VTuber Megathread

Ryudi1998

The Haachama & Coco situation is really shitty. I understand Hololive have a Chinese branch and have to protect their talent their too, but this is a perfect example of why companies shouldn't get involved with China in the first place. I've seen the offending clip and in no way was that worth a 3 week suspension. They were thrown under the bus to appease China, no two ways about it.

Now I've seen a lot of backlash for this on Twitter and rightly so, but there are also people encouraging others to go into the Hololive member stream chats and start talking about the situation, bringing up Taiwan, Hong Kong, etc. I wish these people would fuck off quite honestly because they don't know what they're talking about. This is an issue to take up with Cover Corp, not the talent themselves. They aren't responsible for what happened and are just trying to make a living. Doing shit like that is only going to increase the chance of them getting into trouble.

Also, I'm subbed to a bunch of vtuber clip channels on YouTube, and apparently this Hololive Moments channel I was subbed to are shills for the Chinese Communist Party, so just a heads up.

• Like 3

On 28.9.2020 at 2:54 PM, Undead Wolf said:

Also, I'm subbed to a bunch of vtuber clip channels on YouTube, and apparently this Hololive Moments channel I was subbed to are shills for the Chinese Communist Party, so just a heads up.

Here are some good (and CCP-free) alternatives: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1GVKtNSz4zqRNPfqv-ZLmDj_8sm71ndaL2B1q-cg0CG8/edit?usp=sharing

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

So Gura just became the first Hololive vtuber to reach a million YouTube subscribers. Pretty incredible, especially since it's only been a little over a month since her debut. 

iXWUYu5.png

16 minutes ago, Suminya said:

And here's her reaction.

Spoiler

Aww, she's so humble. Doesn't believe it's real until she sees it herself. ? I enjoyed this little Twitter interaction involving Xbox (who now own id Software).

HjzgetM.png

• Like 3

*Sad Doggo noises*

On 22.10.2020 at 8:24 PM, scemopagliaccioh said:

I don't get it.

Is it an AI doing a stream? Or a real human roleplaying  as an anime character?

Geez, I feel old, this is so bizarre.

Yeah, there's a real person behind every Vtuber. It's also pretty easy to become one yourself. All you really need (besides a Live2D model) is something like FaceRig, its optional Live2D module and a proper webcam. I tested it with one of the included stock models, and it works quite well.

• Like 4

• 2 months later...

What do I think of Vtubers? Trash, bottom of the barrel entertainment, I mean it's a guy on the other end with a voice modifier...and simps throw money at them hoping to get noticed, I find that hilarious. I tried giving them a go back in August but couldn't do it, their eyes flickering a million times a second, the creepy ass permanent smile...garbage. I expect I'll get some flack for this from the usual suspects but carry on, I don't plan on visiting this thread again. 

• Like 2

Haters aside, 2021 is starting off pretty strong with the streams ? Amelia Watson did a New Years countdown stream which was fun to watch because she played Fallout 4 and sang along to the songs on the radio. ? She was also nice enough to make a ticket for a good year. For being a gremlin at times she has a heart of gold.

X6IWHUh.png

Pekora is also streaming Yakuza 0 and she seems to love it so I hope this means she will do a full playthrough.

I think the chat had to remind her that she can do Heat moves because she kept neglecting them until a certain point but I can't be too harsh on the funny rabbit especially since as far as I know this is her first time playing the games. She also did pretty well against Kuze, so I hope she's prepared to face him another four times. ?

She also had a really great reaction to Majima's introduction ?

Along with that, Pikamee is streaming Dark Souls III so I'm glad she's playing that after watching her play the first Dark Souls. Poor girl was stuck on Vordt for a while but she's trying her best-o. ?

I also hope this means she will play Bloodborne some time in the future since before she started streaming Dark Souls III I was thinking it would be cool if she played either that or Bloodborne.

So yeah lots of stuff to look forward to and it's nice to see them all still going strong. ?

Edited by Redgrave
  • Like 3

Honestly...there is something off about them...all of them, I don't know what it is but Vtubers just give me a bad vibes plus I think that this is just a phase thing the internet is going through. I would say within a few more months or maybe a year these Vtubers will either stop uploading/livestreaming or people will just simply move on to something else. 

Edited by Cal

*Snap*
Yep. This one's going in my "out of touch boomer" collection.
E15JIJD.png

Some of my favourite streams as of late have been Amelia's LA Noire playthrough. It suits her well since she *is* a detective after all. ?

Some talented individual made a crossover between Hololive EN and Jujutsu Kaisen's ending. It's just a work in progress right now, but it's already so good. I look forward to the finished version.

Yeah, she's winning alright. ?

• Like 3

I tried watching vtubers just to understand what the hype is about (and because YouTube deemed worthy to suddenly bombard me with recommendations, what the hell algorithm-chan! ), but other than a funny 30 seconds clip of a girl with dog ears failing to defuse a bomb, this is definitely not for me :D I will remain in the cosy manga realm. 

On 10/22/2020 at 11:24 AM, scemopagliaccioh said:

I don't get it.

Is it an AI doing a stream? Or a real human roleplaying  as an anime character?

Geez, I feel old, this is so bizarre.

On 1/2/2021 at 1:42 PM, Venocide said:

What do I think of Vtubers? Trash, bottom of the barrel entertainment, I mean it's a guy on the other end with a voice modifier...and simps throw money at them hoping to get noticed, I find that hilarious. I tried giving them a go back in August but couldn't do it, their eyes flickering a million times a second, the creepy ass permanent smile...garbage. I expect I'll get some flack for this from the usual suspects but carry on, I don't plan on visiting this thread again. 

On 1/2/2021 at 9:14 PM, Desomorphin said:

Never bothered with Vtubers

YouTube tries desperatly to recommend them to me but it's just not my cup of tea

On 1/2/2021 at 7:52 PM, Quink666 said:

Never heard of a Vtuber before i read this thread. I would probably kill myself within 30 minutes of watching one. Thank god i didn't know what they were for so long.

On 1/3/2021 at 0:57 AM, Copanele said:

I tried watching vtubers just to understand what the hype is about (and because YouTube deemed worthy to suddenly bombard me with recommendations, what the hell algorithm-chan! ), but other than a funny 30 seconds clip of a girl with dog ears failing to defuse a bomb, this is definitely not for me :D I will remain in the cosy manga realm. 

I have to agree with all of you. It's no different than watching a bunch of stupid kids on TikTok with a voice modifer and a shitty song to go with their video clips.

Maybe I'm just out of touch or I'm now in my 30s and I'm no longer a kid. I tried watching these Vtubers the other night and..... yeah. I'll stick to traditional streamers and Let's Players.

These Vtubers make PewDiePie, DarkSydePhil and JackSepticEye look like top grade material.

• Like 3

Nice to see you guys are still enjoying the Vtubers. ^_^

Personally, I haven't been checking on their content too much lately. For once, there are way too many of them to choose from and not all of their personalities fit with me. One other thing is that I've also been using my time on YouTube to pursue other types of videos, so that means less time for me watching Vtubers. That being said, I still watch the odd Korone or Okayu video YouTube recommends to me on a frequent basis. The only one that I'm watching a bit more frequently than the others is Nyanners if only because of her crazy antics and soothing English voice that is easier to understand for me. A good chunk of the English Hololive members have also caught my attention, particularly the shark girl that everyone seems to love, but I haven't made any real effort into watching any of her content.

Anyway, I still watch them from time but my interest in them has certainly diminished somewhat in favor of other content on YouTube. That being said, I'm glad that there are some of you who are still following them religiously and enjoying their content on a frequent basis. They're kind of an acquired taste you know, not everyone is going to be able to enjoy them for what they are. I might try to go deeper into them again at some point, but at the moment, I'm happy with only seeing a few highlights of the one I've grown most fond of every now and then. :)

tenor.gif 

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

I knew what V-Tuber were but never really watched them until well this week? xD

I found this thread and decided to check out some of them and they are actually pretty fun and enjoyable to watch!

I really really like Pekora, it's a lot of fun to watch her and Aqua to, plus they both are actually pretty good in what they play and i saw so far (Which is not much but Aphex for Aqua and Yakuza 0 + Various games for Pekora) which is really nice, it would get kinda boring if they weren't and were just playing randomly for jokes.

So, definitively gonna watch more of them!

I checked out some english ones too but i don't know, it's strange, like watching an Anime in English xD

I only enjoy Gura in English she has a soft voice which is nice to hear so i'll see her from time to time i guess!

• Like 4

The Crazy Rabbit of Dojima has start Yakuza Kiwami ? She really liked Nishikiyama in Yakuza 0 so I look forward to her reactions seeing him in Kiwami. That and how she will deal with the Majima Everywhere system. ?

• Like 2

Everyone's favourite shark recently hit 2 million subs on YouTube. That's a lot of Chumbuds! Truly people of refined taste. Antis are *seething* right now. ?

IulriW8.png

Her celebration stream was pretty special. She sang a lot her senpai's songs and even had a few heartfelt things to say as well. It was really nice. ❤️

Amelia and Mori are both pretty close to 1 million subs as well. Ina and Kiara aren't too far off eitherMakes me happy to see they're all doing so well. They deserve it. ?

Oh, and Ame's birthday was earlier this month and she released some merch to celebrate. I ordered the pillow and stickers myself. ?

58780a13-687f-45c9-84c5-432cd3587327_base_resized.jpg

• Like 4

• 4 weeks later...

Hololive made a big announcement today. Basically, they're creating their own fictional universe for the girls called 'Hololive Alternative', and that sets the stage for a lot of cool things to come. The teaser video is amazing. ❤️

Fun fact: Calli's the one who's singing in the video. But yeah, I guess they really are anime girls now. ? This news came alongside an announcement for a manga series set in that world which I suspect will eventually get adapted into a proper anime series. Personally, I'm hoping we eventually get a Hololive RPG set in this world where we get to play as all our favourite girls. That's the dream. ?

Since I'm here, I might as well mention that everyone's favourite ground-pounding detective just recently hit 1 million subs on YouTube. It happened while she was streaming Oblivion, so it seems like it has become a sort of tradition with Hololive EN members to hit big milestones playing Bethesda games. Todd Howard wins again. ?

CXIYs0a.png

Also, @Ryudi1998, is there any chance you could change the title of this thread to something like "VTuber Megathread" or "VTuber Discussion Thread"? The conversation here has long since evolved past the question posed in the original post. I think it's better as a more all-encompassing topic.

Edited by Undead Wolf
  • Like 4

3 hours ago, Undead Wolf said:

Hololive made a big announcement today. Basically, they're creating their own fictional universe for the girls called 'Hololive Alternative', and that sets the stage for a lot of cool things to come. The teaser video is amazing. ❤️

Fun fact: Calli's the one who's singing in the video. But yeah, I guess they really are anime girls now. ? This news came alongside an announcement for a manga series set in that world which I suspect will eventually get adapted into a proper anime series. Personally, I'm hoping we eventually get a Hololive RPG set in this world where we get to play as all our favourite girls. That's the dream. ?

Since I'm here, I might as well mention that everyone's favourite ground-pounding detective just recently hit 1 million subs on YouTube. It happened while she was streaming Oblivion, so it seems like it has become a sort of tradition with Hololive EN members to hit big milestones playing Bethesda games. Todd Howard wins again. ?

CXIYs0a.png

Also, @Ryudi1998, is there any chance you could change the title of this thread to something like "VTuber Megathread" or "VTuber Discussion Thread"? The conversation here has long since evolved past the question posed in the original post. I think it's better as a more all-encompassing topic.

It's nice to see Hololive Alternative become a thing. It would be nice if it did become something of an anime series and I would also welcome a game since some of them did get to be in the new Neptunia game after all. Considering the different variety of weirdness from the girls it would be funny to see what kind of story could happen in a game ?

Edited by Redgrave
  • Like 2

15 hours ago, Undead Wolf said:

Sure man. It's been months since I made a post here and that was my first thread so I didn't know how to do it properly lol

And for these two gentlemans arguing here: I'm pretty sure that neither of you are going to "understand" each other so... It's better to just stop.

Also thanks @Undead Wolf for the callout to change the topic's title. We are not going to get any antis here anymore (I hope)

This "Hololive Alternative" is making a game rn, I think. I went to their website and they are searching for:

ご職能 *                                                               - Function*

イラストレーター                                               - Illustrator 

サウンドクリエイター                                        - Sound Creator

マンガ家                                                             - Manga Creator

シナリオライター                                               - Scenario Writer

アニメ制作関係業務者(アニメーターなど)    - Anime production related workers (animators, etc.)

ゲーム制作関係業務者(プログラマーなど)    - Game production related workers (programmers, etc.)

*I used my poor japanese and some google translator

But idk, maybe they are making an anime and after that they are going to make a game?

I mean, those cinematics are insane? there is no way that they will keep that up for 24 min

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Ryudi1998 said:

Sure man. It's been months since I made a post here and that was my first thread so I didn't know how to do it properly lol

Also thanks @Undead Wolf for the callout to change the topic's title. We are not going to get any antis here anymore (I hope)

I appreciate that, buddy. ? I think the title worked well enough initially, but at this point, all it really served to do is give antis an open invitation to post their negativity. Nothing better to do I guess... ? Plus, the new title is a lot more representative of what us regular posters have been using it for these past months. 

This "Hololive Alternative" is making a game rn, I think. I went to their website and they are searching for:

ご職能 *                                                               - Function*

イラストレーター                                               - Illustrator 

サウンドクリエイター                                        - Sound Creator

マンガ家                                                             - Manga Creator

シナリオライター                                               - Scenario Writer

アニメ制作関係業務者(アニメーターなど)    - Anime production related workers (animators, etc.)

ゲーム制作関係業務者(プログラマーなど)    - Game production related workers (programmers, etc.)

*I used my poor japanese and some google translator

But idk, maybe they are making an anime and after that they are going to make a game?

I mean, those cinematics are insane1f525.png there is no way that they will keep that up for 24 min

Oh, nice find! Maybe the dream of a Hololive RPG isn't so far-fetched after all then. ? As for the anime, yeah, it would be kind of nuts to have that level of quality for a full-length episode, but maybe they can use that super chat/membership money to hire Ufotable to make it for them. ? I imagine they're going to wait until there's enough material in the manga before the anime adaptation gets made, but still, it's exciting to think about what they'll do with it.

Unrelated to Hololive, but Amatsuka Uto just returned after about a month and a half break with a new song cover. ?

She's an angel (literally) and one of the few independent VTubers I enjoy. She also shares the same Mama as Amelia Watson, so it goes without saying that she's super cute. ❤️

Edited by Undead Wolf
  • Like 2

I know it's well after the fact but since no one has posted them yet, Ame did a stream where she showcased her Valentines Day cards. These are my favorite ones ?

tVc6dKr.png

74NBADQ.png

k5nVdxM.png

The rest of them can be seen on her Twitter here. ?

On the VOMS Project side of things there is some bad news unfortunately where one of the members known as Jitomi Monoe had a "severe breach of contract" and so she got her contract terminated. I don't know much about them beyond Pikamee but I guess her and Pikamee were close so it hurts to hear her cry in her announcement video. ☹️ But in the spirit of posting something positive I'll go ahead and post Pikamee's Resident Evil 1 stream where she braves the Spencer Mansions various zombies and giant spiders ?

I hope she plays RE2 Remake at some point but I think she said she wants to play RE7 and then RE8 when that comes out. It would be nice if Capcom allowed Hololive to stream their games but it doesn't seem like they want to for whatever reason. Maybe when RE8 comes out they will change their minds but I would love to see one of them play the other Resident Evil games, mainly just to see them get scared at Mr. X ? But I would also like to see them play other games like Okami, Dragon's Dogma, or Devil May Cry since there's a lot of great moments they can react to. And since I mentioned Devil May Cry I'll leave off with this. ?

• Like 2

On 2/18/2021 at 10:58 AM, Undead Wolf said:

I appreciate that, buddy. ? I think the title worked well enough initially, but at this point, all it really served to do is give antis an open invitation to post their negativity. Nothing better to do I guess... ? Plus, the new title is a lot more representative of what us regular posters have been using it for these past months. 

Oh, nice find! Maybe the dream of a Hololive RPG isn't so far-fetched after all then. ? As for the anime, yeah, it would be kind of nuts to have that level of quality for a full-length episode, but maybe they can use that super chat/membership money to hire Ufotable to make it for them. ? I imagine they're going to wait until there's enough material in the manga before the anime adaptation gets made, but still, it's exciting to think about what they'll do with it.

Unrelated to Hololive, but Amatsuka Uto just returned after about a month and a half break with a new song cover. ?

She's an angel (literally) and one of the few independent VTubers I enjoy. She also shares the same Mama as Amelia Watson, so it goes without saying that she's super cute. ❤️

you forgot to delete a certain comment above dude, you should do that