K2thaE

Legend - Car Chase

16 posts in this topic

Hey Everyone,

I plat'd Yak 0  so im no slouch, but for [email protected]#$%#'s sake the car chase in Kiwami is longer and so bit harder than Yak 0's in my opinion. I have tried and i'm becoming fatigued lol. Anyone out there who is willing to shareplay and help me clear this dam level (the fight leading up to it so ridiculously easy with all the Climax Battle rewards) i will be more than willing to compensate their time and efforts with good ole cash!

Hoping some kind soul sees fit to help me out (im serious about the cash)!

Much thanks to the community and anyone who steps forward!

- Fellow Gamer,

Michel

Lol that chapter took me forever to clear on legend because of that damn car chase. I'd take you up on your offer but its been so long since i've done it i'm sure I wouldn't be of much help. just keep trying and you'll get past it i'm sure of it!

You may be surprised at your muscle memory! If you change your mind and wanna give 'er a go let me know! Been on it for three days straight now...

Almost 100 views and no takers eh? At 42 my reflexes aren't what they use to be. Aight, ill go further (four days trying to beat this dam stage). $200 dollars up for grabs... any takers? Got be some young stud or studette out there willing to make some cash? Come help this ole man out. lol

I ended up memorizing the whole thing to know beforehand how to respond. But if you are having trouble just put a video on a device while you are playing, watch a segment, play it, repeat. There are some tricks with certain enemies, like those in the little black truck. After some time, another enemy will pop over the roof of the truck, just shoot him once and he'll hide. After that keep killing the other enemies. You don't need to kill everything in order, shoot some enemies to hold their fire, like those machine-gun dudes in the large truck. Use heat mode only when an enemy is close to shoot and when a missile is being fired. The worst part for me is the chase at the end, keep your gun full and shoot like there's no tomorrow. Here, you must use Heat Mode ONLY when you are having trouble aiming the dude in the truck, if not just shoot without it, because if he begins to accelerate, you will need a lot of firepower to stop his attack.

and no, I will not do this for you, not even for $200. Just keep trying. It will feel better if you do it on your own.

Edited by Katt

Ya, there is an excellent utube video i follow that actually marks the enemies and when to shoot that is a BIG help and like i said, I'm no slouch (i plat'd Yak 0) but just cannot get this under my belt unfortunately. Appreciate the advice as always. Still hoping someone comes through to help out! lol.

It's not as hard as it seems

I would suggest that you would take down the guys on the bikes first and then move on to the cars

regarding the truck part you must take out one of the guys in front then the camera will focus on the guy with the rpg what you have to do here is clear the upcoming cars and make sure that you don't miss the incoming missiles as soon as you destroy a car focus on the rpg guy

after getting rid of him you will need to take out the guys on the bikes first just shoot the driver that's easier and don't forget the guy on the truck start shooting him when he goes on yellow or orange just two shots then clear the rest of the guys on bikes until you get rid of him as well

Zero I had one place where I struggled to get the plat. This game? 3 places. The car chase is easily one of them. Don’t give up!

On 6/29/2020 at 3:17 PM, dhelala said:

It's not as hard as it seems

I would suggest that you would take down the guys on the bikes first and then move on to the cars

regarding the truck part you must take out one of the guys in front then the camera will focus on the guy with the rpg what you have to do here is clear the upcoming cars and make sure that you don't miss the incoming missiles as soon as you destroy a car focus on the rpg guy

after getting rid of him you will need to take out the guys on the bikes first just shoot the driver that's easier and don't forget the guy on the truck start shooting him when he goes on yellow or orange just two shots then clear the rest of the guys on bikes until you get rid of him as well

It’s pretty simple, but It’s probably worth mentioning that if you are forced to take damage, make sure the car takes it instead of yourself. I remember getting past with a sliver of health on both Kiryu and the car.

This isnt hard, this is just not fun.

Dates driving forcing you to adjust is one thing but actively obscuring the camera and you being punishing for killing enemies is simply bad design. And the controls. Woof.

I’ll beat it eventually but good lord. 

I beat it. Not sure how.

Health was sub 50 and Car was 70-75 at the end Semi Truck section.

Absorbed 1 hit after 7-8 shots. Then fired until he was dead. Scored some good shots as he “backed off” buying me enough time. He was orange when I fired off the kill shot.

Thank God.

I also beat it after 6-7 tries!

By the time i reached the final part with the truck ramming you, i was very low on health (Kiryu's and car's). I knew i was not going to survive a hit.

But luckily for me, he didnt hit me. I was able to make him retreat once, and the second time he was comming toward me, i ended him.

My advice will be to aim for the perfect center!

If you hit him 3 or 4 times dead center he will retreat. 

Hope it helps.

17 hours ago, Booster92BG said:

I also beat it after 6-7 tries!

By the time i reached the final part with the truck ramming you, i was very low on health (Kiryu's and car's). I knew i was not going to survive a hit.

But luckily for me, he didnt hit me. I was able to make him retreat once, and the second time he was comming toward me, i ended him.

My advice will be to aim for the perfect center!

If you hit him 3 or 4 times dead center he will retreat. 

Hope it helps.

Yeah.... 6-7 tries... that’s how many it took me too 

2tfsx4.jpg

Congrats! It’s a relief to be done with it.

On this bit now, and fair to say it isn't happening, took me about 60 attempts on hard and I still feel I fluked that victory, only now there is 15 minutes minimum of level to have an attempt, no thank you. Plat ender. 
Edit: 20 hours later and finally moving onto chapter 10 :)

Edited by climbinsnail

For anyone attempting this car chase on legend, please use this video:

It helped me a lot and the number on enemies you have to kill first are a blessing. The only problem I had was with a truck driver at the end. You have to take cover pretty soon to not take enough damage. After that you need to spam him with bullets and shooting ideal center point.

I remember this level on the original for ps2 took me forever and that would have been normal difficulty.  This version I played on normal, guess I have something to look forward to...or not on legend.

I struggled so much in Kiwami, but the car chase was somehow easy for me. Got it on my first try, but I watched the guide side by side.

Use the video and watch the first section, pause it and try it yourself. Pause the game and watch the video again and so on.

Had way more problems with the car chase in Zero, that thing nearly drove me insane.

If I could do it, then you can too!