Mafia 1 Definitive Edition (September 25)

3 more weeks. The wait drives me crazy... Can't wait to see the trophy list finally. Took a look at my own list i made in 2010 and most of them are still on the table for the remake. I'm certain the game will feature several collectible trophies tho (original didnt have them):

Bronze:

An Offer you can't refuse

Finish Chapter 1

Running Man

Finish Chapter 2

Molotov Party

Finish Chapter 3

Ordinary Routine

Finish Chapter 4

Fairplay

Finish Chapter 5

Sarah

Finish Chapter 6

Better Get Used to it

Finish Chapter 7

The Whore

Finish Chapter 8

A Trip to the Country

Finish Chapter 9

Omerta

Finish Chapter 10

Visiting Rich People

Finish Chapter 11

Great Deal!

Finish Chapter 12

Bon Appetit

Finish Chapter 13

Happy Birthday

Finish Chapter 14

You Lucky Bastard

Finish Chapter 15

Creme de la Creme

Finish Chapter 16

Election Campaign

Finish Chapter 17

Just for Relexation

Finish Chapter 18

Moonlighting

Finish Chapter 19

The Death of Art

Finish Chapter 20

Silver:

Rich man

Earn 20,000$ in Free Roam

Arms Dealer

Buy all weapons at Yellow Pete's

Mafioso

Kill 100 Enemies

Fugitive

Police wants you dead. Survive 10 minutes!

Gold:

Dead Hero

Finish the Story

Extreme

Complete all Free Ride Extreme Missions (Dont know if there's free ride extreme in the remake)

Hidden Trophies:

Bronze:

Racer

Escape within 90 seconds in chapter 1 (They changed the missions layout. I think this mission is more scripted than in the original)

Bulletproof

Don't get hit in chapter 2

Raid

In chapter 3, go into Morello's Bar and kill everyone (Morello's thugs come out to you anyways, so this trophy is unnecessary.)

Grand Prix Madman

Win the Race on the highest difficulty (looks like you can't choose the race's difficulty seperately. It's defined through the normal game difficulty)

Construction Site

Chase Morello to the bridge. Don't let him get to the airport.

Dog allergic

Avoid being bitten in "Election Campaign"

Insanity

Enter the museum without preparation at Yellow Pete's

Silver:

Missed me!

Finish a mission with 100% health

Grand Theft Auto

Steal every car at least once

mysterious

Get from one island to the other without using the train, bridge or tunnel (Dont know if there's free ride extreme in the remake)

Medic

Heal yourself 20 times

Traitor

Kill your friends (I dont know if that's possible in the remake)

I see white light

Finish a mission with 1% health (impossible. You heal yourself up to 20% at least)

Jam-Full

Fill Salieri's Garage

Gold:

Mass Murderer

Eliminate 30 enemies with every weapon

Edited by westersburg

I’m really excited to play this.

I’ll hold off until the new year since I have other games to play but I’ve been wanting to play Mafia 1&2 since the PS2 era.

That said, I watched a comparison between the original and definitive and the graphics look great but I’ll be honest the new performances came off as kitschy. 

• Like 1

Knowing how buggy Mafia 3 was at launch, and seeing the same companies do this Mafia 1 remake, I’m not holding my breath for the game to be smooth sailing. 

The Mafia 2 remaster is just enough for me to put a ‘Buyer Beware’ label on the remake. Even if I’m a sucker for the 1920s - 1980s era in American Mafia history. 

I’ll wait for the reviews to come out, see what people here think of it and make my own decision.

5 hours ago, Spaz said:

Knowing how buggy Mafia 3 was at launch, and seeing the same companies do this Mafia 1 remake, I’m not holding my breath for the game to be smooth sailing. 

The Mafia 2 remaster is just enough for me to put a ‘Buyer Beware’ label on the remake. Even if I’m a sucker for the 1920s - 1980s era in American Mafia history. 

I’ll wait for the reviews to come out, see what people here think of it and make my own decision.

Mafia 2 was from a complete other developer than mafia 3. I would just refer to all the gameplay and preview stuff that is already out there. Refering to that, it looks very polished so far (6/20 missions were playable) and 39,99 is not that a big risk to take in my opinion.

2 minutes ago, westersburg said:

Mafia 2 was from a complete other developer than mafia 3. I would just refer to all the gameplay and preview stuff that is already out there. Refering to that, it looks very polished so far (6/20 missions were playable) and 39,99 is not that a big risk to take in my opinion.

I like to wait for the games to get patches and updates so they run a little better if anything.

There's no doubt this game looks great. Mafia 3 looked great too, then people pointed out the glitches so I ended up waiting a while for the price to drop.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Spaz said:

I like to wait for the games to get patches and updates so they run a little better if anything.

There's no doubt this game looks great. Mafia 3 looked great too, then people pointed out the glitches so I ended up waiting a while for the price to drop.

Yeah that's a good decision in general. Difference between Mafia 1 and 3 is, that nobody received early copies or previous builts before release, because 2k knew, that the game wasn't polished at all. Mafia 3 was set to release at the end of 2017 but 2k forced hangar 13 to release it 1 year prior. I really hope that this game will be a great success (for the players and in sales), so we can get a mafia 4, which will be as good as mafia 1 and 2 were...

16 hours ago, westersburg said:

Yeah that's a good decision in general. Difference between Mafia 1 and 3 is, that nobody received early copies or previous builts before release, because 2k knew, that the game wasn't polished at all. Mafia 3 was set to release at the end of 2017 but 2k forced hangar 13 to release it 1 year prior. I really hope that this game will be a great success (for the players and in sales), so we can get a mafia 4, which will be as good as mafia 1 and 2 were...

Interesting, explains a lot in why the game was a bit of a buggy mess on the PS4 and PC versions. 

I reckon Mafia 4 will take place in the 1980s - 1990s. I wouldn’t mind if the franchise goes to the modern era, like the HBO series The Sopranos.

https://mafiagame.com/news/when-can-you-play-mafia-definitive-edition/

Console users who have preordered the game will have an opportunity to pre-install the game prior to release.

I'm wondering if this also applies to users who bought the trilogy. Because I could still pre-order Mafia 1 and I can't find a countdown on my PS4. ?

1 hour ago, woggly4 said:

https://mafiagame.com/news/when-can-you-play-mafia-definitive-edition/

I'm wondering if this also applies to users who bought the trilogy. Because I could still pre-order Mafia 1 and I can't find a countdown on my PS4. 1f914.png

Looks like it. I guess the game will be in the ps store for us germans at 01:00 am then. 

Edited by westersburg

9 minutes ago, Spaz said:

Only three days left.

Please don't fuck this one up 2K.

Well they already fucked up in releasing the trophy list early :D Im curious if we will see anyone or Hangar 13 posting it before the 24th. That's the date when embargos get lifted and i already know about a few youtuber, who will reveal the list then at least.

1 hour ago, westersburg said:

Well they already fucked up in releasing the trophy list early :D Im curious if we will see anyone or Hangar 13 posting it before the 24th. That's the date when embargos get lifted and i already know about a few youtuber, who will reveal the list then at least.

If the trophy list is anything like what we've gotten these past few years then it will be a pretty standard list.

So they announced today, that there won't be freeride extreme in the remake, but they enhanced the regular freeride with some bonus missions and stuff, so it sounds like they combined the old freeride and freeride extreme to the new freeride mode. Hope there are a few trophies related to that.

Source: https://mafiagame.com/de-DE/news/mafia-definitive-edition-free-ride-mode/ (hope the language changes in the language you want to)

Edited by westersburg

I don't want the game to be just a bunch of running around and finding useless collectibles. They have become a lot better in recent years, but they still annoy me.

We'll see how authentic they made the 1930s. They didn't do all too bad of a job with Mafia 3 which is set in the late 1960s.