The Last of Us Part II is now the fastest-selling PS4 exclusive ever

2 minutes ago, TJ_Solo said:

I didn't merely say players.

I limited my pool to people that have the game on their profile here and have posted posted reviews/scores in these topics.

Metacritic doesn't gather all press or media either. The site doesn't include reviewers that solely use youtube and have no website to post a written review.
While MC does include reviews from websites that don't score their reviews the opinion in those scoreless reviews are not factored into the MC score.
So if your point hinges on "all" then you have just undermined your own post.

If the consensus is for a very small group of people, it is not very valid to draw conclusions and to call it "consensus" is exaggerated. I did not limit myself to MC but to most of the video game press and this usually gives very high scores.

In MC the game score given by the press is 94, gathering some 109 critics. I have no idea how many specialized video game sites there will be in the world, but I am sure it is a figure that comprises a considerable percentage of the total. Especially compared to the number of his small group of people you calls "consensus."

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, RandomWhorie said:

If the consensus is for a very small group of people, it is not very valid to draw conclusions and to call it "consensus" is exaggerated. I did not limit myself to MC but to most of the video game press and this usually gives very high scores.

In MC the game score given by the press is 94, gathering some 109 critics. I have no idea how many specialized video game sites there will be in the world, but I am sure it is a figure that comprises a considerable percentage of the total. Especially compared to the number of his small group of people you calls "consensus."

Nope. Consensus is exactly what I laid it out to be within the confines of this forum and the game owners that post here. If is a factually correct usage of the term.

Edited by TJ_Solo

4 minutes ago, TJ_Solo said:

Nope. Consensus is exactly what I laid it out to be within the confines of this forum and the game owners that post here. If is a factually correct usage of the term.

Doesn't seem divisive among gamers with the game in their profile here.

The game to get a verdict is still very recent, and as always there are people on opposite poles at first. It will be interesting to discuss the history in forums of this type in the future, I think it is the only good thing it has left.

52 minutes ago, RandomWhorie said:

The game to get a verdict is still very recent, and as always there are people on opposite poles at first. It will be interesting to discuss the history in forums of this type in the future, I think it is the only good thing it has left.

This forum will probably go quiet and focus on trophies, bugs, and cheating instead of people trying to put video games in a nice,neat inoffensive box.

18 minutes ago, Kiyan-13 said:

Didn't want to point this out, but I guess I have to. As what exactly are you advising people to not play the game? As someone who hasn't played it and has pretty much 0% knowledge about the actual game? Or as someone who doesn't have self-control and got spoiled? I mean both sound excellent characteristics, but really as what?

Where exactly did i advise people NOT to play the game? In your dreams?

25 minutes ago, Kiyan-13 said:

As someone who hasn't played it and has pretty much 0% knowledge about the actual game? 

You could buy a used copy(if you are afraid of wasting your money) and sell it once you are done and then decide if you it was "shitty" or not. But you are probably gonna say something like "Why waste 20+ hours of my life to decide for myself when I can stay ignorant for the rest of it?" because you don't really want to decide, you just want to support your illogical opinion driven by your confirmation-bias.

I also don't like sports games. Last sports game i played was Fifa 2000. I don't have the right to dislike sports games, because i haven't played the next 20 Fifa games??

I disliked the fact that ND decided to kill the MC of the first game because he killed a nobody. Maybe i'm salty. THE END. 

If ND thinks this is ok, then they have the recipe of success for Uncharted 5. Just use a sibling of the countless mobs Nathan Drake killed in the first 4 games, get his/her revenge.

Kill Drake, chop Sully's leg, bite Chloe's nose and throw acid in Elena's face. SUCCESS

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, sephiroth4424 said:

Kinda funny, I thought that you are gonna say something like that but seemed childish to play with the words. Either learn how to use the word "also" or stop humiliating yourself.

About the rest of your comment, use f***ing spoiler tags...

Edited by Kiyan-13

4 minutes ago, Kiyan-13 said:

Kinda funny, I thought that you are gonna say something like that but seemed childish to play with the words. Either learn how to use the word "also" or stop humiliating yourself.

About the rest of your comment, use f***ing spoilers tags...

I'm still waiting you to quote WHERE i suggested people not to play the game.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Kiyan-13 said:

2 minutes ago, Kiyan-13 said:

You can wait for the rest of your life or stop playing dumb, either way I'm done with babysitting.

Wg1sDM7.jpg

That is the ''also''? From that quote you realized i'm suggesting people not play the game, and not that my entire post is referring to your ''ignorance'' part?

Well good job man. I just humiliated myself again. Have a nice day

54 minutes ago, sephiroth4424 said:

I also don't like sports games. Last sports game i played was Fifa 2000. I don't have the right to dislike sports games, because i haven't played the next 20 Fifa games??

I disliked the fact that ND decided to kill the MC of the first game because he killed a nobody. Maybe i'm salty. THE END. 

If ND thinks this is ok, then they have the recipe of success for Uncharted 5. Just use a sibling of the countless mobs Nathan Drake killed in the first 4 games, get his/her revenge.

Kill Drake, chop Sully's leg, bite Chloe's nose and throw acid in Elena's face. SUCCESS

Hey bro, maybe it's too hard to understand this fucking thing. Let it go. Don't waste your time

• Like 4

The only doctor that could develop a vaccine during a species wiping pandemic being described as a « nobody ». Really interesting and typical when the last two people here to comment negatively on the game haven’t even played it and yet are obsessed.

You don’t see me get into arguments in forums about games I don’t play or that I hate because I like to spend my time and my energy on things I enjoy. Clearly a lot of people online however can only get a kick out of hatred which is very sad for them. Do yourself a favor and move on from thinking about this game you hate and focus on the stuff you like for a change.

Edited by Lovenewton
  • Like 3

It a video game, all. Some like it, some don't. And that's ok. The numbers do speak for themselves though. We shall ultimately see what it sells during its lifetime. Congratulations to PlayStation and NaughtyDog.

Congrats ND. I love it except for one bit: Abby's playthrough in the second half. I don't really like Abby's character but I feel Abby's story is interesting enough to be released as a DLC just like Left Behind in TLOU Remastered. That would've shortened Ellie's playthrough but more importantly stick to Ellie's story. That way whether you want to play Abby's playthrough is up to you. But Naughty Dog forced players to play as Abby to reach the end which is really annoying to players who just want to finish Ellie's story. I'm just rushing through the Abby chapters now.

2 hours ago, Lovenewton said:

The only doctor that could develop a vaccine during a species wiping pandemic being described as a « nobody ». Really interesting and typical when the last two people here to comment negatively on the game haven’t even played it and yet are obsessed.

You don’t see me get into arguments in forums about games I don’t play or that I hate because I like to spend my time and my energy on things I enjoy. Clearly a lot of people online however can only get a kick out of hatred which is very sad for them. Do yourself a favor and move on from thinking about this game you hate and focus on the stuff you like for a change.

listen dude, it's easy: some people liked Joel, some others Ellie, or both or nothing in Tlous 1. See? No obsession.

• Tlous 1. Perfect story, perfect characters, perfect ending.
  • Tlous 2 -> Spoilers everywhere, but ok no problem, we wait the release date and see if they were telling the truth about one major event (Joel). Fuck, the leaks were true! A character that didn't even exist in Tlous 1 killed one of the 2 main characters in the first 2 hours. For some people that is enough. No need to see the rest. Stop

See, it's easy to understand a different pov. Joel killed -> fuck the rest

If you don't understand that there could be a different point of view that doesn't include transgenders stuff, agenda, SJW or shit, but simply a shitty story event, the next step is to make a drawning.

Edited by X_Wizi_X
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Fearless0610 said:

I'm curious to see how this game does in the US during the rest of the year considering it had 80% drop during it's second in the UK and supposedly Japan doesn't really like the game that much and used copies are popping up like crazy online already

Don't all products get a 80-90% drop in sales after the launch period?
Japan, an entire country, doesn't like the game. Where was the poll for this given? 

7 minutes ago, Fearless0610 said:

I'm curious to see how this game does in the US during the rest of the year considering it had 80% drop during it's second in the UK and supposedly Japan doesn't really like the game that much and used copies are popping up like crazy online already

The 80% drop is normal for games that have big releases.

Uncharted 4 had a 78% drop, and GTA V had something like a 83% drop.

The only reliable sales data from Japan available right now, had it doing well in Japan.

22 minutes ago, TJ_Solo said:

Don't all products get a 80-90% drop in sales after the launch period?
Japan, an entire country, doesn't like the game. Where was the poll for this given? 

Just going by what I've seen on Youtube and heard from people I know in Japan. This video does a good job of streamlining it a bit

15 minutes ago, Abby_TheLastofUs said:

The 80% drop is normal for games that have big releases.

Uncharted 4 had a 78% drop, and GTA V had something like a 83% drop.

The only reliable sales data from Japan available right now, had it doing well in Japan.

Yeah I know that but if you look other PS4 exclusives like Spider-man, God of War and Days Gone. They only fell 42%, 35% and 60% and I just don't see this game having good longevity with all the controversy and backlash that it's getting. Plus the fact that Sony and Naughty Dog flat out lied and misled us for years is going to hurt this game a lot

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Fearless0610 said:

Just going by what I've seen on Youtube and heard from people I know in Japan. This video does a good job of streamlining it a bit

Youtube is filth and filled with people just begging for clicks. There's no facts being shared there. 

How often have you ever seen anyone talk about Japanese Ebay? Japanese EBAY! You might as well start talking about Amazon Japan as if it isn't a fucking joke for trolling.

The twits are youtube are just doing a circle jerk for other alt-right, neo-nazis, and gullible kids. 

Edited by TJ_Solo
  • Like 2