FF13 vs FF15: Worst Final Fantasy ever made?

Silver-I-Chariot

FF13 vs FF15: Worst Final Fantasy ever made?  

460 members have voted

1. 1. Your personal worst Final Fantasy mainline title is:

FFXV was a huge disappointment to me. They made so many false promises and just didn't deliver on day 1.

FF13 itself is a good game, it looks gorgeous too, but goddamn was the story all over the place. I also wasn't a huge fan of the cast although they did grow on me more in 13-2 & returns.

Edited by xZoneHunter

On 6/24/2020 at 2:00 PM, Dav9834 said:

-FFXV is the 2nd weakest however we got the BEST Final Fantasy Movie out of it, so there's redemption

So it looks pretty grim for the future of the FF series... Since all of these are "newer"

But there's always hope

Pleaaaaassseee let FFXVI be awesome! In every aspect!

I really hope you just forgot about Advent Children when you made that first statement. :P But yeah, Kingsglaive was probably the best thing to come out of XV. :hmm:

Honestly I'm hoping XVI will be at least as good as X was (which is probably my 3rd favorite)... but I think that's still setting the bar a bit too high for them. -_-

Edited by Masamune
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Masamune said:

I really hope you just forgot about Advent Children when you made that first statement. :P But yeah, Kingsglaive was probably the best thing to come out of XV. :hmm:

Honestly I'm hoping XVI will be at least as good as X was (which is probably my 3rd favorite)... but I think that's still setting the bar a bit too high for them. -_-

Nope, Advent Children was taken into account which I enjoyed!

Its hard to best a really damn good movie like Kingsglaive, you don't even need the game to enjoy it thoroughly, it's imo the best movie they've made

Even if they only have made a few lol

Edited by Dav9834
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, Masamune said:

Advent Children was terrible though. Many liked it simply because it was more of the FFVII  story regardless of how poor that part of the story was.

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

FF13 defnitely not the worst,I was actually had fun while plating the game,battle system itself is quite smart and need strategy to what to perform next,the only downside for me is the story,I just cant get into it

I would say ff12 is the worst but I changed mind once I played 9-10 hours on FFXV and FFXV takes the crown of the worst in FF...where's why:

-cant get into story

-huge map but empty

-pace is slow

-slow loading

-slow driving

-some places can be fast travel ,some places not(dont know what determine it)

-combat system is worse than kingdom hearts

-Allies AI is stupid(even worse when fighting adamantoise,they just move around me whereas I was the only one who fighting it alone)

-magic skills/qty/uses is very limited

-sidequest is same/repetitive(unlike previous FF7-10,tons of different quests reward with ultimate weapons/special skill/special item/easter egg)

-limited playable characters(FF series is known for heavily focus on RPG with several characters but not in this game not,I see no difference and only 4 playable characters)

-ost just not catchy as previous FF titles(I keep using portable player to play FF7-X musics for most of the time) 

I played FF12 HD on ps4 and plated it ,it wasnt that bad after having speed modify

I played FF9 HD on ps4 and plated it as well,I enjoy every moment literally

• 4 months later...

XV is boring. Boring empty world, boring combat my cats could master, annoying characters with annoying repetitive comments throughout, having a snobbish Keith Richards as the bad guy. Nothing positive about it. 13 and 12 were both quite forgettable but not bad in the same league as xv. Saying that type-0 is hands down the worst ff followed by X-2 and crystal chronicles in my opinion. Then XV not gonna slate the likes of I -IV they feel bad now but that’s the passage of time that’s done that. 
Considering that I’ve really enjoyed vii remake -I’m optimistic for 16. 14 isn’t really ff IMO but I’ve dabbled and quite enjoyed it. 

FFIV by a huge margin for me. There is SO much needless party switching in the game it's actually unintentionally comical. "Oops, this guy blew himself up." "Oh no, this guy caught a cold and is bed ridden for the rest of the game." "Ah, two new characters... who turn to stone 15 minutes later." "Yay, let's jump off this airship to stop a bomb with my... body?" It goes on and on and on. People disappearing into voids, people betraying you 37 (hyperbole but you get the idea) times etc. It's impossible to form sympathy or attachment to any of the characters when they're gone 2 seconds later. 

FFXII would be second. Boring, bland story. Largely forgettable and unlikeable cast barring Balthier. Huge empty areas to explore with nothing to do. Combat was slow and boring and the soundtrack was probably the least interesting out of the whole series.

Final Fantasy II, as many have said before, is far worse than XIII at any rate (haven't played XV). Original release of FFXIV was apparently pretty awful too. Final Fantasy: Mystic Quest (AKA Mystic Quest: Legends) is also a joke of a RPG. I enjoyed The XIII trilogy even if they were ludicrous and far from perfect.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Stan Lee said:

Final Fantasy II, as many have said before, is far worse than XIII at any rate (haven't played XV). Original release of FFXIV was apparently pretty awful too. Final Fantasy: Mystic Quest (AKA Mystic Quest: Legends) is also a joke of a RPG. I enjoyed The XIII trilogy even if they were ludicrous and far from perfect.

Literally popped on here to say exactly this.

XIII is fine - good combat in that one, and it beats XV for sure, but neither is the worst of the whole series.
TBH, I don’t really think the series hit any kind of stride prior to IV.

XIII also has a chocobo that lives in a man’s afro, so by law, it can’t be considered bad.

• Like 4

I enjoyed the exploit for FFII, I absolutely hated FFXIII. The hallway/linear overall gameplay, the mindless turned-based combat, and horrible characters. FFXV wasn't great, but at least it was a step in the right direction. I actually liked XV until I played Horizon Zero Dawn a few months later. Hopefully, XVI can learn from the mistakes of XV. I fell in love with FFVII (1997) and loved VIII-X. My vote for the absolute worst FF game has to be FFX-2. 

FF13 for me, though there are others that I would say are worse, just not in the mainline, numbered series (looking at you, Mystic Quest).

FF15 was... Okay. Didn't feel much for the story, the world had some cool scenery, but ultimately was kinda forgettable. Not a fan of the combat/gameplay, but I definitely had some enjoyment out of it.

FF13 on the other hand was mostly just a chore. The story was nonsense, even for Final Fantasy, most of the characters were either annoying or dull (or both), and the gameplay wasn't much to write home about. FF13-2 was definitely an improvement, but the story got even more ridiculous. Then Lightning Returns comes along and it probably has the most batshit story out of the trilogy, but it was actually surprisingly quite enjoyable to play. Nothing amazing, but definitely my favourite in the trilogy.

I'm getting some FF15 vibes from FF16, so I don't have high hopes for that game, but I'll still play it. Eventually. In like 5 years. After release that is. I really don't prioritise FF games much any more, not gonna lie. Still don't know when the hell I'll ever get around the FF7 remake, kinda wanna wait for all the "parts" to be out first, so I reckon that'll be another 10 years, plus another 10 years for me to actually get through them all. Should hopefully keep me entertained in my middle age along with FF22 on the PS8.

Edit: Since I know it gets a lot of hate, I actually like FF2. Then again, I like the SaGa games, which basically spawned from that.

FF1 is also pretty forgettable and not great, but it's more forgivable given it's the first game in the series, and it wasn't exactly meant to get any sequels anyway.

Edited by SuperSmexy500
  • Like 1

Final Fantasy 13 was my first FF game, so maybe I am biased in the sense that it was my first, but even after playing FF7 and FF10, I still prefer 13 over the other 2! I just liked the characters, the lore, setting, monsters and story more! I like the leveling system in 13 MUCH MORE than 10's, I like world much more than 7's. The only complaint I have about 13 is the fact that if the character you are controlling dies it is game over, even if other party members are alive. Ik people hate the linearity of the game, but linear games are not bad (though I do understand that FF has always been open world for the most part)! Oh well, I always end up liking games and anime that everyone else hates...

You guys that are saying FFIV/2 SNES is bad are in bananaland. Final Fantasy II was the reason I got an SNES and the first game I played on the system. Compared to what I'd been playing on the NES, that game blew me away with how amazing it was. I had loved the original on NES and had the only real temper tantrum I can remember having outside an Electronics Boutique (way back) because I wanted that game so badly and my mother wouldn't get it for me...but that game couldn't hold a candle to FF2. The graphics in II were crazy good, the story was so interesting and sad. The game was challenging and fun. There were a lot of secrets to uncover and an true story to go with it. The redemption of Cecil going from Dark Knight to Paladin; the romance with Rosa; the anger of Tellah and that spoony bard! The sacrifice of Yang and later Palom and Porom; Rydia growing up in the land of summoned monsters; the bombshell of Golbez being your brother.

There was just so much about that game that was awesome when it came out. Compared to what else came out at the time, it was an amazing game and only surpassed by FFVI/3 SNES. I played both of those games over and over and over and they are both still in my top 5 Final Fantasy games of all time. For me, XII was the game I enjoyed the least. The gambit system was so close to being cool, but was just way too much work and too clunky. The story felt non-existent to me compared to previous installments. I still enjoyed the game ok, but it felt like the weakest entry. XV was the next weakest for me....considering all the hype leading up to it, it just fell flat. There were way too many gaps that were apparently intentional so they could release the individual DLC's. The game would have been cooler if they were a part of the game instead of being afterthoughts. Honestly, if they had just released it as the Royal Edition, I would have enjoyed it a lot more. When the best part of the game is driving around in the car, listening to the previous games' soundtracks...that's a problem.

I actually like XIII. I liked the paradigm combat and had a lot of fun with it once I got the hang of it. I felt the paradigm system did what the gambit system could have. If the gambit system worked as seamlessly, XII would have been ranked higher. Lightning Returns actually might be my least favorite in the series. While the combat could have been interesting...I didn't like that you only played as Lighnting and that there was no party dynamic.

Edited by Briste