Which PS3 or PS4 game that you were excited about never got made?

Mine are Dante's Purgatorio and Dante's Paradiso for PS3. I have read through the entirety of the original poem Inferno by the real Dante Alighieri (translated from Italian) and I've been meaning to pick up Purgatorio and Paradiso as well. I love that the poem is an allegory of the process by which a human soul is saved by grace (from a Catholic point of view, anyhow) and at the end of Dante's Inferno for PS3, it shows the mount of purgatory from the second part of the poem and says "to be continued." Unfortunately, however, Visceral Games went under and we never got to see the second or third game, which really is a crying shame because the poem is phenomenal and is considered an epic. I also really enjoyed the look and feel of the game. The artists did a great job on Satan's appearance and the voice acting for him was superb, in my opinion. I could see how it might be less fun for someone who is not a Christian, though. Another of the games I really wanted was Banjo-Threeie for the N64 or Gamecube. What are some of yours?

• Like 2

Mine is Legacy of Kain Dead Sun, that was supossed to come out for the Ps3

LoK series might be my favorite just for how many bat-shit crazy left turns it makes. Seriously, you can never predict where the story is going to go next. It starts out as a fairly standard dark-fantasy game, where you play as a vampire. Then you are a soul-vampire who has to undo the actions of the previous main character in order to appease a giant cthulu-god. Then we jump back in time to when Kain was still around, and oh shit, it's aliens from another dimension, get 'em! Then comes all the time travel. I want another one just so I can see what batshit crazy thing they come up with next. 

It's sad that they cancelled Dead sun, the more I hear about it the more i kind of wish it had come out. Maybe they'll let Crystal Dynamics have a go at another LoK title in the future.

• Like 1

I tried to find something but couldnt, and I am sure it is not a delusion of mine.

I remember seeing a game that had a futuristic setting where the protagonist was a swordman, I think it had some sort of relation with Musashi. From what I can remember it was not the work of a big studio, and I think there was some sort of crowdfunding to develop the game. They reached some goals, but apparently it was not enough and the project was dropped. I still remember the images and how awesome it looked (at least at the time), but dont remember watching any video. It was on the PS3 era. 

Ok mine did actually get made...but made way too late. It was Sorcery for the Ps3.

Back when i worked at Playstation i saw this Move title and thought "this will be the game to really move the Move" (sorry for the pun).

I remember it had an early release date and i talked to my friend who ran a movie theater if i could do a midnight party when the new Harry Potter movie came out. Basically show up for all the people waiting in line for Harry Potter and do a big demo where i would have multiple ps3 with Sorcery.

Well the game got delayed and delayed and delayed and when it finally came out it was awesome but much too late to make a difference ☹

• Like 1

Obligatory P.T./Silent Hills post. Even if I'm not into horror games I would have liked to have seen how that turned out.

Star Wars: 1313. It looked like it could have been really good, but it got cancelled for whatever reason. And with that there was also what was originally going to be Battlefront III and the sequel to Republic Commando, though the latter didn't leave the concept phase probably because of how strange and mismanaged LucasArts was in general.

The original Prey 2 looked really cool too. Playing as a space bounty hunter going through an alien city would have been neat. Plus I would just like a game in general where you play as a futuristic bounty hunter.

2 minutes ago, Redgrave said:

The original Prey 2 looked really cool too. Playing as a space bounty hunter going through an alien city would have been neat. Plus I would just like a game in general where you play as a futuristic bounty hunter.

I've never really played space or alien video games, but as far as movies go, I absolutely love The Chronicles of Riddick films. Vin Diesel does a phenomenal job in that role. If you like space, you should totally check them out. 

Pitch Black (2000)

The Chronicles of Riddick (2004)

Riddick (2013)

Riddick 4: Furya (Not Yet Filmed)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Conzi2008 said:

I was anticipating a TimeSplitters 4 on PS3. Loved 2 and Future Perfect. After the flop that was Haze my dreams were crushed!

Fortunately for me, there seems to finally be talks about a new TimeSplitters sometime in the future, but it's been a long wait!

This one !

I really loved Timesplitters 2 (a little less Future Perfect but still great ^^)

So obviously i would love to see TS 4 coming some day ... but after many rumors and news about it, still nothing =/

• Like 4

31 minutes ago, westersburg said:

Definitely Battlefield Bad Company 3. There were some rumours that it was in development 2,5 years ago but it seems like it was cancelled. Shame. BFBC1 and 2 are two of my absolute favorite FPS.

Good one! I enjoyed the first more than the second, but Bad Company (single player) was an awesome IP. Shame. 

My pick is Freedom Fighters 2. I’d even have settled for just a PS3 remaster of Freedom Fighters. Loved it. I also had a Xbox 360 back then and it annoyed me to no end that the NA version of Freedom Fighters was actually made compatible for the American Xbox 360 but the EU version was not and I was out of luck. At one point I even seriously considered buying an original XBOX (the game ran much better on XBOX than PS2) just to be able to play this game...

Unfortunately this IP was lost in time. I don’t think it will ever get a sequel.

Edited by Sifferino
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, Kristen Danielle said:

I've never really played space or alien video games, but as far as movies go, I absolutely love The Chronicles of Riddick films. Vin Diesel does a phenomenal job in that role. If you like space, you should totally check them out. 

Pitch Black (2000)

The Chronicles of Riddick (2004)

Riddick (2013)

Riddick 4: Furya (Not Yet Filmed)

Yeah, I've seen Pitch Black and Chronicles of Riddick as well as that animated movie they did. It's a cool setting that I know also has some games that I haven't played myself, but I like the aesthetic and think that a space bounty hunter style game would be perfect for it.

2 hours ago, Redgrave said:

Yeah, I've seen Pitch Black and Chronicles of Riddick as well as that animated movie they did. It's a cool setting that I know also has some games that I haven't played myself, but I like the aesthetic and think that a space bounty hunter style game would be perfect for it.

Oh, yes. I'd play a Riddick game in a heartbeat, but it would have to be good. Most movie-to-game experiences aren't.