PS4 Games set during nighttime?

ResoluteRock

Kingdom come deliverence looks beautiful at night. The only light you will get is from your torch. Add some rain to that while you walk in a forest or a village and you will see some beautiful nights (imo). I recomend this if you really want to experience complete darkness with no artificial lighting.

Thief for a full darkness/nightime setting, I really need to get the platinum at some point because I love the setting!

Amnesia Collection is also good because whilst it is mostly inside, you do get glimpes of the night outside and it sets a creepy feeling when you're exploring the entire game.

I second Dying Light. That game is horrifying at night because all of the infected get ridiculously strong when the sun goes down, though, so if you're looking for "beautiful," you're not going to find it there. Assassin's Creed Odyssey, being set in Greece, is gorgeous at any time of the day or night.

N.E.R.O. -- It's a walking sim with a beautiful story and a lot of it has a nighttime setting. It's a VERY beautiful game and only takes a couple hours to finish. Highly recommend.

The "Mysterious" Atelier Trilogy -- These games have day/night mechanics

Final Fantasy XIII: Lightning Returns -- This game also has day/night mechanics

Oxenfree -- The entire game takes place at night

Detroit: Become Human -- Some of the chapters are set during night

Marvel's Spider-Man -- Has day/night mechanics

Walden -- Has day/night mechanics

Yomawari: Night Alone -- As the title suggests, the entire game is set during night. Except it's more of a cartoonish night.

Among the Sleep -- Some of the levels are nighttime

The Unfinished Swan -- Has a really pretty nighttime level

Edited by eigen-space
  • Like 1