnail. ? It also turns out that she doesn't like being looked at and her debuting as a VTuber was one big mistake. ? She also streamed Construction Sim again which was one of the first games she played after debut. It's nice seeing how much she's grown since then. I still wouldn't trust her with the keys to a large vehicle though. ?

She also suffered a horrific workplace injury and is going to take Pete to court. ?

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Mumei is the newest Holomember to get included as a navigator in Groove Coaster now. She also uploaded the new version of Dan Dan Don Don with the Hindenburg and Challenger references changed. I guess the Titanic is okay apparently and I can't really fathom why the other two wouldn't be especially since Titanic and Hindenburg weren't too far apart from each other compared to the Challenger. But I digress.

The only other Hololive related thing I watched was Gura starting a collab for Gura's Big Brain Games but unfortunately something happened to where the stream had to end and I guess Gura didn't want to risk trying it again so she postponed it until she could solve the issue. Knowing her she probably broke something by rubbing her feet on it too much ?

Shiina has started playing Bloodborne making her the first VTuber I've watched actually play that ? On her second stream she managed to beat Gascoigne. Unfortunately it seems backseating is more of a problem so far since she has had to stop and address it like twice now and I hope she doesn't want to stop playing it because of that. She also played Witcher 3 again and Death Road to Canada where she named some of the party members after the other Phase Connect members ?

Airi tried to play Fall Guys but something happened to where it kept disconnecting her. Maybe for the best since her viewers would have bullied her relentlessly ? Instead she changed it to Gartic Phone. She also played more Dark Souls and is basically at the end of the game to where she's actually doing the DLC now which is surprising since I figured she would have wanted to beat it at this point. She will need luck against Kalameet and Manus though since those are supposed to be notoriously difficult. But probably the most eventful stream was her getting educated by Pippa about the internet so Airi learned about iconic internet history such as getting Gnomed, the Killdozer, All Your Base Are Belong to Us, Ken-sama, Loss, Grape-Kun, and what a janny is (and laughs at how they do it for FREE).

Pippa did one stream where she talked (read: went on tangents) about plushies and other stuffed animals as well as another one where she watched someone walk through a wrecked house that was on sale for like $250,000 or something but that VOD doesn't seem to be around now. During that though she also watched other urban exploration videos. ?

• Like 3

The last streams I watched were HoloJP Gartic Phone collab, which was hilarious as always. My favourite part is Suisei drawing herself fighting back against the girl from The Ring with a knife.

Then another big collab with dozens of perspectives - Summer Festival. They prepared a lot of cool things, I liked the Horror House by Suisei and Miko, they put their all into it, and Holo members' reactions were fun to watch. Kaela's Fight Club was cool too.

And finally, Botan's new outfit. A simple and cute design. I liked it.

Other than that, just some clips from Holoamp. If you like Chloe, Nene, and/or Ayame, check it out if you haven't already.

Edited by Slava
  • Like 2

Last night Airi did a collab with her genmate Remi to rate the viewers dogs. I decided to doxx myself and sent my own dogs in. Remi really focused in on how shiny they were in that picture. ? They also said my dogs were cute and gave them the coveted Good Boy Award. ? I timestamped that part of the stream below if anyone's curious.

But speaking of Airi, she managed to beat Outlast this week. Quite proud of her considering what a scaredy cat wolf she is. ? She also did a recent song cover with Coolri ? that I really like. Too bad a lot of it had to be cut out to fit into a YouTube Short.

Pippa did a 50k subs celebration stream a couple of days ago where she did a soda tier list and some karaoke. ? I caught up on the rest of her viewer ban appeal stream earlier this week, and it's one of the funniest streams I've seen in a while. ? Basically, people would submit why they were banned, why they think they should be unbanned, and a meme to go along with it. Then the chat would vote on whether they were guilty or not guilty. There were lots of funny ones. Someone even submitted a cover of Linkin Park's Numb, just with the lyrics swapped with relevant ones to the stream. ? Lots of appeals where they were banned just for the "crime" of saying the gamer word. Not guilty, your honour. ?

Y1CpHVW.png

I watched Shiina the most this week. More Witcher 3, Bloodborne, and Dark Souls 3. She also played the new Holocure update which a lot of the other girls have been doing both inside and outside of Hololive. Last night she did a stream where she gushed about crabs. ? She did a presentation on them, then a quiz, and ended it off with some crab gacha game. Oh yeah, and she made this cute crab hoodie to put over her model to match the fan art in the thumbnail too. ?

2DnFeni.pngE6uM4HQ.jpg

On the Hololive side of things, there was the Gura's Big Brain Games stream. That was actually the redux of it because the first time she tried it there were too many technical issues and it got postponed. I was kind of distracted at the time, so I didn't catch too much of what was happening, but I did see they did a fake commercial break. ? Mumei also studied before the stream by looking up questions for 'Are You Smarter than a 5th Grader?' which is kinda cute. ?

And speaking of Mumei, she did a stream about a week ago where she drew props for herself, and it was funny when she put the nerd face of herself in the hoodie thing she drew. ?

8he2SDQ.png

Oh yeah, and she did a variety stream this week as well where the gun prop was revealed that she proceeded to threaten chat with. ?

Edited by Undead Wolf
  • Like 3

Gura had her live 3D concert today which was nice to see. It was mostly JP girls that sang with her but she had Kronii sing too albeit Kronii was just a cardboard cut-out since she doesn't have a 3D model and after some banter Gura picked her up and threw her away off screen ? Along with that she had an animation that played at the start which she uploaded as its own video.

So yeah I guess these are the projects she said she was working on and why she was busy most of the time to where she would only stream like once a week. She still needs to answer for not giving Mumei a birthday message though ?

Other than that I watched Airi play Dark Souls and now she's beaten pretty much every boss except Gwyn including the DLC ones. At the end of the stream she said she was considering Nioh 2 or Sekiro which should be fun but she would probably get filtered by them pretty hard especially since Nioh 2 has a learning curve that's kind of hard to overcome if you aren't familiar with the stats on the equipment and such. If she does Sekiro I think it would be funny if she managed to go through that as well as she did the Dark Souls DLC bosses.

Shiina played Ace Combat 7 on YouTube (changed from Twitch for reasons I didn't hear) and used her HOTAS joystick but she struggled a lot on the first Score Attack mission the game makes you do which I guess is fair because those missions even on Normal can be difficult because of the high score requirement and there basically being no checkpoints ? She also did a collab with Airi in Minecraft where it was basically two hags learning Minecraft. And lastly she played Dark Souls 3 and beat three bosses in one stream and I think beat Aldrich in one or two tries. The second Gundyr fight made her mald pretty hard though ?

Lastly Pippa played Fall Guys with viewers. I think she intended to play Among Us too but got too distracted and just stuck with Fall Guys. It was funny though because Lisa from Tsunderia joined in the call for a bit and there was a moment where Pippa was bragging about how good she was and that she intentionally lost because she said one player was a Make a Wish kid and Lisa got onto her ?

Edited by Redgrave
  • Like 3

Not feeling much motivation to watch the VOD's lately. The anniversary streams, the 3D concerts, Holocure update, and such that all happen at around 3-8 AM for me.

I've been mostly tuning in to whoever is online when I'm awake. Pekora is playing the next DQ Monsters game, watched some of that. Some Holomembers have been doing Nintendo Direct Watch-alongs, I watched the latest one with Baelz. 

I saw that Nyanners is playing through MGS games. Joined her stream for the first time in a while to watch her play the beginning of MGS2. As expected, she spent at least 10 minutes kissing the poster inside the locker, taking photos, and talking to Otacon about it ?.

Last night, there was another unarchived karaoke stream on Fauna's channel. This time, the theme was Indie-rock music. There were plenty of songs that I know and enjoy: 505, Take Me Out, Black Sheep (Watame showed up when she was singing this one and was UUUU-ing alongside Fauna in the chat), and even Karma Police, although I don't know if that one qualifies as Indie lol. Anyway, great one, as always, even though YouTube-kun started misbehaving mid-stream for what felt like half an hour.

• Like 3

On 18/09/2022 at 7:25 AM, Redgrave said:

Gura had her live 3D concert today which was nice to see. It was mostly JP girls that sang with her but she had Kronii sing too albeit Kronii was just a cardboard cut-out since she doesn't have a 3D model and after some banter Gura picked her up and threw her away off screen 1f604.png Along with that she had an animation that played at the start which she uploaded as its own video.

So yeah I guess these are the projects she said she was working on and why she was busy most of the time to where she would only stream like once a week. She still needs to answer for not giving Mumei a birthday message though ?

The quality of that animation is insane, especially when you consider it was made by a (literally who?) USA-based studio with animators from all over the world. If you told me it was made by a well-known Japanese animation studio, I would have believed it. I just got done watching Gura's watchalong stream for it where she discussed the process. Supposedly it had been worked on for a whole year, and I can believe it. Gura was saying how they were actually fans of her/Hololive and remembered things about her streams that even she forgot. Like she asked why one of the hoodies in her wardrobe was green, and they told her it was from one of her GTA streams where she colour changed it. ? It was really cool seeing other Holos appear in it too. I think my favourite guest appearance had to be Subaru and her cool (?) duck companion. ?

Look at the pure smugness of this lass. Love it!

GkLDwe3.gif

Also, mandatory UOHHHHHH! ?????

b6L3gNi.png VcpFrtE.png uBOvnt9.png

But yeah, the concert was great as well. It's nice to see these projects she's always talking about come to fruition. On the follow up stream, she was talking about how the setlist was originally supposed to be more than double what it ended up being, but management made her split it up... Management HATE! Still though, it was cool seeing her perform alongside a bunch of the JP's. I'm glad that we at least still have Gura in HoloEN taking the whole idol thing seriously.

• Like 3

On 20.09.2022 at 5:23 AM, Undead Wolf said:

with animators from all over the world

I saw a post from a Russian-speaking guy saying he worked on the animation too. And showed some process pics without colour. I was surprised to see that.

EDIT:

Saw the last few hours of Nyanners' final MGS2 stream, I had to see the ending part. She said she loved the game and was excited to start Snake Eater. I always enjoy seeing people play this series for the first time. Pomu contunes to play through the series and has already reached MGSV - she finished Ground Zeroes recently. Meanwhile, Ironmouse beat Metal Gear Rising a few days ago. Looks like Metal Gear is thriving outside of Hololive ?.

On the Hololive front, I've watched Kaela play NFS: Hot Pursuit Remastered a few times. You rarely see Holo members, or VTubers in general stream racing games that are not Mario Kart, so it was cool to see her not only play a car game, but also go for every gold medal on time challenges.

And also checked out a VOD of most recent Magni Dezmond's drawing stream. Didn't watch the whole process, but I liked the results. He even drew a short animation.

Edited by Slava
  • Like 2