what is this game?

11 minutes ago, Juzota said:

It's a video game for Olympic Games that got cancelled due to the coronavirus situation.

The games were rescheduled for next year (23 July to 8 August 2021) but will still keep the 2020 title for marketing and branding purposes such as this.

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, Ilzaki said:

Future historians are going to be baffled that this and Mario are the only records of the 2020 Olympics existing.

Future olympics competitions will actually be done in the video game world

Professional athletes will be a thing of the past

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Phantochi said:

What's the difference between this one and this one that they released last year? Both look exactly the same

It is the same, for some reason they released it in Japan last year and now one year later it looks like the rest of us get it. I really dont understand why. I would gladly have played it last year. 

This thread is just too much.

"Future historians..."

Seriously? We'll all either be dead soon or all of history will be destroyed with the internet kill switch. Don't need to round up all the books of the world to burn if they're all online. "History" is written by the victors, that's why so little of it is known.

1 hour ago, SNACH2497 said:

"History" is written by the victors, that's why so little of it is known.

That's a common refrain, but it's not true. Just one example is from the earliest recordings there are. Egyptians were conquered by everyone in the neighborhood for the last 1,000 years of their dynasty, and we know this from their own Egyptian written record. 

People today are also just too lazy to look for the full history of any event, and actually examining both sides. Hell, most people today don't venture into history beyond the first paragraph of Wikipedia. 

• Like 1

This thread really changed from the Olympics ?

57 minutes ago, PViddy said:

I own this... paid $30 on ebay for it brand new and sealed. I really enjoyed Vancouver 2010 and London 2012. These type of games are alot of fun.

Yeah some of my favourites too. Shame we didn't get one until so late this generation.