VTuber Megathread

Ryudi1998

4 hours ago, Honor_Hand said:

Hmm, I'd probably recommend Korone, Sakura Miko, and Houshou Marine, since they seem to "click" with most people, but that's just my impression.

From that video above, I got an interest in checking out Shirakami Fubuki and Ookami Mio. I already like Korone and Okayu from the gamer squad, so I might as well check the others.

I'll probably have to reverse engineer myself into favouring these VTubers before I might develop a like for them. But I thank ya for the suggestion, I suppose.

Edited by BadRep24
  • Like 1

Since today (July 22) marks Matsuri's birthday IRL, here's a small appreciation post for our favourite lolicon and her amazing singing voice.

Also, her birthday stream with Luna went live like 45 minutes ago.

• Like 4

Speaking of debuts, Matsuri, Fubuki, and Shion are getting new Live2D models pretty soon. Shion's gonna be the first one (her stream starts in about 9 hours), then comes Fubuki an hour later, and another hour later it's Matsuri's turn.

The "waiting rooms" for Shion and Matsuri are already live, Fubuki's will probably follow later.

EDIT: And here's Fubuki.

Edited by Hanamaru Kunikida
  • Like 2

A fourth member of Hololive is getting a new Live2D model. Aki is probably one of the more underrated hololivers (she also has the lowest sub count within Hololive iirc), but she's still a great streamer and singer (and here's proof of that). Show her some love and subscribe to her if you haven't already, she definitely deserves it.

Marine's birthday is also coming up. The old pirate is getting even older.

Last but not least: Here's a reminder for the Blu-Ray of Hololive's 1st Live Festival. You can still order it on booth.pm for 8,000 Yen + shipping.

8i2XqFI.png

• Like 2

I really don't like the idea of me hijacking this thread, but I just wanted to say that I updated my previous post with a link to a status page, so you can easily keep track of the reviewing progress on each channel.

Also, if you want to take part in a "Get well"-letter for Miko, who's currently on hiatus due to her chronic illness, either by writing or by drawing something for her, here's your chance (Submissions are open until August 9, 11:59 PM): https://www.youtube.com/post/UgzXqmS7RRAJQD679l54AaABCQ

Her hiatus was also announced just a day before her 2nd anniversary on Youtube, and she just managed to hit 400,000 subscribers as well. Two things she couldn't properly celebrate with her fans. FeelsBadMan

Here's a throwback to her 1st anniversary from last year:

• Like 2

"This is getting out of hand, now there are five of them"

Say hello to the members of Hololive's 5th generation:

And they're already debuting next week, from August 12 onwards until August 16, on each day at 21:00 (9:00 PM) JST. Yukihana Lamy will kick things off, followed by Momosuzu Nene, Shishiro Botan, Mano Aloe, and Omaru Polka will be your host on the final day. They're also pretty active on Twitter already, already interacting with their fans and senpais. And after just a few hours of knowing them, I think I already found my best girl, lol.

But wait, there's more: Nijisanji is also getting a new generation!

Here's the timetable for their debuts:

Suo Sango: August 9, 12:00 (Noon) JST
Kitakoji Hisui: August 9, 13:00 (1:00 PM) JST
Asahina Akane: August 10, 13:00 (1:00 PM) JST
Todo Kohaku: August 10, 14:00 (2:00 PM) JST
Nishizono Chigusa: August 10, 15:00 (3:00 PM) JST

• Like 4

It truly is getting out of hand. It looks to me that these Japanese companies might have realized there's so much untapped potential here, a virtual gold mine even, and so, we're now seeing waves after waves of new virtual YouTubers coming left and right. Honestly, I'm still trying to get a hand at some of them. ?

In regards to the copyright issue mentioned above, the last thing I read was that at least Nintendo had already given their blessings for Cover Corp (the company behind Hololive) to continue using their games on their streams. I really don't want to read much into the copyright business because that gives me all sorts of headaches, but I hope they can sort all those issues in order to continue providing fans with their unique and entertaining streams online.

And, on a bit of unrelated news, there's a Fubuki figure I have my eyes on coming this December. Part of me wants it, but I already have another pre-order for that month and, well, it's Christmas too you know. I don't know if I can't afford to put money down on this one just yet. This is the cute cat/fox/alien figure I was talking about. ;3

1002165.jpg

Now that merch will be coming out. Here's hoping we get to see one for Korone and another one for Okayu as well. I'd jump on those in heartbeat. :awesome:

• Like 2

Aren't we already past the pre-order deadline for Fubuki anyway? I'm pretty sure pre-orders were only open until July 30, at least on the official GSC online store. Personally, I don't like her figure that much, something's bothering me about her design, but for some reason, I can't say what exactly it actually is. I mean, I really like Fubuki herself, but her figure probably wouldn't have made me happy if I had bought it. The live blu-ray on the other hand, that was a no-brainer - 8,800 Yen well spent.

There's also one more thing I'm eager to get my hands on. GSC needs to hurry up though, I really want (and need) a small Matsuri on my desk as soon as possible.

aiKAVxu.jpg

Also, I want a figure (or at least a nendoroid) of Ayunda Risu and Airani Iofifteen from Hololive Indonesia. They're both interesting in their own rights, Risu for example is the secret love child of Korone and Okayu. She's scaringly good at imitating Okayu and her laugh sounds almost like Korone's (and her "Ara, ara~" is way too powerful). Iofi on the other hand mostly does art-related stuff, but since she can speak four different languages (including German, I never heard someone from Asia speak proper German before) and is currently learning a fifth, she also often holds classes in those languages. She even held a special Japanese class once for those, who can't speak Japanese, but still want to support their favourite Japanese Vtuber.

She also can sing rather well, despite her saying that she can't. I just can't enough of her cover of  "Alien, Alien" , lol. And here's a small bonus for those who belong to Team Imouto.

Edited by Hanamaru Kunikida
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Hanamaru Kunikida said:

Aren't we already past the pre-order deadline for Fubuki anyway? I'm pretty sure pre-orders were only open until July 30, at least on the official GSC online store. Personally, I don't like her figure that much, something's bothering me about her design, but for some reason, I can't say what exactly it actually is. I mean, I really like Fubuki herself, but her figure probably wouldn't have made me happy if I had bought it. The live blu-ray on the other hand, that was a no-brainer - 8,800 Yen well spent.

She's still available for grabs on AmiAmi's website. :)

Yeah, some people have raised concerns with the way her arms and hands look, I think? I personally don't see anything wrong with her. Then again, I usually have lower standards when it comes to spotting stuff like this, so it may be due to that. Price-wise she's okay for the scale. I actually like her color combination and cheerful pose. I'm not that big of a Fubuki fan myself, but the highlights I've seen of her have been to my liking so far. ^^

Nice purchase there. ;)

Also, I want a figure (or at least a nendoroid) of Ayunda Risu and Airani Iofifteen from Hololive Indonesia.

I see you're finally pursuing that dream of getting a collection of figures for your place. I reckon a hololive collection of Nendoroids would look lovely and wouldn't clutter your space much. :D

I still haven't dipped my toes into Hololive Indonesia or Hololive China. I feel I already have my plate full as it is with Japan, even if the other girls look just as great. I may give them a go eventually if I see some good highlights of them on YouTube.

And here's a small bonus for those who belong to Team Imouto.

You have my deepst thanks for sharing that piece there for Team Imouto. We're really pleased with this submission. My heart thumped heavily for a second there after listening to it. So much untapped imouto potential right there. That girl is going to soar high with that talent. xD

Before I go to the main part, here's some news regarding Mio (it's quite long, so I'll put it in a spoiler).

Spoiler

Mio announced on her Twitter that she will be taking a one month break from live streaming activities, thanks to a copyright strike by Capcom, that was seemingly caused by her playing Ghost Trick on the Nintendo DS during one of her live streams.

Part 1:

kIe1jaV.png

Translation:

I deeply apologize to the fans and those I work with regarding the copyright issues surrounding my past YouTube live streams. The management and I are currently in talks with the rights holders about making amends and preventing future problems.

Part 2 (Continuation of the previous tweet):

RpURNeK.png

Translation:

After discussing my future activities with the management, I have decided to take a month-long break from live streaming to focus on learning more about copyrights, while my videos are being reviewed. The exact date of my return has not been decided yet, but I'm doing my best to ensure that I can stream with no issues upon my return.

Part 3 (Regarding Twitter):

JAbueDg.png

Translation:

I'm terribly sorry to have caused everyone a lot of concern.

I may take a one month break from live streaming, but after consulting with the management, I will at least continue to carry out activities on Twitter.

Please keep reading my Tweets, if you happen to enjoy them.

Thank you for your support.

And here's some better news regarding Towa: https://www.youtube.com/post/UgxW9Odepac2IwMPno94AaABCQ

If anyone has trouble watching the original video on bilibili, here's my unlisted Youtube re-upload. I took a literal bullet for it (thanks Sony Music Entertainment Japan), so I hope it was worth it.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On 7.8.2020 at 4:50 AM, Honor_Hand said:

I see you're finally pursuing that dream of getting a collection of figures for your place. I reckon a hololive collection of Nendoroids would look lovely and wouldn't clutter your space much. :D

I always had a soft spot for Nendos (as I like to call them), with my most recent addition just being a few weeks old. A full set of Hololive Nendos on the other hand, oh my... I would probably go as far as to build a custom stage for them, just to present them in a fitting fashion. They're still idols after all. ^^

On 7.8.2020 at 4:50 AM, Honor_Hand said:

I still haven't dipped my toes into Hololive Indonesia or Hololive China. I feel I already have my plate full as it is with Japan, even if the other girls look just as great. I may give them a go eventually if I see some good highlights of them on YouTube.

Personally, I don't have that much of an interest in Hololive China, even though they seem to produce decent content over there. Watching Artia teaching her viewers the origins of Pepe the Frog was quite entertaining. Even I learned a thing or two. Still, I just can't stand the language itself and don't like how it sounds (says the person who has chinese content on their Youtube channel, lol). I understand a bit of Chinese, but I have absolutely no intention of learning it for real. Four languages are more than enough at this point.

From what I've heard, Hololive Indonesia seems to be getting a second generation either late this year or in early 2021. Really looking forward to Risu and Iofi getting some kouhais. Risu also just managed to hit 100k subscribers yesterday, she's the first member of Hololive ID who accomplished this feat. And just a few hours before hitting the big number, she posted this on her channel...

Gotta love this crazy squirrel, lol. She also sibling-zoned her viewers a while ago, so technically all her viewers are her sisters and brothers. One big family. xD

By the way, I just realized something about Hololive's Gen 5 while looking at their personal details. There are two Scorpio's in there, and Lamy (the blue-haired one) is probably the closest I'll ever get to share a birthday with one of them.

QB6veyO.png

Even if I were to convert my exact time of birth to JST, it would still be November 14, since I was born early in the morning. *cries*

• Like 2

Why would I watch these when I could watch - you know, anime? Imo, it's typical internet memebait humor and I do find the spam annoying. People can have their fun, but overdo it (i.e. spam links all day every day in your non-vtuber oriented discord groups) and it will reflect negatively. Not a fan, but I guess its more due to the zealots than the actual content creators.