Ryudi1998

What do you think about Vtubers?

85 posts in this topic

Imagine showing your YT analytics on stream and getting suspended for it, just because someone in China didn't like to see Taiwan listed as an independent country.

#HaachamaAndCocoDidNothingWrong

Edited by Suminya

4 hours ago, Suminya said:

Imagine showing your YT analytics on stream and getting suspended for it, just because someone in China didn't like to see Taiwan listed as an independent country.

#HaachamaAndCocoDidNothingWrong

<video snip>

Yeah it's really dumb they got suspended over that and I wish they didn't. However I see people trying to post stuff about Taiwan in other chats which is an incredibly stupid idea. Like I get the sentiment since I think the Chinese government sucks ass too but doing that is just going to get those that aren't involved caught in the crossfire and I would hate to see more get suspended or banned because of it.

The Haachama & Coco situation is really shitty. I understand Hololive have a Chinese branch and have to protect their talent their too, but this is a perfect example of why companies shouldn't get involved with China in the first place. I've seen the offending clip and in no way was that worth a 3 week suspension. They were thrown under the bus to appease China, no two ways about it.

Now I've seen a lot of backlash for this on Twitter and rightly so, but there are also people encouraging others to go into the Hololive member stream chats and start talking about the situation, bringing up Taiwan, Hong Kong, etc. I wish these people would fuck off quite honestly because they don't know what they're talking about. This is an issue to take up with Cover Corp, not the talent themselves. They aren't responsible for what happened and are just trying to make a living. Doing shit like that is only going to increase the chance of them getting into trouble.

Also, I'm subbed to a bunch of vtuber clip channels on YouTube, and apparently this Hololive Moments channel I was subbed to are shills for the Chinese Communist Party, so just a heads up.

On 9/28/2020 at 5:54 AM, Undead Wolf said:

The Haachama & Coco situation is really shitty. I understand Hololive have a Chinese branch and have to protect their talent their too, but this is a perfect example of why companies shouldn't get involved with China in the first place. I've seen the offending clip and in no way was that worth a 3 week suspension. They were thrown under the bus to appease China, no two ways about it.

Now I've seen a lot of backlash for this on Twitter and rightly so, but there are also people encouraging others to go into the Hololive member stream chats and start talking about the situation, bringing up Taiwan, Hong Kong, etc. I wish these people would fuck off quite honestly because they don't know what they're talking about. This is an issue to take up with Cover Corp, not the talent themselves. They aren't responsible for what happened and are just trying to make a living. Doing shit like that is only going to increase the chance of them getting into trouble.

Also, I'm subbed to a bunch of vtuber clip channels on YouTube, and apparently this Hololive Moments channel I was subbed to are shills for the Chinese Communist Party, so just a heads up.

It's a bunch of people being overly sensitive.

I wish far less people in this world weren't so fucking politically minded. Making a mountain out of a molehill, that's the best way to describe this situation in a nutshell.

On 28.9.2020 at 2:54 PM, Undead Wolf said:

Here are some good (and CCP-free) alternatives: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1GVKtNSz4zqRNPfqv-ZLmDj_8sm71ndaL2B1q-cg0CG8/edit?usp=sharing

So Gura just became the first Hololive vtuber to reach a million YouTube subscribers. Pretty incredible, especially since it's only been a little over a month since her debut. 

iXWUYu5.png

16 minutes ago, Suminya said:

And here's her reaction.

Spoiler

Aww, she's so humble. Doesn't believe it's real until she sees it herself. 😄 I enjoyed this little Twitter interaction involving Xbox (who now own id Software).

HjzgetM.png

I don't get it.

Is it an AI doing a stream? Or a real human roleplaying  as an anime character?

Geez, I feel old, this is so bizarre.

*Sad Doggo noises*

On 22.10.2020 at 8:24 PM, scemopagliaccioh said:

I don't get it.

Is it an AI doing a stream? Or a real human roleplaying  as an anime character?

Geez, I feel old, this is so bizarre.

Yeah, there's a real person behind every Vtuber. It's also pretty easy to become one yourself. All you really need (besides a Live2D model) is something like FaceRig, its optional Live2D module and a proper webcam. I tested it with one of the included stock models, and it works quite well.