The Last of Us Part II is now the fastest-selling PS4 exclusive ever

3 hours ago, SnowxSakura said:

Nice gatekeeping man. A lot of people enjoy spoilers, you'd be surprised at people that go out of their way to spoil things they love because they enjoy it.

r/gatekeeping is where this belongs

Also just because you love something greatly doesn't mean it is immune to criticism, no game is ever going to be perfect and being able to recognize its flaws is what can help developers improve their experience. Just like people will point out good aspects in bad games, you should have the critical thinking to point out the bad in good games.

1. This dude I’m replying to gatekept HIMSELF by deciding not to buy the game months before release because of what another troll that aimed to make the game look bad posted. I can’t gatekeep someone that doesn’t want in....................

2. I have no idea where you saw me saying the game was immune to criticism. All I said was that I **along** with the fans of the original loved it (I was making a distinction between fans and I because you can look up my account I didn’t even play the first game). Obviously there are things to criticize in all games. 

3. Yes devs benefit from criticism of their product but when it’s constructive criticism coming from the people who actually tried their games. Not from random internet trolls who decided to hate their work without experiencing it and are just constantly repeating what other trolls told them to think.

27 minutes ago, TJ_Solo said:

Define "a lot". This topic has defined what is regarded as the fastest selling PS4 game. 

Hell, even in the conversations here when you check the profiles, most of the negativity comes from people that don't have TLOU2. There are some with the game but I wouldn't call that "a lot of people". 

The game isn't divisive among the people that have bought and played the game. There is a consensus that the game and story are a good or even an improvement over the first. game. Perfect? nope. Completely ruined? Nope.  

Basically this.

1 hour ago, TJ_Solo said:

If you played the first game and talked about it with people then a diverse take on the story should be expected.

Define "a lot". This topic has defined what is regarded as the fastest selling PS4 game. 

Hell, even in the conversations here when you check the profiles, most of the negativity comes from people that don't have TLOU2. There are some with the game but I wouldn't call that "a lot of people". 

The game isn't divisive among the people that have bought and played the game. There is a consensus that the game and story are a good or even an improvement over the first. game. Perfect? nope. Completely ruined? Nope.  

I really have only seen that "consensus" among the press that received the game before anyone else, the truth. I don't know what you are be based on to say that this consensus exists among the players.

Just now, RandomWhorie said:

I really have only seen that "consensus" among the press that received the game before anyone else, the truth. I don't know what you are be based on to say that this consensus exists among the players.

You're on a site that has the consensus I speak about among the the gamers with proof that they played the game.

The division you are pointing out is on a site that doesn't require any proof of game ownership or play time. Review bombing is a joke and you'd have to be braindead to view such a tactic as proof of what the community feels.

1 minute ago, TJ_Solo said:

You're on a site that has the consensus I speak about among the the gamers with proof that they played the game.

The division you are pointing out is on a site that doesn't require any proof of game ownership or play time. Review bombing is a joke and you'd have to be braindead to view such a tactic as proof of what the community feels.

I know the website you are referring to but they decided not to continue deleting negative comments because there is real and no troll criticism around the game.

2 minutes ago, RandomWhorie said:

I know the website you are referring to but they decided not to continue deleting negative comments because there is real and no troll criticism around the game.

Like I said. Reviewbombing is a thing and is happening. To not see it, to pretend it isn't a thing says more about you than anything else.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, TJ_Solo said:

Like I said. Reviewbombing is a thing and is happening. To not see it, to pretend it isn't a thing says more about you than anything else.

A vast majority of the user 10s are botted as well (potentially even a higher proportion), so I'm not sure why you're cherrypicking information to suit this narrative.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, BeautifulTorment said:

A vast majority of the user 10s are botted as well (potentially even a higher proportion), so I'm not sure why you're cherrypicking information to suit this narrative.

Where did you see me relying on Metacritic for my posts? 

I pointed out that user score is pointless on a site that doesn't valiadate whether or not the reviews from people that have bought and played the game. My comment about concensus is in respect to this site and all the profiles with the game in these topics.

Edited by TJ_Solo
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, BeautifulTorment said:

Where did you see me mention Metacritic? What are you getting at?

Metacritic was the site I was implying in previous posts.

Metacritic is the site that you're are speaking about when mentioning there being bots doing 10/10 reviews 

Don't be petty and twist comments, bud. You aren't ready.

Edited by TJ_Solo
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, TJ_Solo said:

Metacritic was the site I was implying in previous posts.

Metacritic is the site that you're are speaking about when mentioning there being bots doing 10/10 reviews 

Don't be petty and twist comments, bud. You aren't ready.

Twist comments? You're the one editing your posts after I've already responded. Clearly we were both talking about metacritic, and you were the one who decided to take the conversation down a couple notches. I was simply obliging.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, BeautifulTorment said:

Twist comments? You're the one editing your posts after I've already responded. Clearly we were both talking about metacritic, and you were the one who decided to take the conversation down a couple notches. I was simply obliging.

No, you were raising a pointless complaint that wasn't worth mentioning in the conversation I was involved in.

The other person wants to pretend MC is a concensus of gamers, I explained why it is not. I also clarifiedm twice, that my comment about concenus isn't based on MC.

You jump in bringing up the dumbest of the dumb nitpicks on how I didn't mention that there are bots giving 10s too.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, sephiroth4424 said:

Does ''review bombing'' have to do with negativity or the number of reviews? Because i don't get why it's considered bombing, when this thread implies that the game is selling like there is no tomorrow

Number one thing: It has to do with the fact there were 20k reviews a few hours after the game had come out when the game is 25hours long. 

Number two thing: No game has even close to the number of review this game has despite it having sold 30 times less than GTA V and much less than games like CoD or Fifa. Sales are completely irrelevant.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, TJ_Solo said:

No, you were raising a pointless complaint that wasn't worth mentioning in the conversation I was involved in.

The other person wants to pretend MC is a concensus of gamers, I explained why it is not. I also clarifiedm twice, that my comment about concenus isn't based on MC.

You jump in bringing up the dumbest of the dumb nitpicks on how I didn't mention that there are bots giving 10s too.

Right. Lets only look at one side of the issue. Delete all the 0s and call it a day. The problems surrounding user reviews run a lot deeper than your superficial view of it, I guess. If you want to keep being ignorant with weak attempts to insult me then by all means go for it. It won't make you appear any less ignorant though.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Lovenewton said:

Number one thing: It has to do with the fact there were 20k reviews a few hours after the game had come out when the game is 25hours long. 

Number two thing: No game has even close to the number of review this game has despite it having sold 30 times less than GTA V and much less than games like CoD or Fifa. Sales are completely irrelevant.

I'm certain many copies where sold one day before the 19th. I had friends in psn playing the game

Why do someone have to finish something before he reviews it? If you taste food and it's gross, you can't say it before you eat it all?

GTA V came out on 2013. Now we have 2020. I believe there is no need to explain the difference

• Like 1

When it comes to MC, they tipped their hand. They were on tlou2 subreddit, 4chan, youtube channels beforehand saying they were going to do it. And right on que it was review bombed.  MM employees even tweeted showing some of the stuff they were doing. They didn't even try to hide, MC user reviews for this game is a joke.

Edited by AlphaExGAT
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, TJ_Solo said:

I never said there was such a consensus among the players, I just claimed that it only existed among the press that received the game before all of us.

17 minutes ago, RandomWhorie said:

I never said there was such a consensus among the players, I just claimed that it only existed among the press that received the game before all of us.

And I claimed there a consensus here among players that have the game.

13 minutes ago, RandomWhorie said:

How many people are you talking about? And compared to the total of people who have played the game, what percentage does it mean?

On this site and posts? Maybe 100 or 150. A little more than the number of reviewers you're referring to on Metacritic.

What does it the percentage matter compared to the number of games sold?  Most don't make forum accounts here. Most don't spend time post personal reviews or opinions. 

Just like you, I pointed to 1 specific group and pointed to their concensus.

Edited by TJ_Solo

3 minutes ago, TJ_Solo said:

On this site and posts? Maybe 100 or 150. A little more than the number of reviewers you're referring to on Metacritic.

What does it the percentage matter compared to the number of games sold?  Most don't make forum accounts here. Most don't spend time post personal reviews or opinions. 

Just like you, I pointed to 1 specific group and pointed to their concensus.

To say that there is a consensus among the press, I base myself on the scores that have been given to it, which is usually outstanding. Your to affirm the consensus between players, you are based on a website and that supposes a tiny percentage of all the owners of the game. I think there is a difference, this website does not gather all the possible critics that the game may have and drawing conclusions is rash.

17 minutes ago, RandomWhorie said:

To say that there is a consensus among the press, I base myself on the scores that have been given to it, which is usually outstanding. Your to affirm the consensus between players, you are based on a website and that supposes a tiny percentage of all the owners of the game. I think there is a difference, this website does not gather all the possible critics that the game may have and drawing conclusions is rash.

I didn't merely say players.

I limited my pool to people that have the game on their profile here and have posted posted reviews/scores in these topics.

Metacritic doesn't gather all press or media either. The site doesn't include reviewers that solely use youtube and have no website to post a written review.
While MC does include reviews from websites that don't score their reviews the opinion in those scoreless reviews are not factored into the MC score.
So if your point hinges on "all" then you have just undermined your own post.

There was no doubt that TLOU2 will sell well, mainly due to how amazing TLOU1 was. But i am still wondering what does this 4 million sales represent, copies sold to distributors? retailers? or end consumers? To put thing in perspective, before a game is released, the publisher would have sign distribution agreements with the distributors from various region. And typically, there will be a clause that specific the min. order for initial launch. In a way, this 4 million may simply represent how confident ND/Sony is in the game (ie setting a higher min. quantity). Lets see if the total sales of TLOU 2 in the long run will beat TLOU1 or Uncharted 4.