PS5 Version of Smart Delivery and Trophies

I00_Brave_Wolves

Good Day

I am curious how Smart Delivery - Crossbuy - the free PS5 Version Updates will work for us Trophy Hunters. 

When Game Studios release their Game again on a newer Console, it will have most likely the same Trophies but with a separate Trophy List for the new Console.

Imagine playing the PS4 Version of Cyberpunk 2077 on a PS5. It will then have a PS4 Trophy List. At an unannounced Date, there will be a Patch which updates the Game to the PS5 Version. In Theory there will be a new separate PS5 Trophy List, because the Game just got an Update to the PS5 Version. 

As you will be far in the Game and have unlocked various Trophies for the PS4 Trophy List, how will it turn out if you have suddenly another Trophy List? 

There will also be a Multiplayer Mode in the Future for Cyberpunk 2077. Multiplayer Trophies are quite tedious to earn. Having to double earn them could be a pain.

I would like to hear your Thoughts on this.

If it is like PS3 / PS4, you will have separate list, with some online trophies auto-poping with PS5 version for online trophies (GTA 5 for example, where online trophies auto pop if you already got them on PS3), or you will have to do everything twice if you want both platinums on PS4 and PS5 :)

Edited by seblegamer
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, DaivRules said:

If a developer releases a PS5 version, it’ll have a separately identified SKU and just like right now with PS3/PS4 lists, they’ll choose to share or create new lists.

Yes, Okami on PS3 and PS4 comes to mind. The PS4 release was 5 years later, yet still they share the same trophy list...

Edited by dcdfan
  • Like 3

I wish they could give us some update to delete the trophies i will love that cause there are some games ,there servers are close and no way to platinum it or there are games which i know ill never play again is there way to contact to sony/playstation to let them know that we want this as an update i know they dont really care about trophies but i would be epic 

1 hour ago, DaivRules said:

I don’t think it’ll function like this at all. 

PS4 games will run on PS5. Some will use boost mode without patches, some may require patches. A patch doesn’t make a PS4 game into a PS5 game. It’s still a PS4 game. 

They’ll all just be PS4 game with PS4 trophy lists. 

If a developer releases a PS5 version, it’ll have a separately identified SKU and just like right now with PS3/PS4 lists, they’ll choose to share or create new lists.

The Developer of Cyberpunk 2077 has a Statement on their Twitter Profile. 

https://mobile.twitter.com/CyberpunkGame/status/1273963818113216513

A later upgrade to Cyberpunk 2077, taking full advantage of the next-gen hardware, will be available for free.

They are speaking of an Upgrade. So I assume the PS4 will be upgraded to the PS5 Version. 

I am not sure how this will work with separately identified SKUś.

11 minutes ago, I00_Brave_Wolves said:

The Developer of Cyberpunk 2077 has a Statement on their Twitter Profile. 

https://mobile.twitter.com/CyberpunkGame/status/1273963818113216513

A later upgrade to Cyberpunk 2077, taking full advantage of the next-gen hardware, will be available for free.

They are speaking of an Upgrade. So I assume the PS4 will be upgraded to the PS5 Version. 

I am not sure how this will work with separately identified SKUś.

This will just be a patch for the PS4 version, so it'll still be the PS4 version, just that it'll take advantage of PS5 hardware. There is no mention anywhere of a specific, different PS5 "version".

51 minutes ago, hamzanawaz203 said:

I wish they could give us some update to delete the trophies i will love that cause there are some games ,there servers are close and no way to platinum it or there are games which i know ill never play again is there way to contact to sony/playstation to let them know that we want this as an update i know they dont really care about trophies but i would be epic 

Just hide the game from your profile. Basically the same thing.

1 hour ago, RedSkyKing said:

Just hide the game from your profile. Basically the same thing.

Except for the scarlet letter.

Also, I'm assuming that games that do this will just be the same game but better, not like a remaster with a new trophy list.

Edited by ONUOsFan

• 2 months later...

I don't think it will be very much different from what it is now: Some games will have the same trophy list for PS4 and PS5 while some will have separate ones for PS4 and PS5. Like, I wouldn't be surprised if the Jak trilogy will get a 4th stack on the PS5, for instance, and surely some game will be PS4/PS5 just like how Destiny is PS3/PS4. So, nothing new under the sun is my prediction. Could be wrong but I'm fairly certain I'm not.

As for cross-version autopopping, that'll very much depend on the game developer. If Destiny 2 gets a separate PS5 trophy list, those will surely autopop (just like how they do when you go from say PC to PS4), and I'm also fairly certain that a good amount of GTA V/GTA Online's online trophies will autopop aswell (again, like they did when you could transfer your character from PS3 to PS4).

Just be warned that if you have a digital PS5, then some upgrades will be unavailable for you!!! 

Digital PS4 games will upgrade on digital/physical PS5s

Physical PS4 games will only give a digital upgrade on a physical PS5, NOT digital PS5

Im not quite sure if I could see them with new trophy lists, I think they will just share them similar to PS3/PS4. 

Remasters specifically for PS5 would get new list, but doubt upgrades. 

Because i'd imagine your saves wouls transfer from PS4/PS5 with them calling these 'upgrades'. Trophy lists wouldbe all messes if your saves transferred and it had a new list, hack callers would have a field day!! 

It will either be saves transfer and no new list, or they dont transfer and possibly a new list, definitely cant see both happening