talespagni

Non-member Game Reviews

60 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, Golem25 said:

Might be worth having one dedicated review thread but I suspect it would need to be locked pretty soon after; tempers are still flaring.

There was a thread for posting other peoples reviews and yes it got locked. 

Other games here allow members to post their own review without being merged into the same thread, but people generally behaved in those other games threads.

17 minutes ago, Undead Wolf said:

When I saw the title of this thread, I thought it was going to be about this video. 1f61b.png

The Last of Us Part II: Streamer's Cut xDxDxD

Posted (edited)

4 minutes ago, DaivRules said:

There was a thread for posting other peoples reviews and yes it got locked. 

Other games here allow members to post their own review without being merged into the same thread, but people generally behaved in those other games threads.

I agreed with the lock tbf - previous post was not a dig at site/moderation policy.

Still awaiting the first Yakuza game divisive enough to inspire people to virtually bash eachother's heads in over reviews, that'll be the day.

Edited by Golem25

45 minutes ago, DaivRules said:

Who is this "Korean Gamer" and why did they need you to make a thread just for someone else's review?

"My job is to inform, not to convince."

(Saint Bernadette Soubirous)

While I do think this post is a bit out there, it's crazy that so many have taken such a harsh stance on either blindly defending or hating this game.

I did not enjoy the game, but people need to learn to accept each other's opinions here...there are very valid points on both sides.

12 minutes ago, DaivRules said:

So this extends to posting someone else's opinion and not just your own? 

I am all for discussion but the person whose ideas are being posted isn't even hear for the conversation. It is just the same 1 or 2 people copying any negative opinion as if it gives their unspoken opinion credence. 

3 minutes ago, GoDBoss173 said:

There is no need to be a empathyless dick.

Yeah lets make fun about a guy who grew up without a father just because he doesnt like a scene where a father figure is brutally murdered right in front of his "child".

I am not saying you should share his opinion, but at least understand where he is coming from.

Dont be baby, its a story and Joel is not his dad. If he wanted a father figure whyd he pick a character from a zombie game? His opinion is coming out his ass. Naughty Dog should just censor THEIR story because of some Korean’s feelings?

I think the story is trash, but it still seems unnecessary to post a single review if it's by somebody else.

Posted (edited)

19 minutes ago, GoDBoss173 said:

There is no need to be a empathyless dick.

Yeah lets make fun about a guy who grew up without a father just because he doesnt like a scene where a father figure is brutally murdered right in front of his "child".

I am not saying you should share his opinion, but at least understand where he is coming from.

Also, while Im here, it kind of pisses me off you took that original comment as making fun of his dead dad. I said fuck all about his dad and it feels as though youre reaching hard, just like this review.

Do I lack as much empathy as this reviewer? Nah, he called his dead video game dad a golf ball and went on to spout out shit like ‘Angry Lesbian’ game. Pathetic troll attempts in this thread

Edited by SasquatchSaul

Honestly, I could see where the Korean Reviewer was coming from. I did enjoy the first TLOU and found the relationship between Joel and Elle to be the biggest positive to the game itself. The fact they went and threw it all away for Neil Cuckmann's Political trash is honestly the most understandable reason for the backlash by the fans. Do I think it was an overreaction to a game? Yes. Do I think it was deserved? Yes. If not only for the TLOU, but only to serve as a message to the rest of the video game industry, involve your political correctness if you wish. But do not destroy a game for the sake of political correctness.

A well-written story would still be a well-written story regardless of whatever the character is black, trans, or a friggin' flying space octopus.

9 hours ago, talespagni said:

이 때문에 나는 가족해체를 가속화시키는, 특히 전통적 아버지상을 부정하는 PC 신봉자들을 이해하지 못하겠음. I have to say that I never understand the Social Justice Warriors who’d like to adhere to political correctness, accelerate a family separation, and deny a traditional father figure.

There's a massive misunderstanding from people of the meaning of the game. It is clear through all of the flashbacks, especially the ending one, that everything Joel did was for Ellie to have a normal life, even supporting the idea of her and Dina coming together. And like Joel did for Ellie with the Fireflies at the end of the last game, Ellie makes a decision outside of what he would have wanted, Ellie would have wanted to sacrifice herself for the cure, but that didn't happen, and Joel would have wanted her to have a normal life, and that didn't happen. He wouldn't have wanted her sacrificing everything she had to get revenge over his death, he wouldn't have wanted that for Tommy either. 

And this reviewer could have gotten something meaningful from the message of this game. His father wouldn't want him stuck in the past, thinking what would happen if he was still there, that's not what happened, and you have to live with it, and live your life instead of sacrificing it for the past. 

Why else would they choose to end the game on Joel? It came across like there was still great respect for the character.