‘Goo Tanker Ahoy’ Golden Spatula Did Not Register

Yup. This is the exact issue I had. I collected the Spatula while I was Spongeball & now my save is completely screwed. It didn’t just screw the save i was playing on, my save file is 1 above my actual ingame counter & my map won’t match up with my ingame counter. But when I reloaded to a save 20 minutes earlier where both the ingame & save file counter were bugged & I overwrote it, it screwed it up and made my save file one higher again. I don’t know how long it’ll take for a patch, I don’t want to collect my remaining spatulas/socks if THQ will force me to restart

Got this exact thing, if there isn't a fix for this soon, running through the game again to 100% it again shouldn't take more than 4-6 hours skipping dialogue and having a rough memory of every sock, just the grind of shiny objects and unfortunately another playthrough overall

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Rusbuck said:

Got this exact thing, if there isn't a fix for this soon, running through the game again to 100% it again shouldn't take more than 4-6 hours skipping dialogue and having a rough memory of every sock, just the grind of shiny objects and unfortunately another playthrough overall

Yeah, I’m unsure what the fix will entail. Because on my map it shows that I haven’t collected this specific Spatula, but it’s not there. But even counting it I’d be at 99... so maybe another one glitched for me & it’ll show which one is glitched on the map if they fix it

Same thing happened to me although im unsure which spatula didn't register. Weird thing is my game save in the main menu says I have 93 spatulas and on the map i counted and 93 are highlighted gold meaning I got them but when I press R2 it only shows 92 collected. All I had left were mr.Krabs shiny things spatulas but im not going to grind if I cant even get the platinum.

Hey, so I'm livid but I found a solution (kinda)

So after going through 8 hours of a new playthrough and obtaining this golden spatula, I've noticed that the game collects /2/ golden spatulas on your save, but not your actual. It's claims you've done "Goo Tanker Ahoy!", and also "A Path Through the Goo", even though you didn't do it yet. So after wasting 8 hours, I went back to my old save and nabbed that one real quick and cried soon after

tl;dr: Check if you've done the spatula "A Path Through the Goo" (After you close the goo tanker and nab the one behind it, go back to the chest to lower the goo again and follow the path in front of the chest to the end to get another spatula. If anything, this is a graphical bug, not a game breaking one.

• Like 4

58 minutes ago, Rusbuck said:

So after going through 8 hours of a new playthrough and obtaining this golden spatula, I've noticed that the game collects /2/ golden spatulas on your save, but not your actual. It's claims you've done "Goo Tanker Ahoy!", and also "A Path Through the Goo", even though you didn't do it yet. So after wasting 8 hours, I went back to my old save and nabbed that one real quick and cried soon after

tl;dr: Check if you've done the spatula "A Path Through the Goo" (After you close the goo tanker and nab the one behind it, go back to the chest to lower the goo again and follow the path in front of the chest to the end to get another spatula. If anything, this is a graphical bug, not a game breaking one.

This worked! Thanks so much!

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/26/2020 at 4:23 AM, Rusbuck said:

You have just saved me another play-through. I was so angry when this happened, I also had an issue with my save file and lost an hours worth of play.