Superpower Defence Mission

StressEater

I was wondering if anyone who has beaten this could give me some advise. I have played through all the other missions without any problems. In fact I beat them all on my first try. I am by no means an expert in this game but I do feel that I have a pretty good understanding of it. However, this mission is giving me a great deal of trouble. I have tried to set up a really good economy in the beginning. The problem is that for the life of me I can not get a good one going no matter what I try to do. I have built almost every industry I could. I even put up several more ports for exporting my goods.The part that really kills me is that once the war starts, I begin hemorrhaging money so fast that it is not funny. About the 3rd wave off attacks and I am well over 300k in debt and still plummeting. I have no money so I can not rebuild any structures that are destroyed. I have an approval rating of 99%. Most of all my population needs are being fulfilled. I have a population of 2,000.  I have watched a couple videos online but they are not helping. In the time it took me to write this, I am now almost 500k in debt.

The Edicts that I have active are:

Church Fee

No Free Lunch

Penal Colony

Employee of the Month

Advanced Boat Services

Free Wheels

Speedway

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

• 1 year later...
On 24/6/2020 at 10:00 PM, StressEater said:

I was wondering if anyone who has beaten this could give me some advise. I have played through all the other missions without any problems. In fact I beat them all on my first try. I am by no means an expert in this game but I do feel that I have a pretty good understanding of it. However, this mission is giving me a great deal of trouble. I have tried to set up a really good economy in the beginning. The problem is that for the life of me I can not get a good one going no matter what I try to do. I have built almost every industry I could. I even put up several more ports for exporting my goods.The part that really kills me is that once the war starts, I begin hemorrhaging money so fast that it is not funny. About the 3rd wave off attacks and I am well over 300k in debt and still plummeting. I have no money so I can not rebuild any structures that are destroyed. I have an approval rating of 99%. Most of all my population needs are being fulfilled. I have a population of 2,000.  I have watched a couple videos online but they are not helping. In the time it took me to write this, I am now almost 500k in debt.

The Edicts that I have active are:

Church Fee

No Free Lunch

Penal Colony

Employee of the Month

Advanced Boat Services

Free Wheels

Speedway

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Have you figured out? Any tips? 

• 8 months later...

In addition to the Edicts you listed, I also used the following Edicts:

Food for the People (Increases general food quality by 10). Frees your attention to focus on military matters.

Wealth Tax (increases your tax income for rich, filthy-rich citizens). Provides more money to construct and maintain military buildings.

Mandatory Siesta (Increases the job quality of each workplace by 15%, decreases the efficiency by 12%). This makes working in the Army forts, barracks, and bases more attractive to Tropicans, especially with higher wages.

Right to Arms (Military Squads +10% Damage)

Prohibition (+15% Building Efficiency, good for Overwatch Towers with upgraded machine guns. Also counteracts loss of building efficiency from Mandatory Siesta)

Bells to Bullets (Military Squads +10% hit points and +10% damage)

Setting the Constitution to Professional Soldiers (all soldiers must have high school education, +10% damage) also helps.

The Commando Garrison has an alternative work mode that decreases the building's efficiency by 10% but grants +20% hit points to defending military units. Note that this setting cannot be activated when the Commandos are on a raid or heist.

The Defense HQ has an alternate work mode that grants defensive units +25% hit points.

Taking all these actions will increase total damage by +30% and increase hit points by +55%.

I do NOT issue Penal Colony, but instead heist the Registan of Samarkand (all children automatically gain a high school education) with the Pirate's Cove. This creates a nation of young, eligible soldiers who are not going to retire. 

It is also worthwhile to heist the Colosseum of Rome (overall happiness of citizens only takes into account their food and fun happiness). This allows you to focus on upgrading your industry and military buildings without wasting limited resources on cathedrals, hospitals, etc. I issued Martial Law during the five nations' attacks; currying public opinion during war was a waste of time and money. 

Due to the number of tanks that attack in later waves, it is worthwhile to have at least three fully upgraded Army Bases and an Aircraft Carrier with the researched Precision Strike work mode (+50% damage, no collateral damage). My final military building count was three upgraded Forts, five fully upgraded Barracks, three upgraded Army Bases, nine Overwatchtowers, six Watchtowers, and the Defense HQ. All these buildings were running on a maximum budget. I clustered the Overwatch and regular Watch towers together in groups of four to five towers. If enemies attacked one tower, the other three towers would damage 25-33% of the enemy's health before my ground troops would arrive. 

There were four main locations the enemies would land, but if you set your military buildings in the center of your island, you should be able to respond to any of those locations. I placed towers around crucial structures like power plants and industrial buildings, as the enemies loved crippling my economy by destroying my electricity. 

Edited by poetic_justice_
  • Like 1