Tales of Arise has been delayed

Xylobe

As you may have already seen in media stories and on our social media channels, we have made the decision to delay the launch timing of “Tales of Arise”, the latest title in the “Tales of” series.

The goal for Tales of Arise is to provide a familiar but innovative gameplay experience to fans of the series, while pushing the technical envelope to deliver a high level of graphical quality to impress both long-time players and those who have never played a Tales Of game. Development on the title has moved steadily forward in 2020 as we overcame challenges along the way.

While COVID-19 has affected some aspects of development, we’ve done our best to adapt to the situation and have implemented remote development capabilities for our team.

However, we will need more time to achieve the quality and provide the gorgeous experience we envision for our players, and therefore we decided to delay the launch timing for Tales of Arise.

A new launch window update will be provided once we have more details to share.

In the meantime, the determination of our development team has not weakened. It is always darkest before the dawn, as illustrated in the image below. We hope you will join us as a bring a new Tales Of adventure to light.

https://en.bandainamcoent.eu/tales-of/news/everyone-who-has-been-patiently-waiting-tales-of-arise

A bit disappointing, but this was to be expected imo. I would personally be surprised to see it before mid-2021.

• Like 3

It's awesome because this tells me the game is still in active development and they are not going to push out a half-baked product. It's alright, plenty of games to play in the meantime. By the time it releases, we should be months into PS5 probably so hey, I'll just play it on my PS5. :) This works out great. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Asimb0mb said:

Gonna call it right now, this will be a next gen exclusive. No PS4/Xbox One version.

I doubt it. Tales of Zestiria was released on both PS3 and PS4 two years after the PS4 was released. Berseria also saw a (JP only) PS3 release in 2016.

They want to sell as many copies as they can, so they'll opt for PS4 and PS5... unless Sony gives them some type of incentive to only release on PS5.

• Like 3

Understandable that this has happened, but I'm going to say I'm very disappointed and sad it's been delayed. I was looking forward to this game all year, love my tales series. But on the positive side, they now have got more time to improve it and make it even better, it will blow any JRPG fan out of the water. Hopefully it get released on the ps5, as well as the ps4. Looks like I'll be playing tales of symphonia this year, just to get my tales fix until it's released.

3 hours ago, ninjagirl657 said:

Understandable that this has happened, but I'm going to say I'm very disappointed and sad it's been delayed. I was looking forward to this game all year, love my tales series. But on the positive side, they now have got more time to improve it and make it even better, it will blow any JRPG fan out of the water. Hopefully it get released on the ps5, as well as the ps4. Looks like I'll be playing tales of symphonia this year, just to get my tales fix until it's released.

If  the quality of the story and cast is berseria/vesperia level then it will be a very good game. If it turns out to be zesteria level, uff.

That will all depend on how they have done the game, I agree story wise with something like Berseria it will be good. Zesteria I actually liked, I'm one of those rare tales fans that like's this game. I liked the graphics and it was fun to beat the final boss overpowered and on chaos or hard, whatever the trophy was for beaten him again & again. Be nice to see how they have done it with the mechanics, graphics and gameplay when they release Tales of Arise.

On 6/26/2020 at 3:33 AM, eigen-space said:

I doubt it. Tales of Zestiria was released on both PS3 and PS4 two years after the PS4 was released. Berseria also saw a (JP only) PS3 release in 2016.

They want to sell as many copies as they can, so they'll opt for PS4 and PS5... unless Sony gives them some type of incentive to only release on PS5.

Considering the extra horsepower, I wonder if this means they can play up to 90Hz at least on the PS5 version.

-

Not too fussed about the delay. I've never platted a Tales of game, much less finished Berseria. I'll be there to support a polished product as always.

Edited by Eraezr