Just got the plat. Was stuck at 99 with all saying they registered. For me however

The spatula 'a wall in the chum bucket' was the one I was missing yet the game said I had collected. 

Just a heads up for anyone who is stuck at 99 try getting that one if u didn't already. 

You go inside the chum bucket jump on the table and wall bounce off the pipe

13 minutes ago, DannPS said:

I just need the spatula that squidward gives you for jumping around, thats the only glitch I have encountered. 

I was able to get that spatula by just talking to him 10 times which also popped that specific trophy unless you HAVE TO get that spatula right after the tutorial 

3 minutes ago, ShahinMiah said:

I was able to get that spatula by just talking to him 10 times which also popped that specific trophy unless you HAVE TO get that spatula right after the tutorial 

Apparently you have to get the spatula before leaving the house for the first time. 

A lot of people seem to have the same problem so it should hopefully be fixed in the games next patch.

On 05/07/2020 at 7:46 AM, DoodgraverNL said:

I didn't get the one from Slip Slide Away in Rock Bottom. Collected it as the timer went to 0. Mr. Krabs even congratulated me, but it didn't count and it also says I still need to collect it. But it won't reappear.

It's the only one I missed too.

I don't wanna do it all over again and get the same bug (or another), but I don't know if they gonna fix it.

At around the 92nd spatula mark, I realised that I had run into a problem. I needed to collect 8 more spatulas, but could only get 5 more. I reloaded my game and checked the save file, which credited me with collecting 95 spatulas, not 92 like the in-game counter was saying.

I wanted to create this forum post, to document every falsely registered spatula and a few other game-breaking glitches that can occur, which force you to restart from the beginning.

I imagine that this glitch theoretically could affect all 100 spatulas, but so far I can only confirm three specific problem spatulas 

The first spatula is in the level Spongebob’s dream, on the pause menu it will be called super bounce. The spatula is located on top of Squidward’s house, it’s accessed by jumping on the bounce pads between Sandy and Squidward’s house. You will know if you’re missing this spatula, because the trophy sleepy time will not have unlocked yet.

The second most common spatula, is the Bikini Bottom spatula, a wall jump in the bucket. To get this spatula, go into the chum bucket, jump from a table onto the vent and wall jump to the spatula.

The final spatula is located in the Flying Dutchman’s graveyard, called a path through the goo. To get this spatula you have to pay a clam some shinies to access a button in a chest, once you press the button an animation will play showing the path to a golden spatula, on my play through the path was just goo initially. Once the animation plays you either have to press the button again, or revisit the chest at a later date and then press the button again. After that a path will appear with a 30 second timer, simply complete the path in 30 seconds to earn the spatula.

other potential glitches:

very early on in the game you can enter Squidward’s house, destroy all his furniture and earn a spatula. Apparently if you enter, then talk to Squidward and leave without destroying all his furniture, it can cause the game to bug. This will result in you no longer being able at all, even if you destroy every item in Squidward’s house and interact with him. If you’ve experienced this, the only currently known solution is to start the game again from a new save.

Finally, a much less common glitch than Squidward’s spatula but a far worse one, is a glitch involving the ‘infestation at the Krusty Krab’ spatula. Apparently, if you clear the restaurant of robots before talking to Mr Krabbs, Mr Krabbs will not initiate the voice queue that rewards you with a golden spatula, which results in you not being able to get the spatula. This would result in a restart if you wanted to 100% the game. It’s important to note, that not talking to Mr Krabbs beforehand doesn’t guarantee this glitch, as I have done this without said glitch occurring, but if you’re coming up to this spatula in your play through, it’s not worth the risk. This is currently the worst glitch I could find for bfbb in terms of ruining the game, as you’d only get hit with the glitch, once you’ve already finished most of the game and might not even realise  you’ve run into this problem until much later on.

Thank you for taking the time to read this post, hopefully it has helped you out. If you know of anymore problematic glitches or broken spatulas, please post them in the comment section.

Edited by a-middleton
  • Like 1

In my case I didn't get the one from Slip Slide Away in Rock Bottom. I hit it in time and Mr. Krabs even congratulated me, but it didn't count, it's gray on menu so it not registered but it won't reappear.

Make another save, grind till get the 25 spatulas required to open Rock Bottom, go there and get it without problem this time, thinking maybe the game will register the add spatula (saw one guy tell it works for him with the Squidward one), but didn't get the trophy.

Edited by willianmarques

• 1 year later...
On 13.7.2020 at 4:33 PM, willianmarques said:

In my case I didn't get the one from Slip Slide Away in Rock Bottom. I hit it in time and Mr. Krabs even congratulated me, but it didn't count, it's gray on menu so it not registered but it won't reappear.

The same thing just happend to me.

Make another save, grind till get the 25 spatulas required to open Rock Bottom, go there and get it without problem this time, thinking maybe the game will register the add spatula (saw one guy tell it works for him with the Squidward one), but didn't get the trophy.

Since you got the platinum after this, how did you fix it?

EDIT: I downloaded an earlier save and got it on replaying from there.

Edited by Infernopommes

• 7 months later...
18 hours ago, Chlorhydric said:

Thought that after almost two years since the release, game would have been patched and nothing to worry about... 

I just lost my save cause the Rock Bottom Slip sliding away spatula glitched on me. Awesome. So be careful 

Sorry to hear that man, lucky i haven't started this yet.

On 7/4/2022 at 2:29 AM, Chlorhydric said:

Thought that after almost two years since the release, game would have been patched and nothing to worry about... 

I just lost my save cause the Rock Bottom Slip sliding away spatula glitched on me. Awesome. So be careful 

Same for me zzzzz

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

This game is broken.

cant get the spatula trophies, therefore no Platinum either.

All the 'work arounds' don't seem to work.

Bug for me was 'Rock Bottom Slip sliding away spatula', cant get to 100 Spatulas, game is permo-broken.. stuck on 99 and it wont let me complete it.

This is a really common error, they have known about for a while and done nothing.

I hope I have to come back and update this post, however I'm not holding my breath.  Not the first THQ that has failed with no support.

This should just work, don't support this game, as the developers don't support the players. 

Otherwise great game.