Question in regards to gold edition

DaveMcDamage

On 6/22/2020 at 6:05 PM, DaveMcDamage said:

Yeah I saw something about hostages in the briefing. How is it you do that stage because from the vid I couldn't tell what was going on. Do you have to kill the main targets within a certain time or are they stood near hostages and you have to carefully shoot? The other map had another demand but can't remember what it was off the top of my head, it was the Siberia map I think.

It's been a while since I played that map (Singapore), but I think to clear the mission, you have to kill the three main targets while ensuring that the hostages survive.  If the alarm is raised, one of the main targets goes to execute the hostages, so you have to either be quiet about it, or fast once the everyone is alerted.  There is also a time limit as the hostages get moved at a certain point.

Of course, if you want the Silent Assassin rating (which has a trophy) then you'll have to kill the main targets and all guards without anyone alerted.  Sword Guy can be killed quickly as he enters the top left (open a container and shoot him into it) and Fat Guy can be killed as he comes down the stairs of the ship to the right (bullet distract his guard and push Fat Guy over the railing with a headshot). The Woman (last main target) is killed relatively late, I think at the base of the ship to the right, by shooting her into the water.

I found the key with all the sniper maps is the first 30 seconds or so. With a good strategy and execution, you can clear a large chunk of the map and route the remaining targets for relatively easy kills.

As I said upthread, thank God you don't need SA to complete the MP.  Shoot the main targets, keep an eye on Sword Guy until dead and any guards near the hostages, and let the guards escape.

Edited by tak_106
clarified which map I was talking about