Ryudi1998

What do you think about Vtubers?

85 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

No, I'm not talking about this, I'm talking about cute anime girls making stream on Youtube!!!

I recently got into HoloLive and these are my favorite vids so far,

I think it's funny/cute their characters, some of them often breaks their character, but this isn't a problem at all!

They play on stream or just chat (we know we just care about cute anime girls 😅)

I'm new about it and I have some questions, like:

How do you watch it?

* On their streams (in japanese) and don't understanding anything, but they are cute so that's ok / if you can speak japanese you are cooooool

* You search "Hololive moments" w/ subtitles 

* I don't even know in which plataform they use; is youtube, right?

Is Vtubers even a thing?

Like, I never heard about it (I knew about A.I though) until 2 weeks ago, is it a big community or just some specific group likes it?

Who is best girl? (better not talk about it)

lol, I know few Hololive members and I want some suggestions of who should I watch (mine is probably Okayu)

And feel free to tell here any other thing about Vtubers in general 😉

Hololive.full.2803503.png

*Sorry Nijisanji fans, I just heard about it now

Edited by Ryudi1998
just added some hidden links with cute pics

VTubers? Anime girls... I'm pretty sure they might have used some CGI or hologram.

Mmm anime girls irl?? Awwe yeah baby. Time to use up those toilet papers...

Posted (edited)

On 22/6/2020 at 8:38 AM, Ryudi1998 said:

How do you watch it?

on twitter in quick meme videos, I don't have time to watch the full thing.

Edited by Katt

What are the odds the majority of these vtubers are just creepy old men putting on a voice? Looks like a good and easy way to make money if you can do that. I think I'll pass on this though.

Posted (edited)

How do these "Vtubers" even work? 😂

Edited by BadRep24

Posted (edited)

6 minutes ago, Astray404 said:

Nals7n.gif

This

Don't ask me what this show is :V

Jameson Laughing - Imgur

It's still funny, in a more sardonic way. 👍 That sounds like a reality I'll be cynically laughing at with a popcorn. 😂

Edited by BadRep24

I don't really pay much attention to Vtubers. The only one who caught my attention is Ai Kizuna, since she is kind of weird and fun, and most of her videos were already translated to several languages. 

But other than her, It's not really my thing.

Been following Nijisanji and Hololive since Jan. 2019. After Ai split off to 4 differrent actresses I kinda fell of the toober scene but then found Tsukino Mito, FBK, and Sora.

I have a fair few I follow but I tend to roll them around. Recently the streams I've watched have been Choco and Watame from Hololive.

Posted (edited)

I've known Vtuber because of the once known as the Queen of Vtubers. I used to watch her and other early Vtubers like Mirai Akari, Kaguya Luna, YomemiGame Club Project and more... But after Kizuna Al replacing her VA and the controversy on the Game Club Project, I've lost interest in Vtubers as a whole.

I've been playing a mobile game named Azur Lane and there was once a collab event for Kizuna Ai and Hololive. Now I've known the catto and Sora-dai-senpai before but I've never knew Hololive before. Before the Hololive event, I've been getting Hololive clips on my YT recommendation. So because of the Hololive event, Im. Scatman and the band-aid bra, it reintroduce me back to Vtubers and gotten deep into it. 

On 6/22/2020 at 8:38 PM, Ryudi1998 said:

'm new about it and I have some questions, like:

How do you watch it?

* On their streams (in japanese) and don't understanding anything, but they are cute so that's ok / if you can speak japanese you are cooooool

* You search "Hololive moments" w/ subtitles 

* I don't even know in which plataform they use; is youtube, right?

1. I've only known a few Japanese words to get the idea but I mostly watch an entire stream if it's a game I'm familiar with, a Vtuber who can speak english or if it's a horror game. For example:

Pekora's Metal Gear Solid series

Amane Kanata's Doki Doki Literature Club

Suzuhara Cthulhu's Last of Us

Hana Matcha speaks Japanese, English and Indonesian

or Natsuiro Masturi's Legendary Scream

Other than what I've mentioned, it's mostly Eng clips not the entire stream.

2. There's a lot of translators out there so if you just search their name, there's a big chance you'll find a Eng sub clips. If not, here's 1 and 2 YT playlist of almost all Vtuber Eng clips. 

3. Well they are called Virtual Youtuber but they are also in Bilibili(a Chinese YT) or maybe in Nico Nico Douga(a Japanese YT) but I'm not sure.

7 hours ago, NZBigC said:

What are the odds the majority of these vtubers are just creepy old men putting on a voice?

I will not say majority or creepy old men but female Vtuber that are actually men, they are out there.

Tsukishita Kaoru

He's a guy.

Fairys Chan

Might be a guy.

So yeah I'm very deep in Vtubers.

Edited by Revvie

Posted (edited)

Spoiler
6 hours ago, Revvie said:

I will not say majority or creepy old men but female Vtuber that are actually men, they are out there.

Tsukishita Kaoru

He's a guy.

Fairys Chan

Might be a guy.

13 hours ago, BadRep24 said:

Jameson Laughing - Imgur

It's still funny, in a more sardonic way. 1f44d.png That sounds like a reality I'll be cynically laughing at with a popcorn. 1f602.png

13 hours ago, Astray404 said:

Nals7n.gif

This

Don't ask me what this show is :V

13 hours ago, NZBigC said:

What are the odds the majority of these vtubers are just creepy old men putting on a voice? Looks like a good and easy way to make money if you can do that. I think I'll pass on this though.

"Sometimes it takes a real man to become best girl."

~ Gigguk

14 hours ago, Gracewave said:

Korone best girl.

uh oh

P.S: I don't care if it is an old man or not, I wish I were a cute anime girl/ a Vtuber tbh (I would be Megumin of course)😘

Edited by Ryudi1998

Posted (edited)

Spoiler
6 hours ago, Revvie said:
13 hours ago, NZBigC said:

What are the odds the majority of these vtubers are just creepy old men putting on a voice?

Tsukishita Kaoru

He's a guy.

Fairys Chan

Might be a guy.

Image result for twilight zone meme | Twilight zone, Twilight ...

Edited by BadRep24

2 hours ago, Ryudi1998 said:

Reveal hidden contents

"Sometimes it takes a real man to become best girl."

~ Gigguk

Quoting wise people, indeed. I saw that video 2 days ago as it was being posted and that comment made me burst into laugher right there. xD

Now, to address the Vtuber thing. YES!!! I actually came across them like a month ago. I was watching some DOOM-related videos, and then YouTube recommended I should watch this cute doggo playing DOOM 64, and I was like, "Yeah, why not?" It was one of the more wholesome videos I've ever watched online. Even though it was only some highlights of her stream, I found it so entertaining and cute to watch. Of course, I'm talking about that same video @Redgrave posted above. Never knew such a cute doggo could bring so much joy into such a dark game... or into anyone's life for that matter.

Back to the questions.

How do you watch it?

I know next to zero Japanese, and their streams are far too long to watch for me. Plus my connection flat out sucks, soooo... What I do is just watch those handy videos some folks kindly subtitle in English for us that conntain mostly highlights of their streams.

Is Vtubers even a thing?

It apparently is a hell deep enough for many of us.

Who is best girl? (better not talk about it)

I haven't really checked them all as there are a ton of them, but so far I really love Korone and Okayu for reasons that are far too obvious for me to explain. :P Incidentally, they also make quite a combination together, but that's just me. :awesome:

0ij6crv7x9i41.jpg

↑ My heart... My heart is hurting right now, lol. 😂

I'm kind of getting a liking to Pekora too, but so far I haven't watched that many videos of her. I can tell that her character is very unique, though.

So yeah, that's what I know about them. Nice to see others here have also had their experiences with them. :) 

Posted (edited)

I love vtubers

Favorites are Korone, Watame, Miko, Lulu, Pekora Pikamee and Marine

Mikos probably my favorite though, her streams are absolutely hilarious and she knows how to stay in character at all times

Edited by DEI2EK

avkf8BJ.png?1

This is some weird shit, not gonna lie. I just can't handle those voices without cringing. But uh... it was certainly an experience to check this out... 

14 hours ago, Undead Wolf said:

Oh, and it's not exactly the same kind of thing, but Projekt Melody is a virtual cam girl. Give it a shot, it might surprise you. :awesome: She streams on Twitch too if that's more to your liking.

Yes, that is what this reminded me of, you glorious degenerate.

My friend told me he enjoys those type of videos and livestreams. I never heard of it before until then, I just think whatever if some people enjoy that. It does no harm, its not messed up so I don’t care. I am personally not interested in those things though.

Posted (edited)

14 minutes ago, SinisterPledge said:

avkf8BJ.png?1

This is some weird shit, not gonna lie. I just can't handle those voices without cringing. But uh... it was certainly an experience to check this out... 

Yes, that is what this reminded me of, you glorious degenerate.

I approve of it. 😂 Tried to watch one of these "gems" and instantly regretted it. Come to think that most of these VTubers are female in their 30s and some grown men are involved in this gives me some pause. But, it's a source of my sadistic entertainment. 👿

Edited by BadRep24

Having trouble choosing a favorite V-tuber? Here I've got a couple of videos that will help in choosing the "right one". :P

You're welcome. :wave:

Posted (edited)

10 minutes ago, Honor_Hand said:

Having trouble choosing a favorite V-tuber? Here I've got a couple of videos that will help in choosing the "right one". :P

You're welcome. :wave:

If I were to sacrifice what is left of my sanity and rationality, then recommend me one.

Edited by BadRep24