How to get games on the Turkish Store ! (Really cheap) [DOESN'T WORK ANYMORE, SORRY]

AntoninZeKing

48 minutes ago, Darpiom said:

The problem is here in Turkey that purchasing power parity is really low. Minimum wage is 2.500 TL, Last of Us 500 TL. You can buy only 5 games for one full month's hard work other costs not into account. I dont think minimum wage is 300 usd in western europe

There are other countries that are doing even worse. The average annual income in Ukraine is half of that of Turkey and their PSN prices are on par with Europe. In fact you can be glad that they actually lowered Turkey's psn prices since they absolute did not take into consideration other poor countries.

Edited by Silver-I-Chariot
  • Like 1

On 6/25/2020 at 6:44 PM, MilanYildirim said:

People in Turkey are already having difficult times with buying games no thanks to devaluation on Turkish Lira, and threads like that only going to make Sony revise the prices which means they will even harder time to buy games. Good job with being cheap, just because you're going to save a couple euro is going to make so much changes for other people. Egoism on top spot.

Don't exaggerate here, please. People have been practicing this on Steam for years and it has zero impact on game pricing in individual regions. Your example in your previous posts proves exactly nothing.

• Like 4

21 hours ago, Darpiom said:

The problem is here in Turkey that purchasing power parity is really low. Minimum wage is 2.500 TL, Last of Us 500 TL. You can buy only 5 games for one full month's hard work other costs not into account. I dont think minimum wage is 300 usd in western europe

Venezuela should be worse than turkey, if they can bought a single game with the minimum wage, that would be awesome

Edited by AntoninZeKing

On 30.06.2020 at 10:19 PM, Silver-I-Chariot said:

There are other countries that are doing even worse. The average annual income in Ukraine is half of that of Turkey and their PSN prices are on par with Europe. In fact you can be glad that they actually lowered Turkey's psn prices since they absolute did not take into consideration other poor countries.

3 hours ago, AntoninZeKing said:

Venezuela should be worse than turkey, if they can bought a single game with the minimum wage, that would be awesome

What can I say against the naked facts, you are both right, guys.. Actually I was going to write many things in my first post but feeling that we could diverge from the main discussion like the post below which i don't ever understand its relation to what should be discussed, I cut it very short. But I have to mention some part of it after these sayings. 

Unfortunately, even in given conditions Turkey may be around the 40th or 50th best country in the world. Imagine there are more than maybe 150 worse places so that world is actually quite an awful place for the majority of its people and quite a handful people benefit from its lovely side. As you know the reasons of this disequilibrium

lies deep within the history, politics, etc. of the last few centuries. This is unsustainable, even the naturally world is dying. Look at the frequency of diseases or changes in climate and so on.. 

Whatever, as to main topic, I don't think this would affect much the pricing policy of Sony on Turkish PSN store. It has been better if it had never surfaced though because there is still a slight risk. Simple law of economics as you know, if demand is increased so does the prices but I believe its effect would be limited as, like stated on many posts before, there is not much price advantage so demand won't increase dramatically. But believe me even a 5 % increase could be enough to impose taxes for the government here as it is their habit even if Sony doesn't change their policy :) You can't imagine for what things we are paying special consumption or luxury taxes.. 

I am not complaining about the people who want to benefit from the price advantages here, it is unpreventable. Since the introduction of internet, actually we are on the same market especially on technological sectors. Typical consumer behaviour, to save more for the very same thing if opportunity arises. I would have done the same if it doesn't require this much chore. I remember Hong Kong store was quite popular as many people buy their DLC's from there, may be still is. Although we are on the same market on internet, consumers are shackled with their real life's restrains. This is the source of the problem which is unsolvable because everyone seems right to me. 

On 26.06.2020 at 2:51 PM, Golem25 said:

Because the AK party's economic policy isn't working quite as well as Erdogan intended. Can't be the tourist industry tanking because people are wising up and realizing that Antalya et al. aren't worth visiting when there's countless better places along the Mediterranean and Adriatic, as the visitor number actually seem to be increasing. I'd personally recommend Mauritius even if it's a bit further afield; much better than Ankara and a few other cities I was forced to spend time in.

@Golem25, everything is great both economically, socially, politically where you live or presume you are living? Do you know number 1 country's rate of unemployment, how vulnerable they are to social disturbances like most Western countries? *How did you come to the comparison of our Meditarrenan beaches to the Mauritius' Indian Ocean beaches or Adriatic. How about your dislike about Ankara's greyness and seriousness to topic at hand. Although I have respect for your thoughts I found it to be quite teasing and ill-intended

Edited by Darpiom

57 minutes ago, Darpiom said:

everything is great both economically, socially, politically where you live or presume you are living? Do you know number 1 country's rate of unemployment, how vulnerable they are to social disturbances like most Western countries? *How did you come to the comparison of our Meditarrenan beaches to the Mauritius' Indian Ocean beaches or Adriatic. How about your dislike about Ankara's greyness and seriousness to topic at hand. Although I have respect for your thoughts I found it to be quite teasing and ill-intended

What kind of a reply is this even? Read the thread. Guy asked me a question (quote; "These people in Turkey did not have that differences on their salaries though. Do you know why[?]"), and I took a stab at how that could be by highlighting the governing party's economic policy and considering the state of the tourist industry; because visitor numbers are increasing contrary to my expectations, I expressed my surprise based on my personal experiences of tourist destinations near and far (which, by the by, do not include Ankara's 'greyness'; perhaps that's projecting on your part).

Not sure what the problem is here, but I am glad for the opportunity to give the thread another bump.

There's some pretty good deals right now on the turkish store (maybe same discounts as other countries in this region)

There's obviously much more discounts than that, I only pick the ones that I will probablt buy

8-Bit Invaders 1,34TL (~0,17€) (with ps+) never seen a game at such a low price... deluxe edition also at -99% with the ps+ !! 

AereA (xith PS+) 4,20TL (~0,55€) xD Deluxe edition 5,70TL (~0,74€]

Ducati - 90th Anniversary 9,80TL (~1,27€)

Life is Strange Season Pass 15,20 TL (~1,97€)

Tesla vs Lovecraft 17,25TL (~2,24€)

This War of Mine 21TL (~2,73€)

Dead Rising 2 21 TL (~2,73€)

Castlevania Anniversary Collection & Contra Anniversary Collection 22,25TL each (~2,89€)

Sound Shapes Ultimate Bundle 22,77TL (~2,96€)

Escape Plan Collection 26,70TL (~3,47€)

PVZ Battle for Neighborville Deluxe Edition 127,60TL (~16€56)

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Before even getting to the point of raising prices because of people abroad taking advantage of the currency conversion rates, Sony could easily ban the accounts making these purchases because clearly people are providing false information about themselves when setting up those accounts. Sony usually turns a blind eye to this when we're buying stuff that is only available in other regions (and because it gives them an additional buck) but this is a different case. People are buying the same games as they would in their own regions, they're just spending less on them. Having said that however I'm sure this will keep working as long as its popularity doesn't rise past a certain point. I'll have a look at the Turkish store as well before doing my next purchase.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

This is an amazing app IF... you have a credit or debit card. Unfortunately I don’t have that (and not allowed to) cause I go to school and don’t work. Sad I can’t buy things from the Turkish store but I’ll keep this in mind for the future.

For anyone who does have a credit or debit card, go for it! You can also keep an eye on Bitcoin currency, interesting.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi,

Can anyone help with this please? I'm trying to add a Revolut payment card to my Turkish PSN and it just will not work. I've spent a few days trying this now and am having no luck, despite following the giudes / videos. I just don't know what I'm doing wrong.

- PSN account region = Turkey

- PSN account City, State and Postcode = Turkish address

- Revolut virtual and disposable card with Turkish Lyra = yes

- Add item to cart on PS Store, then try to add payment method = fails.

I've tried both card types and used a full Turkish address as my billing address. I've actually tried multiple addresses and nothing works, even ones that other people have used successfully. I've also used an address that matches my City, State and Postcode on PSN account, no luck.

Any help would be appreciated.

Regards,

Chris

14 minutes ago, d3vil_uk said:

Hi,

Can anyone help with this please? I'm trying to add a Revolut payment card to my Turkish PSN and it just will not work. I've spent a few days trying this now and am having no luck, despite following the giudes / videos. I just don't know what I'm doing wrong.

- PSN account region = Turkey

- PSN account City, State and Postcode = Turkish address

- Revolut virtual and disposable card with Turkish Lyra = yes

- Add item to cart on PS Store, then try to add payment method = fails.

I've tried both card types and used a full Turkish address as my billing address. I've actually tried multiple addresses and nothing works, even ones that other people have used successfully. I've also used an address that matches my City, State and Postcode on PSN account, no luck.

Any help would be appreciated.

Regards,

Chris

Don't waste your time, just make a US account and use gift cards. Its the cheapest store overall and has the best sales, setting up a new bank account just for a max 1 dollar discount is not worth it.

21 hours ago, Kreivok said:

Don't waste your time, just make a US account and use gift cards. Its the cheapest store overall and has the best sales, setting up a new bank account just for a max 1 dollar discount is not worth it.

You should be a comedian with those types of jokes.

22 hours ago, Kreivok said:

A max one dollar discount? You mean like half the price of the discount price in other countries. The Turkish PSN store is stupidly cheap, it easily saves you a handful.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Sorry to bump this thread, but I wanted to share my experience doing this. I was able to setup a Revolut account and use it a couple times. I bought a few games and everything was working normally. Then, one day, I stopped being offered VISA as my choice for disposable virtual cards. Mastercard was the only option, and it doesn't work on PSN. I thought about ordering a physical VISA card, but I can't justify paying €8/month for the ability to pay less on video games...

Does anyone know of a similar service that would allow me to buy from the Turkish store? I know that N26 doesn't have VISA, and it doesn't have virtual cards either, so that's a no-go...

On 6/25/2020 at 1:44 PM, MilanYildirim said:

People in Turkey are already having difficult times with buying games no thanks to devaluation on Turkish Lira, and threads like that only going to make Sony revise the prices which means they will even harder time to buy games. Good job with being cheap, just because you're going to save a couple euro is going to make so much changes for other people. Egoism on top spot.

Can confirm that. Brazilian PS Store used to have decent prices for our consumer reality, now it's only a direct conversion from dollar (which is expensive when your currency is worth 20% of a dollar).

Those price revisions come mostly from people exploiting the Store to buy at cheaper prices.

• Like 1

On 12/21/2020 at 0:58 PM, TheMultiversity said:

Sorry to bump this thread, but I wanted to share my experience doing this. I was able to setup a Revolut account and use it a couple times. I bought a few games and everything was working normally. Then, one day, I stopped being offered VISA as my choice for disposable virtual cards. Mastercard was the only option, and it doesn't work on PSN. I thought about ordering a physical VISA card, but I can't justify paying €8/month for the ability to pay less on video games...

Does anyone know of a similar service that would allow me to buy from the Turkish store? I know that N26 doesn't have VISA, and it doesn't have virtual cards either, so that's a no-go...

I have exactly same problem. Mastercard disposable virtual cards don't work and I don't see any option to select VISA card.