anyone playing this?

I have been playing this game again trying to go for platinum... i think im on my 3rd playthrough working on the Astrid ending (everyone @ 100% friendship)... I didn't play with a walkthrough for the first 2 playthroughs so i actually will probably need yet another quick playthrough.

The game is fun but there is one part of the game that i don't like and thats the time limit... plus It shouldn't take a full day to bake a pie or walk to the nearby forest area, lol... but with all that aside the game is relatively easy...

I know most people playing the Atelier games now have moved on to Totori but i thought it would be worth a shot.

if you play them in that order it will be like going back and playing a prequel... i don't think the stories are all that intertwined though so i don't think it matters what order you play them in...

Atelier Iris was my favorite mainly because i don't remember a time limit... and at the time i didn't even know the focus of the game was to synthesize because i had no idea what Atelier meant, lol... but it was still super fun

So... I have been reading a walkthrough and the person who wrote it talks about how easy the game is as if you can get the platinum in one playthrough... i just got done with my 3rd playthrough last night and i beg to differ...

Time management is not something i enjoy in a game because im the slow type who loves to explore the world of my RPGs...

I worked on getting all of my NPCs to friendship level 100 but didn't get any of the "flags" so i didn't get any good endings... in order to get any of the endings you NEED to use a walkthrough because otherwise you won't know what day a certain scene will occur...

Im not going to give up but its frustrating that i have heard from a handful of people that this game is easy when clearly you have to have administrative skills to be able to play it, lol... I usually like to run around and grind for xp and loot but in this game there is no time for doing much of anything if you want to get anything else done

• 7 months later...

Much like you, I read that this game is easy. As is often the case with platinum trophy ratings, people are underestimating it. There is a reason why only 8% of the people on this site that have played this game have earned the platinum trophy. I just finished the game and managed to get all of the endings except for the pie and rich endings. I also did not accomplish such tasks as getting an alchemy level of 50, getting all of the monster/item information, and getting 100 trust level. I will most likely need to start the game over in order to get the platinum trophy. It demands quite a lot from you. Getting everything done in one mere playthrough is difficult. I believe I should have a much easier time with a second playthrough though, as I won't need to worry about getting any friendship levels at all, as far as I'm aware.