My PS3 system is banned.

BrettyBoy

Like the topic title says, my PS3 system is banned, I can use psn on other consoles but no one is able to sign in on my console. 

Is it possible I’m banned for game sharing? A relative’s PS3 system is also banned. 

Edited by BrettyBoy

Account sharing is illegal under Sony's T&Cs, unless it's with a member of your immediate family i.e Mum, Dad, Brother, Sister and they live in your house, anyone else and you're in big trouble. Using Custom Firmware is also a bannable offence..

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.

49 minutes ago, BrettyBoy said:

Like the topic title says, my PS3 system is banned, I can use psn on other consoles but no one is able to sign in on my console. 

Is it possible I’m banned for game sharing? A relative’s PS3 system is also banned. 

Sounds like a question for Sony Support. 

I can only assume you've tried to do a system format/restore and tried again to eliminate the possibility that some how the system software got screwed up. Are you getting any kind of system messages when you try to sign in? Can you create Guest accounts and use the system?

Looks like you have hacked trophies on your account, so i guess you used some not allowed stuff to achieve those hacked trophies

And maybe sony caught you for that (even years after) because of using illegal stuff .. ? (CFW or things like that)

What else are you guys doing with your ps3? Obviously its not just game sharing. That would just get your account banned. And for those that say they won't ban you for game sharing, then feel lucky they haven't caught you. It is against T&C and they can if they want. It's just hard to prove it's not you over at a friends house or family house, probably also too much work. There's definitely a risk.

But OP if you are Jailbreaking. That's probably why. You are lucky its not your account too.

1 hour ago, DaivRules said:

I can only assume you've tried to do a system format/restore and tried again to eliminate the possibility that some how the system software got screwed up. Are you getting any kind of system messages when you try to sign in? Can you create Guest accounts and use the system?

It's a MAC ban. The only way to circumvent this is to use CFW to forcefully unban your console.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NERVergoproxy said:

What else are you guys doing with your ps3? Obviously its not just game sharing. That would just get your account banned. And for those that say they won't ban you for game sharing, then feel lucky they haven't caught you. It is against T&C and they can if they want. It's just hard to prove it's not you over at a friends house or family house, probably also too much work. There's definitely a risk.

But OP if you are Jailbreaking. That's probably why. You are lucky its not your account too.

At this point they probably don't care about gamesharing anymore, specially on ps3.

There was rumors of a few people being banned 10 years ago, nowadays I just highly doubt one will ever be banned for that (even on PS4).

There are people renting PS4 digital accounts for more than 5 years and they never lost an account access due to that.

The worst enemy of gamesharing is not a ban from Sony, but trusting whomever you're giving access to your account.

• Like 4

I have no clue what it could be if it isn’t gamesharing and I do have a small amount of hacked platinums from back when I was a moron but the hacks were used on a different console several years back which I had a cousin and friend do for me but I have heard of bans for gamesharing but as for the trophy hacks, they were the types were you use another player’s save file to obtain the trophies, not the actual trophy hacks where you’re actually hacking and I think Sony only gives a toss if it’s actual trophy hacks but idk.  

My birthday has passed back in May so maybe I would just wait until my next birthday to get a new PS3 console and not gameshare again and if my brother has a game I want to play but it’s digital, I will just get my own copy of said game. 

Edited by BrettyBoy

1 hour ago, LupusLance34 said:

Try from a friend's PS3.

Don’t know if I even have friends in real life anymore. 

On 25/06/2020 at 4:52 PM, SnowxSakura said:

Think the only thing they will ban a console over is for using CFW

I’m not sure what that is to be honest. 

• Like 1

You should contact Sony support then and find out directly what is going on if you didn't do what some say you are doing here.

Regarding game sharing, if they ask I would just tell them you and your brother own both the ps3 so both are on the consoles.

58 minutes ago, LupusLance34 said:

Then your PS3 should be the least of your concerns.

Not really, most people are fake nowadays anyway plus I think I possibly do still have at least one real life friend still but we haven’t talked since 2017 but he did follow me on Instagram late last year or some point this year. 

17 minutes ago, NERVergoproxy said:

You should contact Sony support then and find out directly what is going on if you didn't do what some say you are doing here.

Regarding game sharing, if they ask I would just tell them you and your brother own both the ps3 so both are on the consoles.

Thanks, man. 

Edited by BrettyBoy
  • Like 1