Permadeth and grounded difficuld

MANU1950

I have nighmares all the nigth  of a possibility of a permadeth difficult.

There is a rumor about this mode.

The grounded dificcult i think is coming soon but this difficult in this game is must be a fucking nighmare.

Edited by MANU1950
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, DavySuicide said:

I always hate this new trend nowadays, where developers add stupid bronze trophies for going through a whole game again -.- if i want to replay a game again I do it for the sake of fun, but forcing myself to finish a game over and over again for a stupid dlc trophy is just utter bullshit imo. Best example Horizon and Days Gone. The Challenge DLC was pretty amazing but doing two separate runs... my gosh -.- 

Unfortunately, it's a trend and it's like losing my mind isn't enough. Far Cry 5 forced me to do an Infamous NG+ for one trophy, but thankfully, someone helped me to get it by playing to her "final battle" save. There's too many games to list with that recycled trend: Metro Exodus, Rage 2, Horizon Zero Dawn, Days Gone, Marvel's Spider-Man, and possibly others. IIRC, I posted a thread about what changed between difficulties purchased vs. difficulties added in a free update.

It seems most of these developers can't even take a break from this kind of crap. It's not enough for them. You have to be that kind of lazy to shove that garbage.

Edited by BadRep24

I was a little disappointed by the lack of difficulty related trophies, so I'm definitely looking forward to Grounded Mode and hopefully some new trophies.

I'm not sure how a permadeath mode would work, though. They would probably have to remove the save feature, and I'm definitely not up for finishing the game in one sitting.

• Like 4

21 minutes ago, ShadowReplicant said:

I was a little disappointed by the lack of difficulty related trophies, so I'm definitely looking forward to Grounded Mode and hopefully some new trophies.

I'm not sure how a permadeath mode would work, though. They would probably have to remove the save feature, and I'm definitely not up for finishing the game in one sitting.

And hoping this would never reach Wolfenstein II territory with the Mein leben. That would be unexpectedly hilarious if they did.

Edited by BadRep24
  • Like 2

It always felt a bit like a cheap trick to me, ike " hey look at this, we have no idea for additional content, so I give you this, another difficulty." I mean, come on, really? Giving players the opportunity to play a game on a specific difficulty should be part of the main game. If you want me to beat a game on a hard difficulty it's totally okay, but don't sell stuff like this to me as some kind of a dlc. And the argument "if you don't want it, then don't do it" don't work for me, since I like to 100% most of my games. I mean I'm not that obsessed that I need to do it no matter what but it's something about trophy hunting I like and this makes the whole process more of a chore.

It's just not comprehensible for my why this trend came up in the past few years. Like Days Gone., this games takes so so long and going through this three times was a pain. The game itself was terrific and even the added difficulty was amazing ( wish this would have been part of the platinum ) and the free challenges were a great idea, so I wish developers would add free stuff like this and no new game runs.

Just my opinion on this topic, no hard feelings, not crying just my point. If anyone is stoked about some potential new adds, feel free to enjoy = ) 

Cheers, Davy

Actually if they do a permadeath mode without the possibility of quitting the game mid run (leads to the possibility of creating backup saves) they would be absolute devils. Forcing you to complete this game in one go would be horrible since a playthrough takes 10+ hours.

• Like 2

Whilst there is a trend I don't think it will continue here. TLOU: Part II is all about accessability, to the point where they made a pre-release blog stating no trophies would be limited by difficulty. Ignoring the 1st game doing so, it would feel weird for them to then add a difficulty trophy update that completely contradicts this ethos.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, da-Noob123 said:

On a tangential note, (I haven't beaten it yet) for NG+ is still only the the difficulty you beat and below or can you go to a higher difficulty in  NG+ like in HZD? Currently on Moderate but might do Survivor on NG+ if possible. 

You can choose any difficulty in NG+ whatever difficulty you've played first.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Stardroid said:

It's too large a game for Permadeath. But completing the game on grounded with 5 deaths or less would be amazing. Not enough AAA games that have actually challenging trophies. 

Wasn't Max Payne 3 long? It had the infamous 'The Shadows Rushed Me' Silver trophy.

Edited by TheGoaler
Spelling

I don't care about a trophy for the mode, but I would absolutely love it if they did add in Grounded mode later on.  Ok, to be quite honest, I would like a trophy for that, but my main hope is that they add the mode, trophy or not.  Grounded mode was my favorite way to play the first game!

I'd also be up for a permadeath one-sitting mode!  But I definitely wouldn't want them to add a trophy for that, as it's too insane a feat for most people.

37 minutes ago, TheGoaler said:

Wasn't Max Payne 3 long? It had the infamous 'The Shadows Rushed Me' Silver trophy.

Like 3 - 4 hours when you're doing speedruns.  Similar length to Wolfenstein 2.  TLoU2 unless it skipped the walking and talking parts you're looking at like 10 hours. 

Edited by Gage

Didn't you guys find this game way easier than the first one?

Grounded was a lot challenging. Didn't have more than 5 rounds at any time. The hotel basement was terrifying. It made a terrific experience overall. Only when you get the flamethrower it gets a bit easier. 

The Part 2 on Survival was a breeze on the other hand. I could use guns without suffering from no ammo in the next battle. The Building descend/ Hospital part with Abby was easier than it shoulve been

Edited by Faria0808

I think difficulty trophies go against their new philosophy of making the entire experience accessible to gamers with disabilities. Trophies seemingly are part of that thus why the list didn’t have any difficulty trophy. This is just my view, I’m probably completely wrong. But even if I’m right they very well might release a Grounded mode anyway for those that wanna replay the game with even more challenge.

10 minutes ago, Lovenewton said:

I think difficulty trophies go against their new philosophy of making the entire experience accessible to gamers with disabilities. Trophies seemingly are part of that thus why the list didn’t have any difficulty trophy. This is just my view, I’m probably completely wrong. But even if I’m right they very well might release a Grounded mode anyway for those that wanna replay the game with even more challenge.

Like how it follows the God of War 2018 formula, with no DLC trophies from New Game+.

Likewise, I don't think they would implement difficulty-specific trophies in TLoU2. They might implement Grounded difficulty on an update, but not the former. It's their adherence to the philosophy of accessibility for their game is one reason, why. Otherwise, it would make 0 sense, and it is the complete opposite of what they just initially said. Unfortunately, no matter how we dreamed of it, they wouldn't do it, for reasons that were explained.

Edited by BadRep24

13 hours ago, MikeCheck-- said:

^ what? Don't do it if you don't enjoy it, simple as that. Why force yourself if you wouldn't? Seems counter productive and a waste of time for a .01% on your overall completion percentage.

Sometimes it's not even .01%

• Like 1