THIS IS SOME BULLSHIT!!

reiner-

On 6/27/2020 at 2:12 PM, domp4484 said:

Story was great. What a bunch of babies. Go play spongebob or something and let the adults play this game

Wow dude what your problem with sponge bob huh? You look like a babie telling people that bob sponge can't be played by adults.

I'm TOTALLY against the story of TLOU II for me it sucks and not for the "agenda" thing it just that for me suck period. BUT the gameplay itself and the mechanics and game in general is amazing can deny that, so there is my problem it's like if you mom give you your favorite food, you try some and is amazing but random she adds some sauce without your permission and totally mess up your food.... you can take some parts where there no sauce but you can't enjoy the food completly.

Btw I played on a friend account so it's not here I spend the money on Sponge Bob Battle For Bikini Botom and Ghost of Th..... ?

Edited by NordicSaiyan

2 minutes ago, TomataEighty9 said:

The "i killed people, got revenge and lived happily ever after" has been done more than once too ;)

You have a point. Maybe writers should stay away from revenge stories all together then. Though from a players perspective, I'd prefer to get the revenge and not being blueballed. Imagine if the Count of Monte Cristo in the end just said - nah, screw it, revenge won't get me anywhere. That would sort of ruin the book for me tbh.

16 minutes ago, Silver-I-Chariot said:

You have a point. Maybe writers should stay away from revenge stories all together then. Though from a players perspective, I'd prefer to get the revenge and not being blueballed. Imagine if the Count of Monte Cristo in the end just said - nah, screw it, revenge won't get me anywhere. That would sort of ruin the book for me tbh.

How does that book end in your head?

• Like 3

1 minute ago, TJ_Solo said:

How does that book end in your head?

Well, he did actually get his revenge in some very creative, original and satisfying ways. On top of that, he was still filthy rich and married a young and pretty princess (or whatever her status was) who was madly in love with him. So I'd say it went pretty well for him and I was glad to see him find peace and happiness.

3 minutes ago, Silver-I-Chariot said:

Well, he did actually get his revenge in some very creative, original and satisfying ways. On top of that, he was still filthy rich and married a young and pretty princess (or whatever her status was) who was madly in love with him. So I'd say it went pretty well for him and I was glad to see him find peace and happiness.

you're missing some bits.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Silver-I-Chariot said:

Count of Montecristo is not a good example of what you tried to say, because even if it is a tale of revenge at the end is about forgiveness too... And Dantes enemies acted because of Greed and Envy, they didn't have any justification like in this case...

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Silver-I-Chariot said:

The "revenge bad" trope has been done to death already. At this point it's neither original nor good storytelling.

according to your account, you didn't play the game. this was also evident by the fact that the overall theme is not revenge. you complain about unoriginal and bad storytelling but yet you're basically calling for a good guy vs bad guy storyline *yawn* you're entitled to not like the game. but you're reviewing it based on someone else's review.. and should be taken with a grain of salt

2 hours ago, TomataEighty9 said:

Who made this "rule"?

I find it rather refreshing, that Naughty dog does this. The fact that they show that revenge and killing WILL have a price, is good storytelling.

It's okay that YOU don't like the story, but don't make up "rules" for story telling... You can tell any story you want... The story makes perfect sense. People are just mad they didn't get exactly what they wanted.

^^ This! 

can you imagine if someone told Tarantino oh sorry you can't tell the story backwards... there's rules to storytelling. I thought having both characters' story told up until the final showdown was brilliant.. you get to feeling like sophie's choice on who you want to win. what a great game

On 2020-06-26 at 0:50 PM, PhantomFear94 said:

Asking a creator to change their content because you don't like a narrative direction through a petition is...well, it's something. 

Typical of the way things are these days.  Seems like society has forgotten “you can’t please all the people all the time”.  

7 hours ago, MZK-TrophyHunter said:

This game‘s story goes against any basic rules of story telling in sequels, not only in video games, but in fiction in general (books and films included). You don‘t kill the main character at the beginning of a sequel and focus on the person who kills him, trying to make the audience / reader / gamer like her. It‘s like killing Nathan Drake at the beginning of Uncharted 2 and trying to make the gamer like the killer in the rest of the game. This is absurd and creates a story which is a disgusting abomination within its fictional world. Shame on you Naughty Dog for doing this after the masterpiece TLOU1. 

In the year 1960, the world was in an uproar when Alfred Hitchcock killed off Janet Leigh during the opening of a little film titled, PSYCHO.  Arbitrary rules are always meant to be broken.  There is a difference between these rules and your opinion.  

6 hours ago, MZK-TrophyHunter said:

I never played the Walking Dead, so you might be right. But even without being familiar with Walking Dead I agree with your criticism of the simplicity of the TLOS1‘s plot, it is in fact simple: there are two characters who travel from A to B and have to face obstacles. But the character development of Joel and Eliie and the emotional experience it creates is what makes the TLOU1 a masterpiece in my opinion. That’s what l experienced while playing the TLOU1 and I’m sure that‘s what Naughty Dog intended to achieve. TLOU2 puts this experience on its head, by killing Joel and by trying to make the gamer like his killer. By creating such a sequel Naughty Dog contradicts itself in my opinion. As l said before l feel betrayed, but it‘s just an opinion and you don‘t have to agree with it. 

you know, its not the fact that Joel was killed.. its the fact that because this is NOT a game about Ellie and Joel..

They should have just let Ellie killed Joel instead and let the game roles on Ellie before and after she killed Joel.. That way the game will be perfect and everyone will be happy.. They don’t want a newcomer, Abby, where nobody even knows her at all..

if Ellie was the one who did it, and walking through the suffer and pain, the whole story will be perfect and more will like it.. (nah.. i doubt it, maybe the same will happen when people start complaining again).. in the end, nothing is perfect, you wouldn’t be satisfying the whole planet earth.. people will still complaining whatever the outcome may be..

What makes Walking Dead different is, the MC was killed because it is something that unstoppable and the other MC had to do it out of their willingness, so you see, in the end, it’s not because Joel is dead, it’s the way he died that matters.. they should have just made him got bitten ehen trying to protect Ellie from sudden attack and become infected and force Ellie to kill him.. hahaha..

Edited by JunPei_TGB
for godsake why did i keep typing Joey instead of Joel.. XD

7 hours ago, MZK-TrophyHunter said:

You play as Joel for 90 per cent of the game in the TLOU1, thus Joel is the main character of the TLOU1. You never heard of this rule because nobody ever talks about it since abiding by this rule is so obvious. If you manage to find a sequel in books / films / games in which the main character is killed at the beginning of the sequel and in which the focus is placed on making the reader / viewer / gamer like the killer, l will openly say that I‘m wrong. If not, l will stick with my opinion and continue claiming that TLOU2 is an abomination in terms of story telling. It goes against the emotional experience of the TLOU1 - the excellent development of the friendship relationship between Joel and Ellie which is an extreme contrast to the hostile world of TLOU1. This world doesn‘t deserve the sacrifice of Ellie, thus Joel‘s decision to rescue Ellie at all cost makes absolute sense. TLOU2 presents this decision as wrong by killing Joel and focusing on Abby, it therefore destroys the emotional experience of the TLOU1. This is the reason why I felt betrayed and disgusted while playing the TLOU2.

you should really give that game “Telltale Walking Dead” a try if you don’t mind, because the storyline are awesome as it’s also about two strangers met and develop those relationships like father and daughter, the reason i said TLoU was a rip-off.. plus.. its trophy hunter favorite.. because the platinum are free given.. LOL.. 

For whoever compare this abomination to Lee's death by clementine clearly didnt understand why that was absolutely noone hate her on that.

Because it make sense and add so many to story afterward. Not counting it was actually fantastic build up just like TLOU1 story but this in much better execution.

If Joel were send off just like this at the start. I bet noone will even criticized and got praised instead.

Edited by FielVeredus
  • Like 3

I enjoyed the game, I thought the graphics were great and the combat was good. I didn't like playing as Abby at all. After her killing Jesse and shooting Tommy we were expected to enjoy playing her for all three of her days in Seattle, I also didn't like the part were we had to beat the shit out of Ellie as Abby. I thought she wasn't the most interesting character. Lev and Yara were the only reason her parts were enjoyable, I didn't like Abby's close friends I found the group annoying, Nora was the only one that I found bearable. I enjoy the addition of the groups the wolves and especially the Scars. I thought the Scars were a very interesting group. The whistling and use of bows and arrows was a cool idea that played out very well. The weapons and environment were very well done and enjoyable. The Story was good but I wish we got to kill Abby in the end. After chasing her across the country, I think we should have gotten to finish her off. I think some people are over reacting. I am a big fan of the first game and I did really enjoy most of the second, I just would have loved to finish Abby off at the end.     

27 minutes ago, FielVeredus said:

For whoever compare this abomination to Lee's death by clementine clearly didnt understand why that was absolutely noone hate her on that.

Because it make sense and add so many to story afterward.

Exactly, my thought exactly.. you are misunderstanding my point there.. i was trying to compare the hatred as to why people are complaining TLoU and not with walking dead.. making sense is the exact point i want to say.. Joel shouldn’t be killed by total stranger and the story shouldn’t evolve around all new characters instead of Ellie/Joel.. people want them..

27 minutes ago, FielVeredus said:

Because it make sense and add so many to story afterward. Not counting it was actually fantastic build up just like TLOU1 story but this in much better execution.

If Joel were send off just like this at the start. I bet noone will even criticized and got praised instead.

Yeah, i did said that earlier in two post before you.. glad we both like WD.. it is truly well executed..

Maybe the game will perfect as you said, when Ellie discovering the truth about Joel hidding, and killed him herself, then regret in doing that and in adventure of seeking redemption, experience with many new characters and make her experience those flashback and in the end she got what she deserve, whether dead or alive is fine.. might make the game got praises.. at the very least the game revolves around Ellie/Joel and NOT strangers. 

Edited by JunPei_TGB
typo typo typo

7 hours ago, TJ_Solo said:

you're missing some bits.

You are more than welcome to point them out.

7 hours ago, DeepEyes7 said:

Count of Montecristo is not a good example of what you tried to say, because even if it is a tale of revenge at the end is about forgiveness too... And Dantes enemies acted because of Greed and Envy, they didn't have any justification like in this case...

Never said the stories were truly identical, just used it as an example of a satisfying conclusion to a revenge story. Forgiveness doesn't mean much if it's given after fulfilling your revenge. And if by forgiveness you mean showing kindness to his enemies children, well, they didn't do anything wrong after all.

7 hours ago, Livingstone7728 said:

according to your account, you didn't play the game. this was also evident by the fact that the overall theme is not revenge. you complain about unoriginal and bad storytelling but yet you're basically calling for a good guy vs bad guy storyline *yawn* you're entitled to not like the game. but you're reviewing it based on someone else's review..

If the discussion was about gameplay I'd agree with you. But since it's the story we are talking about, what difference does it make? The story will not be different for someone watching the cutscenes on youtube or holding a controller in his hand. As to the theme not being revenge... Well enlighten me then and do tell what it is really about.

11 hours ago, reiner- said:

I was actually rooting for Abby to come out on top as she is the closest to a decent human being in both games.

She only went after Joel and ONLY Joel  because of what he did to her. Unlike Ellie she didn't murder countless people to accomplish her goal.

Then after everything Ellie had done to Abby, Abby was the bigger man (quite literally) and wanted to walk away from it all but Ellie still wanted to carry on with her bullshit.

Well, she betrayed and massacred her fellow gang members for trying to "save" two unknown people, who belonged to a rival gang. For me she has obvious mental problems.

16 minutes ago, RandomWhorie said:

Well, she betrayed and massacred her fellow gang members for trying to "save" two unknown people, who belonged to a rival gang. For me she has obvious mental problems.

I never said she was an angel. Anyone who can torture someone definitely has a screw loose. The only reason she helped those Scars is because they saved her from being hung and gutted. Then she went above and beyond to get medical supplies for them. The Wolves sort of forced her hand by attacking her which is pretty fucked up. Even Isaac said she was one of his best soldiers and had taken out many Scars in the past so for her to be protecting two of them you would think her fellow gang would hear her out instead of threatening to shoot her on the spot.

At first I thought Abby was a piece of shit for what she did but I'm pretty sure most people would of done the same thing.

Remember, Abby and her friends only went after Joel where as Ellie murdered everyone of Abbys friends. Even a pregnant lady and the worst one of all, ALICE. That poor fucking German Shepard got stabbed to death. 

Fuck You Ellie!

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, reiner- said:

I never said she was an angel. Anyone who can torture someone definitely has a screw loose. The only reason she helped those Scars is because they saved her from being hung and gutted. Then she went above and beyond to get medical supplies for them. The Wolves sort of forced her hand by attacking her which is pretty fucked up. Even Isaac said she was one of his best soldiers and had taken out many Scars in the past so for her to be protecting two of them you would think her fellow gang would hear her out instead of threatening to shoot her on the spot.

At first I thought Abby was a piece of shit for what she did but I'm pretty sure most people would of done the same thing.

Remember, Abby and her friends only went after Joel where as Ellie murdered everyone of Abbys friends. Even a pregnant lady and the worst one of all, ALICE. That poor fucking German Shepard got stabbed to death. 

Fuck You Ellie!

She will have forged friendships during her stay in the gang that in a normal situation would have caused her multiple dilemmas when it comes to killing them, I say. Instead, she openly set out to fight them by killing whoever stood in front of her no matter what, and being a game that constantly seeks nuances in all her characters' acts, this is very strange. Even the story draws on blatant stereotypes about evil people, as in her fight against Isaac, who is literally personified as a demon (?), It is absurd. It seems to me a very mediocre and fatal story told.

9 hours ago, RandomWhorie said:

so she has an epiphany and it's mental illness? she didn't turn on anyone they turned on her for trying to show mercy to 2 innocent children

5 minutes ago, Livingstone7728 said:

so she has an epiphany and it's mental illness? she didn't turn on anyone they turned on her for trying to show mercy to 2 innocent children

That's not what I mean when I say that, but her ability to remorselessly kill people she had coffee with and woke up to every day until then. That indicates psychopathy.