New lighter, thinner PlayStation Vita announced

ridwaano

I'm sorry but an extra hour of battery life and 1 GB of memory isn't going to make up for the removal of the OLED screen. It's the same price as the regular Vita anyway, so I don't see the logic here from Sony.

OMG! I wasn't aware of that. Why did they removed the OLED?

I was so happy with the OLED.

Edited by Sagara_Shinji

is it cheaper???

The price when converted is roughly £120, which is the same price as a regular Vita over here in the UK, so probably not. Even if it is cheaper when it releases over here it will probably only be a £20-30 difference, I see it maybe retailing at £99. I'd rather spend an extra £30 on the regular Vita though because the OLED display is better. 

Not sure how much Vita's retail for over in the US, but I am assuming it's similar in price?

Edited by AndroidFox

The price when converted is roughly £120, which is the same price as a regular Vita over here in the UK, so probably not. Even if it is cheaper when it releases over here it will probably only be a £20-30 difference, I see it maybe retailing at £99. I'd rather spend an extra £30 on the regular Vita though because the OLED display is better. 

Not sure how much Vita's retail for over in the US, but I am assuming it's similar in price?

Well I dont care much for the oled display, my concern were always the weight and dimensions, it was too big for me to keep on the road, and now that they took care abot this its almost perfect for me. Also a -30£ is a huge drop considering its almost 50$ O_O

well that would suck if it is at the same price point might as well get a regular vita

also don't know much about the screen -_-

Some reports suggest that the new vita will have a HD LCD screen. The OLED one isnt hd and the vita wont play hd movies. So this may be reason for the LCD screen and the 64 GB card as HD movies are big files - The Hobbit for example is almost 8GB when downloaded from PS Store....

Some reports suggest that the new vita will have a HD LCD screen. The OLED one isnt hd and the vita wont play hd movies. So this may be reason for the LCD screen and the 64 GB card as HD movies are big files - The Hobbit for example is almost 8GB when downloaded from PS Store....

Say what? both are HD lmao... ~_~; where did you get that Vita wont play HD movies? lol

OLED is qHD (960×540) which is exactly one quarter of a Full HD (1080p) frame, in a 16:9 aspect ratio,

next comes that LCD will have more power consumption, dont know what they planing to do.

Current Vita Display: 5-inch (16:9) 960 x 544 OLED multi-touch capacitive touchscreen, approximately 17 million color.

New Vita Display: 5 inches (16:9) 960 x 544 LCD multi-touch capacitive touchscreen approximately 16 million colors.

Edited by Otase84
  • Like 3

Say what? both are HD lmao... ~_~; where did you get that Vita wont play HD movies? lol

Have you ever tried to rent a HD movie from the PSN store on a vita?

I have never had the option - it will only let you have the SD version.

My Vita downloads much faster than my wirelessly set up PS3 and I generally dl with the vita and copy over to the PS3 to watch, but it doesnt let you dl HD versions. So the vita doesnt do HD movies :(

I've owned a PSP-1000 soon after launch and never upgraded. I've owned a PS Vita (Vita-1000?) since last October and I love it. White is also a great color for a portable system imho and these little upgrades have never amounted to much in the end.

I'd much rather have the OLED display than smaller dimensions and a lighter weight. Frankly I like the size of the thing, even with my smaller hands. If it were any smaller I'd have more cramping problems from keeping my fingers on the trigger buttons.

Happy about the memory cards however, that will really help as my 32gb card is already full.