The Last of Us Part II is now the fastest-selling PS4 exclusive ever

47 minutes ago, PooPooBlast said:

No it doesn't. This is one of the many reasons why a lot of people hate the game and it isn't the only reason.

The video was posted last week. Almost a month after the game was released.

It has nothing to do with why some people have been hating the game.

That's fine and all but you can't turn a blind eye just because you want your team to feel good about themselves. Not to mention those people hate the story and not the environment, graphics, accessibility, etc which are praise-worthy. 

People have issues with the story which is something Neil was in charge of.

Even then that's kind of a lame excuse if you're saying Neil values what his team thinks more. Both should be just as valuable else that's like plugging your ears going LALALA because you can't handle the criticism (and I'm not talking about mindless hate). There will be no growth and improvement this way which as I said once again, is dependent on your fanbase accepting your product and learning on how you can better yourself especially if you're in charge of hundreds of employees. That's what leadership is about. 

Contrast what Neil said to this..

https://www.gamesradar.com/ghost-of-tsushima-creative-director-reacts-to-reviews-i-love-criticism-its-just-gonna-make-us-better/

It's like you didn't even listen to what he said, but are still going by that 11 second excerpt that purposefully misleading.

He cares about criticism. He says as much in the video. He says the reaction to the game has been a learning experience.

What Neil said is pretty much what Jason Connell said. Valuing what his team thinks more, does not mean he doesn't value criticism from the press and from players. 

Your earlier post quoted me posting a link to harsh review of the game, that Neil said he appreciated.

If you actually watched the video, you'd have also heard Neil talking about how people that worked on the game, including people with whom he had creative disagreements with, contacted him after the game out, and told him they loved the game and were proud to work on it. The employees at Naughty Dog don't have an issue with his leadership in regards to how The Last of Us 2 turned out.

I do not condone toxic behaviour nor death threats which consists of the shittiest people in the world. My problem is that he dismisses criticism so easily and lumps it all with the group who are mindlessly hating the game. That's called deflection and he's just trying to not address our point on why people have problems with TLoU 2. 

He did not do that.

He makes the distinction between the critics that matter less than his team (that he and the team listen to and digest their criticism), and the people that don't matter at all (the people sending threats). 

Straight from the video: "I love the conversations around Lev, and how some people have issues with it-". 

At the 47: 00 mark, he talks about some criticism he's reading and says he loves that stuff. At the 54: 00 mark, he talks about creative disagreements with Troy Baker (who was against Joel's fate), and says he would take those disagreements any day over indifference. He says the people he respects the most in the creative process are the people he's had the biggest disagreements with.

I'm going to leave it at that. I just wanted to simply point out that Neil handled thus poorly and I didn't want this to devolve into anything else. I don't have the luxury of time to type argumentative novels like this but I also didn't want to ignore your post either. 

If he did, it hasn't been posted here.

Watching the whole video, there's too much of him valuing criticism to say he's dismissing thoughtful criticism. 

Once again, here's a tweet of Neil apprecating criticism.

Edited by Abby_TheLastofUs