Pendles Lore - "Hitman for Hire" - Easy Method

dcdimitri7

If you're still trying to complete lore for the Battleborn toons, I found an easier way to knock out the Pendles' "Hitman for Hire" lore in Incursion battles. To complete this lore, you need to use Smoke Bomb 100 times while under any crowd control effect. Most of the guides I've read just say to find a Beastmaster in PvE and farm the lore that way. If you play an Incursion battle on Monuments, there is a enemy Accelerator and a wall you can hide behind and spam the Smoke Bomb that way. The wall blocks the hitbox of the Accelerator so you can repeat this over and over without worrying that your Smoke Bomb will destroy it. This method will take two matches of Incursion to complete but you can get around 60-70 Smoke Bombs off in one match. If you bought the season pass before it was delisted you can use this method whenever. If you are saving up platinum to unlock him then I would wait until he's up in the free rotation and knock it out then.

Start off by creating an Incursion bots battle on Monuments. It doesn't really matter what other settings you choose as you won't really be playing the match. Keep it simple and pick max bots for both teams. I'd recommend bring some Cooldown Reduction Gear of course, as well as Attack Damage and Health Regeneration. Use the Common rarity since that only takes around 400 shards to activate. Once the match starts, exit the spawn point and take a left, head straight towards the enemy sentry. (Pick up any shards you see along the way so you can equip the Cooldown Reduction gear). Upon reaching the sentry, take a left down the corridor that is behind the enemy Accelerator. Now here is where you will spend the rest of the match. 

You will know that you are being slowed from the white "wave" patterns visible on your screen. Once you see this, activate Smoke Bomb. There is a 20-25 sec cooldown between uses depending on what gear you have equipped, but when the skill is ready to be used again, activate and repeat. You can either stay behind this wall for the duration of the match, or you can run out and work on the other lores whenever some minions or enemy Battleborn run by. You can reliably work on both "Kamas" (damage enemies from behind) and "The Pitch" (deal 500 damage after uncloaking 100 times) in this location as well. You can also farm the tentacle slap lore "Word of Warning" here but you have to keep an eye out for enemy Battleborn and try to catch them as they run by. Just don't be an idiot and destroy the Accelerator like I did with your Smoke Bomb. However if you do, there is another one located by the other sentry.

I recorded my attempt at this for a visual aid if needed below. Before the match, I was at 67 of 100 Smoke Bombs, around 38K damage from behind, and around 27 times of 500 damage after uncloaking. At the halfway point of the match, both the "Hitman for Hire" and "Kamas" lores were complete and I got to 42ish of 100 for uncloaking damage. If you already have some saved from the past, once you complete this, you can vote to surrender to end the match early. That way if the stats are not saved you will have only wasted 10-20 minutes instead of 30! I know the servers are, and consistently have been, pretty terrible lately. You really only need one, at most two matches of this, to save for his lore. Then you can knock out the rest of the lores you need in either a private battle with a friend or PvE. Hopefully the servers are a little more reliable between now and the shutdown then you can finish this off real quick without worry of it not saving. Good luck and happy hunting!

• Like 1

Additionally, if you have a boost partner on another console with both of you split screen:

You can get Escape Plan at Level 5 (Takes 6 kills to go from 3 to 5 in Capture).
Near all spawn locations, there is an Accelerator.

Using Miko who will heal Pendles and Miko who will heal your boosting partner:
After Pendles uses Smoke Bomb, your boost partner can hit you to reduce the cooldown timer on Smoke Bomb.
This means you can use Smoke Bomb literally every 3 to 5 seconds.

--

500 damage out of cloak can also be done against Kleese.

Have Kleese continuously drop Energy Rifts on the ground near him.

Using your R1 on Pendles, you can hit both Kleese and all active Energy Rifts on the ground for this to count. As long as all damage done combined is more than 500.

To combo this into the previous thing I had said:
Kleese's Energy Rifts also do damage to you. You can get Level 2 Throw Smoke Grenade and toss it away from Kleese, use your R1 to get the 500 damage out of Cloak and as you get out of Cloak, you're taking damage from Energy Rifts, reducing your Smoke Grenade, run back to the Accelerator and at this point, you have either reduced your Smoke Grenade down to 0s or less than 10s so you can throw ANOTHER Smoke Grenade before your R1 comes back up and repeat.

You can throw Smoke Grenade twice as fast as you can do 500 damage out of Cloak with this method.

On 22.6.2020 at 11:17 PM, dcdimitri7 said:

If you're still trying to complete lore for the Battleborn toons, I found an easier way to knock out the Pendles' "Hitman for Hire" lore in Incursion battles. To complete this lore, you need to use Smoke Bomb 100 times while under any crowd control effect. Most of the guides I've read just say to find a Beastmaster in PvE and farm the lore that way. If you play an Incursion battle on Monuments, there is a enemy Accelerator and a wall you can hide behind and spam the Smoke Bomb that way. The wall blocks the hitbox of the Accelerator so you can repeat this over and over without worrying that your Smoke Bomb will destroy it. This method will take two matches of Incursion to complete but you can get around 60-70 Smoke Bombs off in one match. If you bought the season pass before it was delisted you can use this method whenever. If you are saving up platinum to unlock him then I would wait until he's up in the free rotation and knock it out then.

Start off by creating an Incursion bots battle on Monuments. It doesn't really matter what other settings you choose as you won't really be playing the match. Keep it simple and pick max bots for both teams. I'd recommend bring some Cooldown Reduction Gear of course, as well as Attack Damage and Health Regeneration. Use the Common rarity since that only takes around 400 shards to activate. Once the match starts, exit the spawn point and take a left, head straight towards the enemy sentry. (Pick up any shards you see along the way so you can equip the Cooldown Reduction gear). Upon reaching the sentry, take a left down the corridor that is behind the enemy Accelerator. Now here is where you will spend the rest of the match. 

You will know that you are being slowed from the white "wave" patterns visible on your screen. Once you see this, activate Smoke Bomb. There is a 20-25 sec cooldown between uses depending on what gear you have equipped, but when the skill is ready to be used again, activate and repeat. You can either stay behind this wall for the duration of the match, or you can run out and work on the other lores whenever some minions or enemy Battleborn run by. You can reliably work on both "Kamas" (damage enemies from behind) and "The Pitch" (deal 500 damage after uncloaking 100 times) in this location as well. You can also farm the tentacle slap lore "Word of Warning" here but you have to keep an eye out for enemy Battleborn and try to catch them as they run by. Just don't be an idiot and destroy the Accelerator like I did with your Smoke Bomb. However if you do, there is another one located by the other sentry.

I recorded my attempt at this for a visual aid if needed below. Before the match, I was at 67 of 100 Smoke Bombs, around 38K damage from behind, and around 27 times of 500 damage after uncloaking. At the halfway point of the match, both the "Hitman for Hire" and "Kamas" lores were complete and I got to 42ish of 100 for uncloaking damage. If you already have some saved from the past, once you complete this, you can vote to surrender to end the match early. That way if the stats are not saved you will have only wasted 10-20 minutes instead of 30! I know the servers are, and consistently have been, pretty terrible lately. You really only need one, at most two matches of this, to save for his lore. Then you can knock out the rest of the lores you need in either a private battle with a friend or PvE. Hopefully the servers are a little more reliable between now and the shutdown then you can finish this off real quick without worry of it not saving. Good luck and happy hunting!

Thanks I got all challenges done in three rounds :D Thats a good strategy