Dragalia Lost

Hisuiryu

Dragalia Lost is an action role-playing game developed by Cygames and published by Nintendo, for Android and iOS. It was initially released in September 2018, and was later released in other regions. 

The story takes place in Alberia, the kingdom where dragons live. All royal members in Alberia have the Dragon Transformation ability, where they can wield a dragon's power by forming a pact with a dragon to borrow their form in battle. One day, a strange occurrence begins to happen in this kingdom. The Holy Shard protected by the capital starts to lose its power. In order to save his people, the Seventh Prince, who has not made a pact with a dragon, sets off on his Dragon Selection Trial. 

Here is the original promo trailer for the game:

An action-RPG gacha game, one of Dragalia's appeals gameplay-wise is the MMO-esque progression. It features a cycle of powering up characters to beat stages, to get materials in order to get better equipment and take on more powerful stages. You play in a team of 4, either your player character and 3 AI controlled team-mates, or in co-op mode with other players!

Of course the true appeal as with most gacha is the characters which Dragalia features plenty of, the gacha element lets you collect Adventurers which you use to clear stages, and dragons which act as enhancements for the adventurers and can be transformed into for short periods in battle. Like most gacha it features higher rated characters appearing at lower rarities, but the game is both generous with the summoning currency, and allows promotion of more common units to higher rarity increasing their strength - in fact some of the most common 3* characters are much better than elusive 5* after fully unlocking! There's easily over 100 different adventurers, which are split over different elements (Wind, Fire, Water, Light and Shadow) and different weapon types (Sword, Blade, Lance, Dagger, Axe, Bow, Wand and Staff) meaning there's plenty of opportunity to use different characters and play styles for different content.

The game regularly releases new units into the game, both brand new character and alternate versions of existing ones - but also sometimes features collaboration events with various series meaning the chance to play as Mega ManMarth from Fire Emblem, characters decked out in Monster Hunter Gear, and more! (There's even a possible hint to a Zelda collaboration in the future, but who can say for sure...)

So that's my brief intro to Dragalia Lost - was mostly wondering if there were many other players here! Now I must go back to grinding this halloween event(!?)

*Some of this has been lifted directly from Wiki

• Like 1

On ‎28‎/‎06‎/‎2020 at 0:30 PM, Tosmasta00 said:

I mainly know about Dragalia due to Granblue Fantasy and i do think @ASilverSeraphim does play it.

I figured there might be a few people like you who know about it through Granblue, since I saw the thread for it!

In other news, as with all gacha, rate-ups are a lie and desire sensors are evil.... Hopefully I can scrounge a bit more Wyrmite before the Gala banner ends for Cat Sith (or any decent shadow dragon tbh).