THIS IS SOME BULLSHIT!!

reiner-

3 hours ago, RandomWhorie said:

That's not what I mean when I say that, but her ability to remorselessly kill people she had coffee with and woke up to every day until then. That indicates psychopathy.

Funny, I would sooner give the level of "psychopath" to some here that demonstrate 0 empathy and 0 reasoning skills before assuming Abby doesn't feel regret for having to fight WLF members. 

On 29.6.2020 at 0:54 PM, reiner- said:

At first I thought Abby was a piece of shit for what she did but I'm pretty sure most people would of done the same thing.

Remember, Abby and her friends only went after Joel where as Ellie murdered everyone of Abbys friends. Even a pregnant lady and the worst one of all, ALICE. That poor fucking German Shepard got stabbed to death. 

Fuck You Ellie!

Yeah most people would do the same thing ( kill joel) in her situation but most people would have done the same thing joel did in part 1 ( save the daughter) too.

"Abby and her friends only went after Joel where as Ellie murdered everyone of Abbys friends"

What a joke, they planned to catch an innocent jackson citizen and torture him to get information about joel. They were just lucky that joel was stupid enough to get in such a situation, so doing that wasnt necessary anymore. They "only went after joel" because he was the only culprit, he didnt have any help in the hospital. Abbys friend were part of joels murder and they helped her, they were accomplices. So killing them is understandable and Abby attacked tommy and jessy ( didnt kill one of her friends) too.

That said most of those kills ( except nora) were self-defence. For example, Jordan was about to kill dina. There was a high chance that she wouldnt have killed mel and owen ( she even said she doesnt care about them), she just wanted abbys location. Owen tried to grab ellies weapon and was killed during the struggle. As a result ellie was attacked by mel and killed her in self defence, she didnt even know that she was pregnant. When she found out, she was shocked. Abby on the other hand knew that dina was pregnant and didnt give a shit. If not for levs interference she would have killed dina and ellie without a second thought, so dont give me the " she spared them" BS, she didnt spare them at her own will. Ellie didnt spare her at her own will either ( was influenced by joel).

Killing the dog was a life or death situation, if she hadnt killed the dog, she would have been killed by the dog or the alarmed soldiers. I love dogs/animals but I would have killed him too. Ellie and abby are almost 1:1 the same, thats the whole point about this story. The only thing I can blame ellie for is the fact that she chose revenge and not family at the end of the game.

Edited by GoDBoss173
  • Like 4

35 minutes ago, GoDBoss173 said:

Yeah most people would do the same thing ( kill joel) in her situation

No, I don't think most people would brutally bludgeon someone to death, especially if that person just saved their live moments ago. Even if there was some grudge between them. Or at least I hope most people wouldn't.  

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Silver-I-Chariot said:

No, I don't think most people would brutally bludgeon someone to death, especially if that person just saved their live moments ago. Even if there was some grudge between them. Or at least I hope most people wouldn't.  

I meant kill him and not torture him. I wouldnt torture him either, I would make it quick and shoot him in the head. However most people wouldnt forgive joel in abbys case. They wouldnt torture him but definitely kill him, especially in a world like the last of us where you can kill without going to jail.

38 minutes ago, Silver-I-Chariot said:

I like how you turned killing Joel into brutally bludgeoning someone who saved your life to death, but you're referencing the killing of Abby's father using the wording some grudge at the same time.

Edited by BloodyRutz

5 minutes ago, GoDBoss173 said:

I meant kill him and not torture him. I wouldnt torture him either, I would make it quick and shoot him in the head. However most people wouldnt forgive joel in abbys case. They wouldnt torture him but definitely kill him, especially in a world like the last of us where you can kill without going to jail.

Dunno, maybe you have a rather negative perception of people. Torturing or not, going out of your way and actively seeking to murder someone for revenge doesn't seem normal to me, especially if the death of her father was 5 year and she wasn't witness to it.

I've watched an interesting documentary about the rwandan genocide. They showed what life was like afterwards and interviewed people on both sides. Tutsi and Hutu are living side by side and have mostly just sort of let it go. If everyone was taking revenge on each other there wouldn't be any people alive among them.

12 minutes ago, Silver-I-Chariot said:

I agree with that. But regardless of that, the question was whether most people would do what she did in her situation and I believe it's unlikely.

So, you can imagine forgiving somebody killing your father and move on? Not to mention being able to kill or harm somebody is vital for surviving in this post-apocalyptic world.

I thought the game made that very clear by Abby deciding not to kill Ellie and Tommy in the same scene.

Edited by BloodyRutz

4 minutes ago, DaivRules said:

Everyone are all noble heroes until they're in a zombie apocalypse, and every move could mean their death.

But let's all rationalize how we'd always be calm and cool in other peoples places in situations we can't actually relate to.

You are right, it's hard to relate to and obviously people would act differently. But hunting someone down to murder them for revenge is not self-defence and it doesn't really improve your survival chances. I mean, everyone is trying to survive, resources are scarce and people have enough problems as is.

2 minutes ago, BloodyRutz said:

So, you can imagine forgiving somebody killing your father? Not to mention being able to kill or harm somebody is vital for surviving in this post-apocalyptic world. I thought game made that very clear.

Just because I wouldn't kill someone doesn't mean I would forgive them. And again, they spent a lot of time and resources chasing a person who was not a threat to them. I don't see how that's vital for survival.

27 minutes ago, Silver-I-Chariot said:

You are right, it's hard to relate to and obviously people would act differently. But hunting someone down to murder them for revenge is not self-defence and it doesn't really improve your survival chances. I mean, everyone is trying to survive, resources are scarce and people have enough problems as is.

All this is true but it does not mean the feelings just go away. People are driven mainly by feelings.

27 minutes ago, Silver-I-Chariot said:

Just because I wouldn't kill someone doesn't mean I would forgive them. And again, they spent a lot of time and resources chasing a person who was not a threat to them. I don't see how that's vital for survival.

I used bad wording. What I meant is that killing or harming somebody like this in this world setting is not something that only psychos would do and it's vital for surviving. Without forgiveness, it would eat you up from inside. As seen at the end of the game when Ellie decided to go after Abby.

She did it for her sake not just because Tommy asked her to. This is my assumption based on her having constant PTSD incidents also described in her notebook. Basically to get over things you first need to find peace within yourself, which I think is what finally happened in the end when she decided to let Abby go. And I think without that she would never really be happy with Dina.

But let's agree to disagree on these two points. All of this is individual, I guess.

Edited by BloodyRutz
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Silver-I-Chariot said:

Dunno, maybe you have a rather negative perception of people. Torturing or not, going out of your way and actively seeking to murder someone for revenge doesn't seem normal to me, especially if the death of her father was 5 year and she wasn't witness to it.

You're probably right that it wouldn't be considered normal if it was in a non-apocalyptic world, it would be illegal to murder someone just to get revenge, probably a good chance the murderer was sent to jail anyways which may satisfy some people, you're very unlikely to have killed someone before and you are very unlikely to have any sort of adequate training in guns or whatever.

But this game is in an apocalyptic world, the law is not going to bother you if you murder someone, the murderer is not going to face any 'justice' unless someone becomes the law and brings it upon them, and finally you're very likely to have killed before so mentally being able to kill someone is not a problem. Her father death may be 5 years, but it's not like it wasn't on her mind everyday whilst she got buff and looked for any leads to Joel's location.

Edited by xWinson
Added comma
  • Like 2

I saw the thread title and if I’m honest was going to come in here and tell all the whiners to quit their whining, but reading through I’m at peace with the fact multiple people have already said what I wanted to say, the game was a masterpiece, if your one of those people that ruined the entire game for yourself because you were too stupid to read all the spoilers and whining then that’s on you, you’re at fault, but for all of us that didn’t, the game was epic really, GOOD ON YOU to all who played the game spoiler free and enjoyed the game, may your life be long, and may your death be swift ?

Edited by Shmeefly
  • Like 2

32 minutes ago, Shmeefly said:

if your one of those retards that ruined the entire game for yourself because you were too stupid to read all the spoilers and whining then that’s on you, your at fault

First of all, "you're". Secondly, calling people names for not liking the game goes a bit far, doesn't it?

• Like 1

On 6/26/2020 at 3:32 PM, reiner- said:

First of all pressing on this link will reveal some major spoilers so if you haven't finished the game do not click on it.

Just came across a petition that people are signing to have tLoU2's story changed. 

Naughty Dog aren't going to change shit.

Well of course they aren't going to change shit but why are you touting about this being "bullshit?" People are pissed off and they have a right to be angry. Granted, this effort is futile but it's better than nothing. I personally donated $7 to the campaign. Not because I think it'll make a difference, but because I'm putting my money where my mouth is when I say that this game is an utter TRAVESTY. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, SuperSaiyan3985 said:

Well of course they aren't going to change shit but why are you touting about this being "bullshit?" People are pissed off and they have a right to be angry. Granted, this effort is futile but it's better than nothing. I personally donated $7 to the campaign. Not because I think it'll make a difference, but because I'm putting my money where my mouth is when I say that this game is an utter TRAVESTY. 

So people can be angry about TLOU but the guy that made the topic can't be angry at the petition attempt? Interesting.

3 minutes ago, SuperSaiyan3985 said:

I think this is bullshit because of how inconsiderate these people are. They are only thinking about themselves. How about the millions of people who did enjoy the game or the millions more who have yet to experience it. 

Yes people have the right to be angry and have a opinion but people have to learn that not everything in the world will appeal to them.

1 minute ago, TJ_Solo said:

So people can be angry about TLOU but the guy that made the topic can't be angry at the petition attempt? Interesting.

There's nothing to be angry about, LOL. I'm reasoning that you making this thread is pointless.

1 minute ago, reiner- said:

I think this is bullshit because of how inconsiderate these people are. They are only thinking about themselves. How about the millions of people who did enjoy the game or the millions more who have yet to experience it. 

Yes people have the right to be angry and have a opinion but people have to learn that not everything in the world will appeal to them.

Inconsiderate? We've waited seven years for a proper sequel to one of the greatest games of all time, a game that touched millions, and we find out they spat on the franchise and have done nothing but undermine the first game. If people want to petition to have the story changed, it's 100% justified. Just because a minority of people like it, doesn't mean the rest of us have to shut up and conform. 

• Like 1

Just now, SuperSaiyan3985 said:

There's nothing to be angry about, LOL. I'm reasoning that you making this thread is pointless.

Inconsiderate? We've waited seven years for a proper sequel to one of the greatest games of all time, a game that touched millions, and we find out they spat on the franchise and have done nothing but undermine the first game. If people want to petition to have the story changed, it's 100% justified. Just because a minority of people like it, doesn't mean the rest of us have to shut up and conform. 

It will never happen. Move on.

• Like 2