THIS IS SOME BULLSHIT!!

reiner-

1 hour ago, BlackSabre500 said:

Yet Abby's tits is ok? and before you try to give the "It's rated M.", Devil May Cry 5, a game that is rated M with nudity in it, was censored by putting a lens flare on a woman's butt, yet The Last of Us Part 2, which is also rated M with nudity, shown Abby's tits, nipples and all. There can only be two explanations: 1. Sony are hypocrites. or 2. Sony saw Abby's tits to look like a man's therefore there is no need to censor them. (I await your mythical third option.)  

The answer to 1 is the the DMC 5 edit was done by Capcom, not Sony and thus Sony is not responsible

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, BlackSabre500 said:

I went ahead and started reading your old posts and i think i'm understanding your point of view...

If i understand right, you think it's stupid that people are complaining about changes in certain games but want changes in another, right?

I think it's amusing that a certain type of people are adamant that their anime tiddie games aren't censored on the basis that it's artistic expression and thus should never be subject to change by another party, but these same people want far more extensive and expensive changes to The Last of Us Part II.

• Like 3

17 hours ago, Kittet3 said:

Has anything ever actually been changed based on a change.org petition? 

Yes. It got the Snyder Cut released.

40 minutes ago, majob said:

The answer to 1 is the the DMC 5 edit was done by Capcom, not Sony and thus Sony is not responsible

Why did Capcom do it? Last I heard, NA didn't have the flare but EU still does.

33 minutes ago, Abby_TheLastofUs said:

I think it's amusing that a certain type of people are adamant that their anime tiddie games aren't censored on the basis that it's artistic expression and thus should never be subject to change by another party, but these same people want far more extensive and expensive changes to The Last of Us Part II.

That's what i was assuming was the true message of those post. I apologize for the criticisms i sent to you,  i do agree that rewriting the game's story will be expensive and trying to change for people so there could be a chance that they would like would bad too (it would be too big of a gamble to even try anyway.) I am still on the fence when it comes to this game, but it's only because the drama around the game and i am one of the people who did watch someone else play the game but i only got to the point after the scene that got people mad (don't want to spoil it just in case there are people who don't know yet.) and the game looks promising based on what i've seen. I'll try to get the game later down the line once the drama dies down so that the drama doesn't dull out the experience.

19 minutes ago, Eraezr said:

Yes. It got the Snyder Cut released.

Why did Capcom do it? Last I heard, NA didn't have the flare but EU still does.

NA was patched out later and Capcom did it as a preemptive measure because they thought Sony would ask them to but they never did. The problem with Sony's policy is that it isn't properly defined so no one knows what is or isn't allowed. 

Edited by majob
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Livingstone7728 said:

4 Million copies in 2 days... almost perfect score from every gaming magazine and website... 

Some trolls that never actually played it dont like the story....

Must be a shit game 1f644.png1f644.png1f644.png

TLOU sold over 17 million copies total. This game has only just opened with 4. We will see how well it does over the longer run. I'm not convinced they will surpass the first game, which if it wouldn't should say enough on the quality of a sequal.

Also, the perfect scores come from the official magazines and websites, a lot from the west (IGN Japan gave it a 7 for example). Independent reviewers hower are almost all giving it an average to good score (mostly ranging from 6-8). That should also be telling.

Not all people that don't like the story are trolls that never played it. I've got the platinum for it. Am I to call you a troll with an invalid opinion for not completely finishing up with a platinum yet? That's not how that works.

People that say the game is shit, are simply countering the people calling it a masterpiece. It's neither. It's "just" a decent game.

But-thats-just.jpg

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Ric said:

TLOU sold over 17 million copies total. This game has only just opened with 4. We will see how well it does over the longer run. I'm not convinced they will surpass the first game, which if it wouldn't should say enough on the quality of a sequal.

Also, the perfect scores come from the official magazines and websites, a lot from the west (IGN Japan gave it a 7 for example). Independent reviewers hower are almost all giving it an average to good score (mostly ranging from 6-8). That should also be telling.

Not all people that don't like the story are trolls that never played it. I've got the platinum for it. Am I to call you a troll with an invalid opinion for not completely finishing up with a platinum yet? That's not how that works.

Dont want to argue with your opinion but just wanted to clarify a few things.

Yes TLOU sold a shit ton, but it was one of the first Sony ‘Story game’ that has inspired countless others to the point of ridicule, like God of War. Despite this they have been selling incredibly and TLOU2 having higher launch sales than Spider-Man is telling to me that its only going to reach higher. TLOU2 might be condemned for having so called bad writing online, but everyone is still going to want to experience it themselves and make their own opinion. We knew Joel was dying weeks prior to release and it didnt affect anything in the slightest, and thats really the main stickler most people are crying out against. 

The review scores point is a little insinuating that because higher profile outlets give higher scores something has gone askew? I dont know just read like that, Im sure you understand that this isnt the case, each review has been crafted by the writer and its sad to see people so dismissive because of scores.

And finally, personally, a platinum doesnt really mean anything, atleast to me. Ive read people who put the game on Novice/Very easy because they were angry at Joels death or having to play Abby, putting the accessibility modes on (where you dont get spotted in stealth while crawling) and use a guide. Not saying you didnt play the game correctly, just that some people are trophy whores and I doubt they had a good time playing the game like that.

Edited by SasquatchSaul
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, Abby_TheLastofUs said:

This. Nicely said!

56 minutes ago, Ric said:

It's very difficult to reach that numbers because TLoU sold 17 million between PS3 and PS4, and it is very possible that TLoU2 will receive a patch for PS5 instead of a re-release like the first one.

Not talking about you, but it is sad that instead of Sony gamers rejoice for having two amazing games in their console now this looks like a war between TLoU1-TLoU2 fans :sigh:

39 minutes ago, DeepEyes7 said:

It's very difficult to reach that numbers because TLoU sold 17 million between PS3 and PS4, and it is very possible that TLoU2 will receive a patch for PS5 instead of a re-release like the first one.

Fair point. 

I feel even getting close will be a difficult task for this game. Let's say compared to Uncharted 4 with 10.3 million. But the future will tell, maybe it ends up blowing it out of the water, and I just end up one of the exceptions :).

Not talking about you, but it is sad that instead of Sony gamers rejoice for having two amazing games in their console now this looks like a war between TLoU1-TLoU2 fans :sigh:

I think this is mostly because half the people enjoyed it, but the other half hoped for a (in our opinion) much better story than we got. The "war" is just a result of the negative people's passion for the first game, that they feel has been spit upon (quite literally). Also people calling each other's opinion wrong isn't really helping either :). An opinion is an opinion and that's personal. We're here to discuss these things, not to call each other idiots for thinking differently (also not talking about you of course :) ).

I've preordered this game. I normally never preorder games, this year, since I had a bit more money to spend and there are a few devs I trusted with my money releasing new games, I've preordered 3 games (preorder mostly because I like to collect steelbooks, and those editions usually go fast for these type of games).

The games are TLOU2, Ghost of Tsushima and Cyberpunk, because they all come from devs I've never been really dissapointed with. For me, Naughty Dog is now of this list, should there be a part 3, I'm not saying I'll never get it, but definitely not via preorder. Depending on the reviews, I may even wait for a good discount.

Edited by Ric
  • Like 4

I'm pretty sure that the signing of a petition like this is nothing more than to get a more accurate number of how many people are angry at the direction. I don't think anyone expects an actual change. It just looks like close to 40,000 people want to sign a "I hated this" form and show ND. Like when the Game of Thrones season 8 petition went out. I didn't expect any changes or remakes to happen. I just added my name to it so that HBO and the showrunners would get an accurate number of just how many people they pissed off. *Shrugs* If you loved this game that's great, you assisted in making this one of the best selling games ever and there isn't anything wrong with that. If you hated this game your opinion also has equal validity.

Edited by D-Square23
  • Like 2

The signing of a petition is fun joke. It dont help to change so much. There are people who love Abby and the endelig.

I admit I dislike what ND does to Ellie's life. On TLOU Joel lies to Ellie on end hurt our hearts.

But in TLOU2, they throw Ellie down too deeply after we love Ellie and Joel are unacceptable. We feel that ND likes Abby better than Ellie. Since many do not care Abby is better and hero than Ellie. Ellie belongs in our hearts. I think Abby's story should be DLC or something if ND wants to tell us about Abby.

But .. We have to live with it hat we like or not. Signing a petition is a joke. I think we should rather focus on TLOU2 does not deserve GOTY.

That ND will learn it.

Edited by Antonius87

1 hour ago, D-Square23 said:

I'm pretty sure that the signing of a petition like this is nothing more than to get a more accurate number of how many people are angry at the direction. I don't think anyone expects an actual change. It just looks like close to 40,000 people want to sign a "I hated this" form and show ND. Like when the Game of Thrones season 8 petition went out. I didn't expect any changes or remakes to happen. I just added my name to it so that HBO and the showrunners would get an accurate number of just how many people they pissed off. *Shrugs* If you loved this game that's great, you assisted in making this one of the best selling games ever and there isn't anything wrong with that. If you hated this game your opinion also has equal validity.

But still, I know that just 40.000 are signing but should be more (not everyone believe in that or knows about it), if you take those 40.000 from 4.000.000 of games sold in the first 2-3 days (should be a lot more now too) is a little 1%... maybe it could reach 5-10% with better data? It's still very good numbers for ND, I don't think that they even take this seriously... (And the review bombing, the leaks, the harassment... doesn't help to make a point...)

Edited by DeepEyes7

!Jesus Christ! !GET OVER ALREADY! If you don't like the game for some reason, you have options (as you still live in a democracy):

1.- Don't buy the game (most obvious one.

2.- If you buyed it, you can ask for a refund and return it.

3.- If you buyed it and you can't ask for a refund nor return it, re sell it to someone else or use it as a mini plate for your tea cups or snacks, throw it as a freezbie for your dog or as a nivelator for your table or chair.

I, personally didn't like the story (in my opinon it is a mess full of flaws like a slice of swiss cheese) but on the other "departments" the game excels well. Even i think it doesn't deserve the GOTY but trying to suscribe this is pointless. The same happened with the atrocity called "Season 8" on GOT (a monster 100 ways bigger than TLOU on fame and revenue) and yet, nothing changed (altough the writers for that piece of garbage got what they deserved for what they did to the series getting fired from the Star Wars proyect).

So, resuming: ¿You don't like it? Don't buy it or return it.

• Like 2