Some things that need to be addressed...

I knew some of this stuff already, but the origin of the "70%" is the fact I found most interesting. So it's only counting the designers who left after Uncharted 4, huh. Do we know the numbers for the rest of the team?

BTW, this was a good and informative post. Thanks for putting the information together ?

Edited by Alderriz
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, Alderriz said:

I knew some of this stuff already, but the origin of the the "70%" is the fact I found most interesting. So it's only counting the designers who left after Uncharted 4, huh. Do we know the numbers for the rest of the team?

BTW, this was a good and informative post. Thanks for putting the information together 1f44d.png

Many programmers and designers who work with gaming companies are contract so most could be gone simply because their contract is over.

26 minutes ago, Alderriz said:

I knew some of this stuff already, but the origin of the the "70%" is the fact I found most interesting. So it's only counting the designers who left after Uncharted 4, huh. Do we know the numbers for the rest of the team?

BTW, this was a good and informative post. Thanks for putting the information together 1f44d.png

There are no exact official numbers for the rest of the Uncharted 4 development team, but at the end of that Kotaku crunch article, it says:

"After Uncharted 4 and Uncharted Lost Legacy, even some of the designers and artists who had been at Naughty Dog for more than a decade decided to call it quits. One developer told me that toward the end of 2017 and into 2018, it felt like they were getting new farewell emails every week."

So it sounds like the crunch for the last couple games was the most brutal and that led to a larger than usual departure rate of employees.

I doubt there is anyone left at ND that worked on the Jak series for example.

But it's important to note that crunch is not the only factor in people leaving even though it is a significant one. People get older and they don't have the stamina they used to, or they got married and had kids and want to focus on their family. They may want to work on their passion project, start their own studio, etc. People rarely stay at one company their entire career.

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, Seraphim_Rez said:

So it sounds like the crunch for the last couple games was the most brutal and that led to a larger than usual departure rate of employees.

Sounds so.

Also, both games have been delayed 3 times. I've been listening to old episodes of a podcast about Playstation. In one of the episodes from 2016 there was a news item about how Uncharted 4 was delayed for manufacturing reasons. When TLOU2 was delayed the third time they mentioned the same reason, but this time due to covid. Don't want to start another conspiracy theory here ?, but it happened two times in a row to ND (if you don't count The Lost Legacy which is a smaller game). It made me think that the real reason both times was also crunch and not being able to finish the game in time. Not saying I'm convinced that's what happened, just wanted to throw it out there.

Edited by Alderriz
  • Like 1

Cleaned up the thread a bit. Can everyone please try and stay on topic instead of calling each other names or just posting to troll? 

If you want to provide your own evidence to disprove the OP, tell them that this doesn't change your opinion of the company, agree with them, post more info, or whatever, that's fine. If you're just going to post to troll and give grief, go elsewhere. We've been going through this like every other day...

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, Beyondthegrave07 said:

Cleaned up the thread a bit. Can everyone please try and stay on topic instead of calling each other names or just posting to troll? 

If you want to provide your own evidence to disprove the OP, tell them that this doesn't change your opinion of the company, agree with them, post more info, or whatever, that's fine. If you're just going to post to troll and give grief, go elsewhere. We've been going through this like every other day...

About time some damn order was brought in here, Beyond!  Wasn’t me helping you in TLoU multiplayer good enough for something?  ? Just kidding...

So, in reference to the OP’s post about who Abby is modeled after (which you ninja-edited from your original post)...

The fact that they brought the most obscure, ridiculous-looking, disturbing, Abbomination of a creature to be the ‘spiritual’ body double instead of the original model and voice actress known as Laura Bailey (gorgeous woman) is quite grotesque, and exemplifies how a warped psyche like Anita Sarkeesian can humiliate, disrespect, and bastardize a franchise that a lot of people fell in love with.  And that’s a FACT.

Tell me I’m wrong, or talk about my body parts in a disrespectful manner.  Makes no difference to me.  ?

‘I will SPLAAAAAAASSSSSHHHH the pot whenever I feel like it!’

giphy.gif

Edited by Starcade_Legend
Grammar/Punctuation
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, Weskerfan75 said:

I swear this whole thing is so pathetic. If the game is SO bad people could just, y'know, not buy it. This is giving me Ghostbusters 2016 flashbacks. 

I totally agree 100%.

But that goes both ways, believe it or not: if someone thinks the game is SO good they could just, ya know, buy it.  ?

Where are we going with this?  ?

13 minutes ago, yellowwindow7 said:

all of this is fine to me as long as I have to play the game myself to fully judge it, then this BS of Naughty Dog is manipulating the Metacritic scores ( because this is now is what selling games believe it or not ) if you gave the game a 5 or 4 or lower the site will claim that the page does not existed, a youtuber have made a video of giving the game a lower score and the site have rejected his user score by giving him an error code the moment he post a 10 out of 10 or a 9 and the site have accepted the score right away.

I think the thing with Metacritic disabling scores was because the game was getting review bombed with 0's. Not even 12 hours after the gme launched there were already thousands of negative reviews by people who most definetly didn't play it and most likely didn't even own it.

3 minutes ago, luke50322 said:

anybody here play call of duty

Yeah Black Ops 2 is my favorite game because it has no politics. Great to play alongside Bioshock and Fallout. 

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, NxtDutch said:

Well said OP.  There is a lot of misinformation out there on ND, and TLOU Part II.

The game is excellent.  I did not agree with, a particular plot point.  But I didn't notice any SJW "propaganda".

So for me, 9 out of 10 of those points I never even heard there was a conflict about.  I just mainly heard of ND getting critical acclaim for TLoU and Uncharted Series, but I’m a filthy casual about that stuff so...yeah.

As far as the SJW stuff, I’m not a cheerleader of any specific fan club, to be honest.  I AM a businessman, though.  And it cringes me to see businesses make the most obviously blatant missteps for a certain ‘message’.  Now don’t get me wrong: unlike most people I do understand WHY a business would pepper their product with a certain narrative/agenda...I’m just saying it has to be more subtle or ‘honest’, if you will.

What happened to that certain individual was not ‘subtle’ or ‘honest’; that was rushed and excused so the narrative can get on with the MAIN story.  Again,  SONY/ND can do what they want/hire whoever they want to consult...but if we’re honest about this situation, one ‘team’ is  mad about how disrespectful it was.  It doesn’t get more straightforward than that.  And ‘screw that team’, right?  Welll, does that ‘team’ mainly keep the lights on (at the moment) for that company? ?

As for me personally, without condoning or condemning their decisions, from a business standpoint...I understand.  BUT...if the sales fail to meet their expectations from coming off of such a storied original journey with the potential to have multiple record-breaking games in this franchise gets marred because of the anxiousness to ‘rush progress’ (especially while everyone is home and want something to play), then...they messed up.  And someone’s gonna have to answer for the design direction taken.

It’s all about the Benjamins, dude.  It might be wrapped in certain Political Blankets and whatnot, but at the end of the day, it’s ALWAYS about the Benjamins.

Grammar/Punctustion
  • Like 1

46 minutes ago, yellowwindow7 said:

now I lost my interest on getting the game brand new or even digitally, RIP Joel and TLOU brand as a whole, should have never put this political agenda in video games and should have never made a sequel to one of the greatest games ever made, the story should have just ended with the first game and be done with.

This is an example of going ‘too hard’ in one direction, and one ‘team’ responding just as hard the other way.  ‘Subtle’ and ‘honest’...that would have made a lot more sense, in my opinion.

Unless Naughty Dog kills the sales expectations worldwide.  Then...screw what me or anyone else thinks.  Bring on more Abbomynations!  ?

I just had a thought: what if there was a Mercenaries/Zombies/Horde-type mode, where it was essentially a Boss Mode made up of nothing but Abbomynations!  That would be crazy!  ?

Grammar/Punctuation