Observation about the tech. advancement of games

Lord_Azrath

So, during the current quaratine, I'm starting to replay a lot of games that I played years and years ago, as well as games I was on the fence on.

I played through The Crew 2 on PS4 a few months ago, and now I'm replying Need For Speed: The Run. The last time I played the latter was all the way back in 2011 or 2012, what feels like an eternity ago.

I just find it funny that the plot of NFS: The Run is driving across the United States in these highly scripted, tightly controlled small races in a 2hour ish story, and that literally a few months ago I was playing The Crew 2, a game which has the ENTIRE CONTINETIAL US as playable area.

Funnily enough, in The Crew 2 there is a hypercar race where you drive from the USA coast to coast, and it takes 40 minutes of real time to finish the race.

Anyways, I hope I made sense here! Pretty amazing how far the tech in games has come!

Edited by Lord_Azrath

17 minutes ago, Lord_Azrath said:

Funnily enough, in The Crew 2 there is a hypercar race where you drive from the USA coast to coast, and it takes 40 minutes of real time to finish the race. 

That's nothing! There is a race in the first Crew that is 3 hours and 30 minutes long. Haha