Best money making method?

eddy2800

1.) have a good smithing and Speech skill and start crafting daggers to sell.

2.) Complete the "No Stone Unturned" quest for  the Thieves Guild. The reason being that the crown grants the passive "Prowler's profit" which increases the rate at which precious gems spawn in containers, which includes corpses. The quality of gem spawned is affected by player level, with a high level giving a high chance of flawless gems.

3.) If "No Stone Unturned" quest completed, you'll have an easier time finding gems to slot into crafted jewelry to increase its value. 

4.) Restoring Thieves guild to its former glory will grant you around 4 Fences to barter with in the Thieves Guild cistern and each will have around 4000-5500 gold depending on speech skill and investment. 

Edited by wackt1
  • Like 1

Can't you just put a bucket on shop keepers heads, steal all their stuff and money, drop a quick save, punch them, reload, and then they have all their stuff back, so you can sell or steal it again?  Or does that only work on PC?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, wackt1 said:

1.) have a good smithing and Speech skill and start crafting daggers to sell.

2.) Complete the "No Stone Unturned" quest for  the Thieves Guild. The reason being that the crown grants the passive "Prowler's profit" which increases the rate at which precious gems spawn in containers, which includes corpses. The quality of gem spawned is affected by player level, with a high level giving a high chance of flawless gems.

3.) If "No Stone Unturned" quest completed, you'll have an easier time finding gems to slot into crafted jewelry to increase its value. 

4.) Restoring Thieves guild to its former glory will grant you around 4 Fences to barter with in the Thieves Guild cistern and each will have around 4000-5500 gold depending on speech skill and investment. 

1 hour ago, da-Noob123 said:

You can also enchant the daggers, certain enchantments will sell for a premium IIRC. Really the only problem I recall having is shops not having enough gold to buy all my loot.

Thanks I’ll try these

45 minutes ago, Sir_Bee said:

Can't you just put a bucket on shop keepers heads, steal all their stuff and money, drop a quick save, punch them, reload, and then they have all their stuff back, so you can sell or steal it again?  Or does that only work on PC?

Not sure I’ve never tried it but worth a try thanks 

• 3 weeks later...
58 minutes ago, Cherrywood said:

Alchemy as well.  I know Damage Magicka Regen poisons sell for a large amount of money and can be made from ingredients that can be obtained easily and cheaply.

Agreed. 

Especially true if youve stashed a load of ingredients earlier in the game. 

My personal fave potions to make money were Invisibility, Slow and Paralysis. 

The way I did it, at the end of the game, after thieves guild. 

- Smith daggers or jewellery and enchant them 

- go to any fencer 

- sell as much as you can, quicksave then kill the fencer

- reload, this will get the fencer back with full cash. 

- repeat the last 2 steps. 

Of course this is an end game method, after you have gotten all the other trophies. No Stone Unturned quest helps as well. By that time you should have all the resources available. 

If you’re looking for more... cheesy methods.

you can get out of bounds by jumping over the wall in whiterun and using the skyforge to sell the dudes items to himself.

I know I’m bad at explaining so here: https://youtu.be/Fgwe5Zp6qMk

after selling the items to him you’ll have to use the wait function to wait a few days for the items to reappear.

to my knowledge this is in all current versions of the game

Edited by Aergia

The way I did it was have the thieves guild faction done, then have enchanting and Smithing to 100. Smithing can be lower, but Enchantment is really useful at max.

Now, I end up making a bunch of Daggers, depending on which metal I have the most of. I also make Leather armor just to get rid of my stock. Then, I enchant them with Banish and Soul Trap (Dagger) and the Armor I just sell.

After I’ve spent all my precious metals making weapons and enchanting them, I bring like 5 or 6 with me and dump the rest in my chest. Those 5 or 6 can sell for about 2000 - 3000 easy, even more if you get them to Legendary status.

With those few I go to the fences with 4000 - 5000 and sell them 2 each. After that, hit up the Honingbrew Meadery near Whiterun and steal every bottle and sell it to the fences I come across. I end up banking up 10 - 15K in one round trip. If you sell the Armor, probably 5K more.

If you are looking to level up Speech, I suggest making two handed weapons with the same setup and then buy all the merchants’ goods and sell it. That one weapon can sell for ~10K alone.

Here are my Alchemy Potion findings:

Poison of Damage Magicka Regen
-Any combination shown

Poison of Damage Stamina Regen
-Any combination shown

Poison of Slow
-Deathbell
-River Betty
-Salt Pile

Potent Poison
-Butterfly Wing
-Human Heart