The Last of Us Part II is now the fastest-selling PS4 exclusive ever

From a non-fan of the series overall, I've been curious to see how the game will sell. In order to observe if the title is successful or not we'll have to track the sales of the game after the first 10 days. Of course this game would sell like hotcakes on launch. The hype around it has been massive and the first game has been universally seen as a masterpiece (even though ND games were never my cup of tea). Let's wait and see if they can keep it up or if the sales are going to stale rapidly after that.

It's only natural that these games sell faster because we're at the end of the life cycle. A lot more PS4 owners today as opposed to when, for instance, Uncharted 4 came out, or even Spider-Man. These statistics are always fun food for thought but never really solid comparisons. A lot more people spend money on the App Store today compared to in 2009, partly due to the widespread adoption of the platform itself.

The game received rave reviews and was the sequel to one of the highest-rated games in history. Nobody should be surprised by this.

It's also no indication of its quality or the lack thereof.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ShadowReplicant said:

Get woke, go broke, am I right, guys? ... Guys?

EXACTLY GET WOKE GO BR- *watches sales numbers*

*brain short circuit*

Uh... is the game fun? Can you play... golf in it? ?

EDIT - let's hope it outsells TLOU1, the bar is quite high though.

Edited by Ekir
  • Like 1

But what is the surprise? I never played The Last of Us and have literally zero interest, but even so I only heard showers of praise for the first game, so it is natural that people would buy the second part. If I was a fan, even if I didnt like what I heard about before, I would still give it a try. Even if the story and the characters are shit or not so good, there are other elements to be enjoyed in a game like OST, graphics and the gameplay itself, it's different from a movie.